Product Code: CS3945MF
The Malaysian Spirits market is led by the Specialty Spirits category in volume terms and Whiskey in value terms. While the Gin and Genever category is forecast to register fastest growth during 2015-2020 in both value and volume terms. On-trade transactions account for the majority share in distribution in the market. Bacardi Limited is the leading player in the market. Screw Top is the commonly used closure type in the market.
- The Gin and Genever category is forecast to register the fastest volume growth during 2015-2020.
- The Whiskey category is the largest value category in the Malaysian Spirits market.
- On-trade transactions account for the majority share in distribution in Malaysia's Wine and Spirits market.
- Camino Real is the leading brand in the Tequila and Mezcal category.
- Malaysian consumers are opting for value for money products in the Spirits market.
- Screw Top is the commonly used closure type in the Malaysian Spirits market.
Canadean's Consumer and Market Insights report on the Spirits market in Malaysia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for eight categories including Brandy, Gin and Genever, Liqueurs, Rum, Specialty Spirits, Tequila and Mezcal, Vodka, and Whiskey with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
- Leading players: Market share of brands from 2012-2015
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets and Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food and Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Glass, Paper and Board, Rigid Plastics, and others; container data for: Bottle, Carton and Bag-In-Box
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
Table of Contents
- Macroeconomic indicators -GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
- Value and volume analysis for Malaysia's Spirits market
- Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on Malaysia's Spirits market
- Degree of trade up/down in Malaysia's Spirits market
- Volume analysis by category
- Market value and growth rates, by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
- Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
- Average category level pricing
Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in Malaysia's Wine and Spirits market
- Leading distribution channels (volume terms) in Malaysia's Spirits market
- Leading distribution channels (volume terms) by category
- Market share of leading brands (in volume terms) by category
- Spirits market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Spirits market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Spirits market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector Overview
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
- About Canadean
List of Tables
- Table 1: Market value analysis in MYR and US$, 2010-2020
- Table 2: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
- Table 3: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to MYR
- Table 4: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
- Table 5: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
- Table 6: Average price per litrecomparison by categories
- Table 7: Leading retailers
- Table 8: Leading brands by category, 2015
List of Figures
- Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
- Figure 2: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
- Figure 3: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
- Figure 4: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
- Figure 5: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
- Figure 6: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
- Figure 7: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
- Figure 8: Leading distribution channels, overall Wine and Spirits, 2012-2015
- Figure 9: Leading distribution channels, overall Spirits market, 2015
- Figure 10: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
- Figure 11: Brand share analysis by category (by volume), 2015
- Figure 12: Packaging analysis -key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
- Figure 13:Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020