Product Code: CG0273MR
"Cigarettes in Taiwan, 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Taiwan market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Taiwan has a sizeable cigarette market in both absolute and per capita terms. The non-duty paid sector has recently been a concern for authorities. Taiwan's entry into the WTO in 2002 opened up the domestic market to foreign competition. The former state monopoly, Taiwan Tobacco and Wine Monopoly Ltd (TTWM), now known as the Taiwan Tobacco and Liquor Corporation (TTLC), faced stiff competition from imports.
- The market is dominated by multinational JTI, which leads from local company TTLC.
- Taiwan only produces flue cured tobacco and production has traditionally been geared to meeting the demands of the local market.
- The regulatory and fiscal push against smokers is expected to continue and have a detrimental impact on the cigarette market over the coming decade.
Reasons to buy:
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
- 5.1. Taxation
- 5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production and Trade
- 7.1. Production
- 7.2. Imports
- 7.3. Exports
8. Operating Constraints
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions
- 8.2. Health Warnings
- 8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
- 11.1. What is this Report About?
- 11.2. Time Frame
- 11.3. Product Category Coverage
- 11.4. Methodology
- 11.5. About GlobalData
- 11.6. Disclaimer
- 11.7. Contact Us
List of Tables
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption , 1990-2016
- Table 2: Duty Paid & Non-Duty Paid Sales, 2008-2015, Million Pieces
- Table 3: Per Capita Consumption of Cigarettes, 1990-2016
- Table 4: Market Breakdown, Domestic v Imported Products, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
- Table 5: Market Breakdown, Domestic v Imported Products, 2000-2015, % (Percentage Share)
- Table 6: Market Segmentation by Price Segment, 2009-2014, % (Percentage Share)
- Table 7: Manufacturer Sales Volumes, 2000-2016, Million Pieces
- Table 8: Manufacturer Sales Volumes, 2000-2016, % Volume
- Table 9: Brand Family Shares, 2004-2016, % Volume
- Table 10: Smoking Population, 1990-2016
- Table 11: Smoking Population by Age, 1996 & 1998, % (Percentage Share)
- Table 12: Incidence of Smoking by Age & Sex, 2006, % (Percentage Share)
- Table 13: Smoking by Age and Sex, 2015, % (Percentage Share)
- Table 14: Number of Cigarettes Smoked Per Day, 2004-2007, % (Percentage Share)
- Table 15: Characteristics of the Smoking Population, 2000-2003, % (Percentage Share)
- Table 16: Smoking Among Junior High School Students, 2004-2013, % (Percentage Share)
- Table 17: Smoking Among Senior & Vocational High School Students, 2005-2013, % (Percentage Share)
- Table 18: Cigarette Production, 1990-2015
- Table 19: Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2016
- Table 20: Imports by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, 2000-2016
- Table 21: Imports by Country of Origin, % Breakdown, 2000-2016
- Table 22: Cigarette Exports, 1990-2016
- Table 23: Exports by Country of Destination, Million Pieces, 2000-2016
- Table 24: Exports by Country of Destination, % of Total, 2000-2016
- Table 25: Company Profile: Taiwan Tobacco & Liquor Corporation (TTLC)
- Table 26: Company Profile: Imperial Tobacco Taiwan Co. Ltd
- Table 27: Consumption Forecast to 2026
List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology
- Figure 2: GlobalData at a glance