Product Code: BH215A
Global Ventilator Market to Reach $3,110 Million by the End of 2020 Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
Key Questions Answered:
- What are the various types of ventilators present in the global ventilator market based on their modality, mode of operation, patient type, and end user?
- What was the total ventilator installed base, by country, in 2019?
- What is the change witnessed in the growth rate of the global ventilator market from pre-COVID to post-COVID scenario?
- What are the key developmental strategies which are implemented by the key players to sustain in the competitive market?
- What are the strategies opted by the healthcare and non-healthcare companies amidst coronavirus pandemic to meet the high demand for ventilators?
- What are the opportunities and challenges faced by healthcare and non-healthcare companies within the global ventilator market?
- What was the market share of each of the companies in mechanical ventilator and non-invasive ventilator segments of the global ventilator market in 2019?
- What has been the pricing trend of ventilators in the last five years?
The global ventilator market is witnessing an exponential rise in the size of the market due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The overall market was estimated to be $1,072 million in 2018, and it was expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% in the pre-COVID scenario by the end of 2026. However, the COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in an extensive rise in the ventilator demand and has increased the growth rate by up to 176% in 2020. Presently, more than 45 companies are operating in this market, including already exiting healthcare companies and emerging healthcare companies.
The maximum number of installed ventilators are in the U.S., followed by China and India. However, there is still a requirement for an additional 85,000 ventilators in U.S. to cope with the COVID-19 pandemic. This demand and supply deficit of ventilators worldwide has led to major changes within the dynamics of the global ventilator market.
The exponential rise in respiratory infections due to the coronavirus pandemic has accelerated the demand for ventilators globally. Several healthcare companies, such as Koninklijke Philips N.V, Getinge AB, Smith Medical, Medtronic plc, Dragerwerk AG & Co. KGaA, GE Healthcare, and Zoll Medical Corporation have opted for various developmental strategies, including product launches, synergistic activities, product approvals and upgradations, funding and investments, and mergers and acquisitions in last four years to boost their market presence and growth. Also, these companies have managed to ramp up their production rate of ventilators to allow the availability of a large number of ventilators for critical patient care amidst the coronavirus pandemic.
Moreover, non-healthcare companies, such as Dyson Ltd, General Motors Company, Ford Motor Company, and Maruti Suzuki India Limited, have also committed to produce a large number of ventilators in a short period of time via collaborating with other healthcare companies and government organizations.
1 Product Definition
2 Market Overview
- 2.1 Overview of Ventilators
- 2.2 Global Installed Base of the Ventilators
- 2.3 Global Ventilator Market Scenario
3 Competitive Analysis
- 3.1 Market Share Analysis
- 3.1.1 Market Share Analysis for the Global Mechanical Ventilators Market
- 3.1.2 Market Share Analysis for the Global Non-Invasive Ventilators Market
- 3.2 Product Mapping Analysis
- 3.3 Key Strategies and Developments
- 3.3.1 Product Approvals and Launches
- 3.3.2 Synergistic Activities (Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Partnerships)
- 3.3.3 Funding
- 3.3.4 Product Upgradation and Corrective Actions
- 3.3.5 Acquisitions
- 3.4 Types of Company Entering the Market
- 3.4.1 Healthcare Companies
- 3.4.2 Non-Healthcare Companies
- 3.5 Opportunities and Challenges for Companies
- 3.5.1 Healthcare Companies
- 3.5.2 Non-Healthcare Companies
- 3.6 Pricing Analysis
List of Tables
- Table 3.1: Features and Price Range of Key Products offered by Companies in the Global Ventilator Market
- Table 3.2: Heat Map Analysis of Ventilators, (by Modality)
- Table 3.3: Heat Map Analysis of Ventilators, (by Mode)
- Table 3.4: Key Products Offered by the Healthcare Companies within the Global Ventilator Market
- Table 3.5: Companies and their Committed Capacities of Ventilators in the Corona Virus Pandemic
List of Figures
- Figure 1: Percentage of COVID-19 Infected Population Requiring Ventilator
- Figure 2: Surge in the Demand for Ventilators During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Figure 3: Increasing Demand for Ventilators in the COVID-19 Scenario
- Figure 4: Global Ventilator Market, $ Million, 2018-2020
- Figure 5: Major Companies Ramping-Up Ventilator Production
- Figure 2.1: Coronavirus (Spread, Symptoms, Susceptibility, Preventive Measures)
- Figure 2.2: Installed Base of Ventilators, 2019
- Figure 2.3: Global Availability of Ventilators Per Million Population, 2019
- Figure 2.4: Market Landscape of Global Ventilator Market
- Figure 3.1: Global Ventilators Market Share Analysis, (Mechanical), 2019
- Figure 3.2: Global Ventilators Market Share Analysis, (Non-Invasive), 2019
- Figure 3.3: Companies with Highest Share of Ventilators Compatible for all Age-Group Usage (Top Three Companies)
- Figure 3.4: Companies with Highest Share of Homecare Ventilators (Top Three Companies)
- Figure 3.5: Companies Offering Highest Number of Portable Ventilators (Top Three Companies)
- Figure 3.6: Global Ventilator Market, (by Key Development and Strategy), January 2016-March 2020
- Figure 3.7: Global Ventilator Market, (Product Approvals and Launches), January 2016-March 2020
- Figure 3.8: Global Ventilator Market, (Synergistic Activities: Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Partnerships), January 2016-March 2020
- Figure 3.9: Global Ventilator Market, (Funding), January 2016-March 2020
- Figure 3.10: Global Ventilator Market, (Product Upgradation and Corrective Actions), January 2016-March 2020
- Figure 3.11: Global Ventilator Market, (Acquisition), January 2016-March 2020
- Figure 3.12: Major Companies Ramping-Up the Ventilator Production
- Figure 3.13: Major Challenges in Ramping-Up Production and Possible Solutions
- Figure 3.14: Opportunities and Challenges for the Healthcare Companies
- Figure 3.15: Opportunities and Challenges for the Non-Healthcare Companies
- Figure 3.16: Price Range of Products Offered by Key Players in the Global Ventilator Market
- Figure 3.17: Global Ventilator Pricing Trend ($), 2015-2019