Product Code: BH140A
Population Genomics-National Initiatives and Implementation, Reports BIS Research
Population genomics initiatives launched in several nations have significantly transformed the entire healthcare industry. With the advancements in technology and the allocation of government funding for the implementation of these programs has profoundly reshaped the current clinical practice. The decreasing cost of genome sequencing and the development of advanced of bioinformatics tools for the analysis of genomic data has facilitated the development of personalized treatment modules. The increased focus of the government for the implementation of population-based sequencing programs has fostered the rapid growth of precision medicine in the medical industry.
The aim of the population genomic initiatives implemented across the globe is to develop the biobank of genomic datasets facilitating the understanding of interaction between the gene and the phenotypic expression. Population genomics initiatives such as All of Us and UK 100K Genomes Project have been initiated to enhance the adoption of genomic medicine and consequentially increasing the awareness among patients and healthcare providers.
This strategic report provides a multidimensional view of the strategic evolution of the ongoing population genomic initiatives. The purpose of the study is to gain a holistic view of the active population-based sequencing projects implemented in several countries. The report contains the analysis of various such as recent trends, technological advancements, reimbursement scenario, and national level initiatives across the globe influencing the adoption of population genomics. The scope of this report is centered upon conducting a detailed study of the strategies, best R&D practices across the globe, and understanding the focus of eminent stakeholders contributing in augmenting the growth of population genomics initiative.
This research report aims at answering various aspects of the population genomics initiatives with the help of the key strategies adopted by different nations for the successful implementation of the program. The report also covers the current status and future perspective of the national population-based sequencing programs that are going to shape the future trajectory of the market expansion. The report includes an in-depth examination of the key players and recent developments taking place in this market.
The research study highlights the key initiatives implemented by several nations across the globe for the whole genome sequencing of its populations. Moreover, the study includes detailed analysis of key trends in multiple geographical regions, industrial partnerships in each region, key strategies and adopted by various nations and future perspectives of the initiatives.
The answers to the following key questions can be derived from this report:
- How does the emergence of population-based sequencing initiatives is transforming the current clinical practice?
- Which are the ongoing initiatives that have been implemented by different regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East to promote the acceptance of genomic medicine?
- What is the role of key stakeholders in aligning the fortune of population genomics?
- What are the innovative strategies adopted across the world for implementation of population genomics?
- What is the plausible market penetration strategy for the precision medicine market?
- What are the current value assessment and the future perspective of population genomics initiatives?
- What is the scope of industrial participation in the ongoing population genomic initiatives?
Table of Contents
- Figure 1: Journey of a Population Genomics Initiative:
- Figure 2: Active Population Genomics Initiatives:
- Figure 3: Incorporation of Genomics into Healthcare:
1 Population Genomics: National Strategy and Implementation
- Figure 1.1: Population Genomics Initiative Workflow.
- 1.1 Public Health and Genomics
- Figure 1.2: Objectives of Public Health Genomics
- Table 1.1: Challenges in Public Health Genomics
- 1.2 Evolution of Population Genomics
- Figure 1.3: Evolution of Population Genomics
2 Regional Strategy for Implementation of Population Genomics Projects
- 2.1 North America
- 2.1.1 U.S.
- Table 2.1: Population Genomic Initiatives in U.S.
- Table 2.2: Funding Allocated to Different Agencies
- 2.1.2 Canada
- Table 2.3: Population Genomic Initiatives in Canada
- Table 2.4: National and International Initiatives in Canada
- Table 2.5: Ongoing Population Genomics Program
- 18.104.22.168 Population Genomics Program
- 2.2 Europe
- Table 2.6: European Initiatives for Implementation of Population Genomics
- 2.2.1 The U.K.
- Table 2.7: Population Genomic Initiatives in U.K.
- 22.214.171.124 Industrial Partnership Directing the Course of Genomic Medicine
- Table 2.8: Key Investments Driving Genomic Medicine in the U.K.
- Table 2.9: Genomic Medicine Centers in the U.K.
- 2.2.2 Estonia
- Table 2.10: Population Genomic Initiatives in Estonia
- 2.2.3 Germany
- Table 2.11: Population Genomic Initiatives in Germany
- 2.2.4 France
- Table 2.12: Population Genomic Initiatives in China
- Table 2.13: French Genomic Platform
- 2.2.5 Ireland
- Table 2.14: Population Genomic Initiatives in Ireland
- 2.2.6 The Netherlands
- Table: 2.15 Population Genomic Initiatives in the Netherlands
- 2.2.7 Denmark
- Table 2.16: Population Genomic Initiatives in Denmark
- 2.3 Asia Pacific
- 2.3.1 Japan
- Table 2.17: Population Genomic Initiatives in Japan
- 2.3.2 China
- Table 2.18: Population Genomic Initiatives in China
- 2.3.3 Australia
- Table 2.19: Population Genomic Initiatives in Australia
- 2.4 Middle East
- 2.4.1 Saudi Arabia
- Table 2.20: Population Genomic Initiatives in Saudi Arabia
- 2.4.2 Qatar
- Table 2.21: Population Genomic Initiatives in Qatar
- 2.4.3 Turkey
- Table 2.22: Population Genomic Initiatives in Turkey
- 2.4.4 Dubai
- Table 2.23: Population Genomic Initiatives in Dubai
3 Innovative Strategies Adopted Across the World for Implementation of Population Genomics
- Figure 3.1: Member of the GENE Consortium
- 3.1 Collaborative Implementation
- 3.2 Implementation of Cross-Border Genome Data Bank
- 3.3 Focused Implementation Program
- 3.4 Involvement of the Private Sector
4 Impact on Healthcare Industry
- Figure 4.1: Impact of Population Genomics on Healthcare Industry
5 Population Genomics: Current State and Perspectives
- Figure 5.1: Current Status of Population Genomics
- Figure 5.2: Future Perspective of Population Genomics
- 5.1 Growing Public-Partnerships
- 5.2 Decrease in Sequencing Cost
- Figure 5.3: Fall in Genome Sequencing Cost
- 5.3 Government Initiatives for Development of Framework and Reimbursement Policy
- 5.4 Involvement of the Private Sector
- 5.5 Increased Population Engagement and Data Management
6 Industrial Perspective for Population Genomics
- Figure 6.1: Participation of Industry in Population Genomics