Product Code: BIO202A
The global market for DNA data storage should grow from $36.4 million in 2020 to $525.3 million by 2025 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 70.6% for the period of 2020-2025.
North American DNA data storage market should grow from $29.1 million in 2020 to $340.1 million by 2025 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 63.5% for the period of 2020-2025.
European DNA data storage market should grow from $4.4 million in 2020 to $95.7 million by 2025 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 85.1% for the period of 2020-2025.
The scope of the report includes DNA data storage technologies, applications, industries, initiatives, patents and companies. The markets for DNA data storage products and services are given for the years 2019, 2020 and 2025 (forecast).
This report reviews the DNA data storage technologies, including DNA read and write technologies. It then discusses significant large-scale research initiatives that impact DNA storage, read and write applications. The main market driving forces for DNA data storage products and services are discussed.
The report quantifies each of the main market segments for DNA data storage according to the following segments: by type (commercial, research & prototyping); by deployment (cloud, on-premise); by application (archival, quality control, research & prototyping); by end user (banking, financial services & insurance; government & defense; healthcare & pharma; media & entertainment; and other); by sequencing platform (next-generation sequencing, nanopore sequencing); by synthesis platform (chemical-column based; chemical-microchip based; enzymatic); and by geography (Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America and Rest of the World).
The report also include profiles of the key companies in the DNA data storage industry. In addition, BCC Research provides a summary of the main industry acquisitions and strategic alliances from January 2019 through December 2020, including key alliance trends.
- 40 tables
- An overview of the global markets and technologies for DNA data storage
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2019, estimates for 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Description of DNA data storage technologies; DNA sequencing (read) and synthesis (write) technologies; industry structure; large-scale DNA read, write and storage initiatives and population-scale sequencing projects
- Details about components, deployment technologies and applications of DNA data storage
- Identification of market drivers, restraints and other forces impacting the global market and evaluation of current market size, and market forecast of the DNA data storage markets
- A look at the key industry acquisitions, strategic alliances and market share analysis of the leading suppliers of the industry
- Comprehensive profiles of major players in the industry, including Agilent Technologies Inc., Sigma Aldrich Corp., Generay Biotech Co. Ltd., Omega Bio-Tek Inc., Illumina Inc. and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing the Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographical Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Overview
- DNA Data Storage Technologies and Markets Covered in this Report
- Large-scale Initiatives and Consortia
- Driving Forces in the DNA Data Storage Market
- Global Markets for DNA Data Storage
Chapter 4 DNA Data Storage Technologies
- DNA as a Storage Medium
- DNA Storage Workflow
- DNA Sequencing and Synthesis Technologies
- Sequencing Technologies
- Sanger Sequencing
- Next Generation Sequencing
- DNA Synthesis Technologies
- PCR-Based Approaches
- Solid-Phase-Based Approaches
- Enzymatic Synthesis Technologies
- Microfluidic Technologies
Chapter 5 DNA Storage and Read/Write Initiatives
- American Gut Consortium
- Cancer Moon Shots Program
- China Precision Medicine Initiative
- DNA Data Storage Alliance
- France Genomic Medicine Plan
- Medical Genome Initiative
- Molecular Informatics Program
- Molecular Information Storage Program (MIST)
- Million Veteran Program
- National Microbiome Initiative
- Precision Medicine Initiative
- Population Sequencing Programs
Chapter 6 DNA Data Storage Industries
- DNA Data Storage Industry
- DNA Sequencing (Read) Instruments Industry
- Long Read Sequencing Industry
- DNA Write (Synthesis) Industry
Chapter 7 Industry Acquisitions and Strategic Alliances
Chapter 8 DNA Data Storage Markets
- Drivers of Industry Growth
- DNA Data Storage Markets
Chapter 9 Patents
- DNA Storage Patent Selected Examples
- Company Comparisons
- DNA Synthesis: Twist Bioscience and DNA Script
- DNA Data Storage: Catalog Technologies and Iridia
Chapter 10 Company Profiles
- 10X GENOMICS INC.
- AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- AMBRY GENETICS
- ANSA BIOTECHNOLOGIES INC.
- BASE4 INNOVATION LTD.
- BERRY GENOMICS CO. LTD.
- BGI SHENZHEN
- BIO BASIC INC.
- BIONEER CORP.
- BIO S&T INC.
- BLUE HERON BIOTECH LLC
- BROOKS LIFE SCIENCES
- CAMENA BIOSCIENCE INC.
- CATALOG TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- CEGAT GMBH
- CERGENTIS B.V.
- CODEX DNA INC.
- DANAHER CORP.
- DIRECTED GENOMICS LLC
- DIRECT GENOMICS CO. LTD.
- DNA SCRIPT
- DOVETAIL GENOMICS LLC
- ELECTRONIC BIOSCIENCES
- EPOCH LIFE SCIENCE INC.
- EUROFINS SCIENTIFIC
- EUROGENTEC SA
- GENAPSYS INC.
- GENEMED SYNTHESIS INC.
- GENERAY BIOTECH CO. LTD.
- GENETICS RESEARCH LLC
- GENOMATIX SOFTWARE GMBH
- GRANDOMICS BIOSCIENCES CO. LTD.
- HELIXWORKS TECHNOLOGIES LTD.
- ILLUMINA INC.
- INTEGRATED DNA TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- IRIDIA INC.
- KERN SYSTEMS
- KILOBASER GMBH
- LGC GROUP
- LOOP GENOMICS
- MACROGEN INC.
- MERCK KGAA
- MICROSOFT CORP.
- MOLECULAR ASSEMBLIES INC.
- NEW ENGLAND BIOLABS
- NUCLERA NUCLEICS LTD.
- OMEGA BIO-TEK INC.
- OXFORD NANOPORE TECHNOLOGIES LTD.
- PACIFIC BIOSCIENCES OF CALIFORNIA, INC.
- QUANTAPORE INC.
- QUANTUM BIOSYSTEMS INC.
- REAL TIME GENOMICS INC.
- ROSWELL BIOTECHNOLOGIES INC.
- SEAGATE TECHNOLOGY
- SHINEGENE MOLECULAR BIO-TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- SIGMA ALDRICH CORP.
- STRATOS GENOMICS INC.
- SYNBIO TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
- TWIST BIOSCIENCE
- WESTERN DIGITAL CORP.
List of Tables
- Summary Table : Global Market for DNA Data Storage, by End Use Industry, Through 2025
- Table 1 : DNA Data Storage Report Scope
- Table 2 : Impact of Large-Scale Initiatives in DNA Read, Write and Storage Industries
- Table 3 : Driving Forces in the DNA Data Storage Industry Growth
- Table 4 : Global Market for DNA Data Storage, by DNA Synthesis Technology, Through 2025
- Table 5 : DNA vs. Electronic Data Storage
- Table 6 : Summary for DNA as a Data Storage Medium
- Table 7 : DNA Sequencing and Synthesis Technology Overview
- Table 8 : Sequencing Technology Development, 1990-2025
- Table 9 : Cost to Sequence a Single Human Genome, 2001 to 2021
- Table 10 : Sequencing Technology Summary
- Table 11 : Sanger Sequencing Summary
- Table 12 : Sanger Sequencing Improvements
- Table 13 : Advanced Sequencing Technologies
- Table 14 : Roche NGS Workflow
- Table 15 : Illumina NGS Workflow
- Table 16 : Thermo Fisher NGS Workflow
- Table 17 : Comparisons of Gene-synthesis Technologies
- Table 18 : Importance of Microfluidics Technologies in Read and Write Applications
- Table 19 : DNA Storage and Read/Write R&D Programs
- Table 20 : Population Sequencing Projects
- Table 21 : DNA Data Storage Industry Ecosystem
- Table 22 : DNA Data Storage Industry: Leading Companies and Institutions
- Table 23 : Advanced Sequencing Industry Company Positioning
- Table 24 : End-to-End Sequencing Approaches
- Table 25 : Long-Read Sequencing Industry
- Table 26 : Nucleic Acid Synthesis Key Competitor Strategies
- Table 27 : DNA Data Storage Industry Strategic Alliances, January 2019 to December 2020
- Table 28 : DNA Data Storage Industry Acquisitions, January 2019 to December 2020
- Table 29 : DNA Data Storage Industry Growth Driving Forces
- Table 30 : Global Market for DNA Data Storage, by Type, Through 2025
- Table 31 : Global Market for DNA Data Storage, by Deployment, Through 2025
- Table 32 : Global Market for DNA Data Storage, by Application, Through 2025
- Table 33 : Global Market for DNA Data Storage, by End-User Industry, Through 2025
- Table 34 : Global Market for DNA Data Storage, by DNA Sequencing Technology, Through 2025
- Table 35 : Global Market for DNA Data Storage, by DNA Synthesis Technology, Through 2025
- Table 36 : Global Market for DNA Data Storage, by Region, Through 2025
- Table 37 : Examples of Recent DNA Data Storage Patent Technologies
- Table 38 : Patent Status for DNA Script and Twist Bioscience
- Table 39 : Patent Status for Catalog Technologies and Iridia
List of Figures
- Summary Figure : Global Market for DNA Data Storage, by End Use Industry, 2019-2025
- Figure 1 : Schematic of Conventional DNA-Synthesis Technologies
- Figure 2 : Microarrays in DNA Synthesis