Product Code: MDS008A
The global DTC genetic testing market should grow from $1.2 billion in 2020 to $2.7 billion by 2025 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.7% for the period of 2020-2025.
Ancestry DTC genetic testing market should grow from $580.5 million in 2020 to $1.4 billion by 2025 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.6% for the period of 2020-2025.
Health and lifestyle DTC genetic testing market should grow from $604.1 million in 2020 to $1.3 billion by 2025 with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 16.8% for the period of 2020-2025.
The scope of the report includes DTC genetic testing technologies, applications, industry subsegments, major strategic alliances, patents and companies. The market sizes for next generation cancer diagnostics are given for 2019, 2020 (estimated) and 2025 (forecasted).
This report reviews the main DTC genetic testing technologies, including next-generation sequencing (NGS), polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and genotyping microarrays.
The report then discusses several of the significant large-scale population sequencing initiatives that are contributing to DTC genetic testing development. Key forces driving the market are enumerated.
The structures of several important industry subsectors are reviewed, as well as major industry acquisitions and strategic alliances from January 2019 through September 2020. Industry subsectors analyzed include ancestry, clinical health, recreational health, sequencing data-based blockchain, sequencing instrument, long-read sequencing, sequencing informatics and PCR.
The market for DTC genetic testing is analyzed in depth. The market is analyzed by test purpose (ancestry, health, lifestyle); by technology platform (PCR, genotyping arrays, sequencing); by delivery format (test kits, virtual tests); and by geography (North America, Europe, Asia/Pacific, RoW).
The ancestry market segment is analyzed by technology and by ethnicity (African, Asian, European, Latino, other). The health market segment is analyzed by technology and by disease category (cancer, cardiovascular, complex common, pharmacogenomics, rare diseases and other). The lifestyle market segment is analyzed by technology and by application (genetic relatedness, nutrigenomics, personal traits, weight management/fitness, other)
Market data covers 2019, 2020 (estimated) and 2025 (forecasted).
More than 55 companies in the DTC genetic testing industry are profiled in this report.
BCC Research provides a summary of the main industry acquisitions and strategic alliances from January 2019 through September 2020, including key alliance trends.
- 12 data tables and 39 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets and technologies for direct to consumer (DTC) genetic testing
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2019, estimates for 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Information on key genomic regions associated with genetic testing and description of instruments and technologies used for DTC genetic testing
- Coverage of DNA sequencing; microarray; and software industries and description of the key initiatives in the genetic testing industry
- Detailed analysis of the current market trends, market forecast and discussion of technological, regulatory and competitive elements as well as economic trends affecting the future marketplace for direct to consumer (DTC) genetic testing and impact analysis of COVID-19 on the market
- Evaluation of key industry acquisitions and strategic alliances and market share analysis of the leading suppliers of the industry
- Profiles of the key companies in the DTC testing industry, including Chendu 23Mofang Biotechnology Co. Ltd (23Mofand), Genetic Technologies Ltd, Illumina Inc., Myriad Genetics Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., and Quest Diagnostics Inc.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights Overview
Chapter 3 Overview
- Large-Scale Initiatives and Consortia
- Market Size
- Key Trends
Chapter 4 DTC Genetic Technologies
- Introduction to Nucleic Acid Technologies
- Genetic Variation and Analysis
- DTC Testing Platforms
- Microarray Technologies
- Next-generation Sequencing Technology
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Technology
- Genome-wide Association Studies
- Population-sequencing Projects
- Polygenic Risk Scoring
- Rare Diseases
- Genomic Data in the Biopharma Context
Chapter 5 DTC Genetic Testing Industry
- DTC Ancestry Genetic Testing Industry
- Health-Focused DTC Genetic Testing Industry: Two Market Models
- DTC Clinical Health Genetic Testing Industry
- DTC Recreational Health Genetic Testing Industry
- Sequencing Data-based Blockchain Industry
- Sequencing Instruments Industry
- Long-Read Sequencing Industry
- Sequencing Informatics Industry
- PCR Industry
Chapter 6 Industry Acquisitions and Strategic Alliances
- Acquisitions and Strategic Alliances
Chapter 7 DTC Genetic Testing Markets
- DTC Market Driving Forces
- Consumer Marketing Efforts
- Rare Disease Initiatives
- Increasing Focus on Healthcare Applications
- Emerging Applications
- Technical Advances in Testing Platforms
- DTC Genetic Testing Market
- DTC Genetic Testing Ancestry Market
- Health DTC Genetic Testing Market
- Lifestyle DTC Genetic Testing Market
- DTC Genetic Testing Market by Geography
Chapter 8 Patents
- Patent Focus
- SNP-related DTC Patents
- 23andMe Patent Analysis
Chapter 9 Company Profiles
- AFRICAN ANCESTRY
- AMBRY GENETICS
- ANCESTRY.COM INC.
- ANGLIA DNA SERVICES
- BERRY GENOMICS CO. LTD.
- BGI SHENZHEN
- CENTRILLION GENOMICS TECHNOLOGIES
- CHENGDU 23MOFANG BIOTECHNOLOGY CO. LTD
- COLOR GENOMICS INC.
- DANTE LABS
- DNA DIAGNOSTICS CENTER INC.
- DNA NUDGE, LTD
- EASY DNA
- EONE-DIAGNOMICS GENOME CENTER
- FULGENT GENETICS INC.
- FULL GENOMES CORP. INC.
- GENE BY GENE LTD.
- GENESIS HEALTHCARE CO.
- GENETIC TECHNOLOGIES LTD.
- GREY GENETICS LLC.
- HELIX OPCO LLC
- ILLUMINA INC.
- INSITOME INC.
- INVITAE INC.
- IXLAYER INC.
- KARAMAGENES SA
- LABOGENOMICS CO. LTD.
- LABORATORY CORP. OF AMERICA INC.
- LINEAGEN INC.
- LIVING DNA
- LUNA DNA
- MACROGEN INC.
- MEDGENOME INC.
- MEDIGOO OY INC.
- MY HERITAGE
- MYRIAD GENETICS INC.
- NEBULA GENOMICS
- OXFORD NANOPORE TECHNOLOGIES LTD.
- PATHWAY GENOMICS CORP.
- PHOSPHORUS INC.
- PRENETICS GROUP
- PWN HEALTH LLC
- QUANTGENE INC.
- QUEST DIAGNOSTICS INC.
- SANO GENETICS
- STRATIFY GENOMICS
- THERAGEN ETEX INC.
- THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC.
- VERITAS GENETICS
- XCODE LIFE
List of Tables
- Summary Table : Global DTC Genetic Testing Market, by Application, Through 2025
- Table 1 : DTC Genetic Testing Report Scope
- Table 2 : Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) Synonyms
- Table 3 : Global DTC Genetic Testing Market, by Technology Platform, Through 2025
- Table 4 : Key Trends in DTC Genetic Testing Market
- Table 5 : DTC Genetic Testing Industry Technology SubSectors
- Table 6 : Chemical Building Blocks of DNA
- Table 7 : DNA Translation and Transcription
- Table 8 : Long-range DNA Structure
- Table 9 : Genetic Variant Types
- Table 10 : DTC DNA Analysis Platforms
- Table 11 : Genotyping Array Technology
- Table 12 : Genotyping Array Compared with DNA Sequencing
- Table 13 : Advanced Sequencing Technologies
- Table 14 : Illumina NGS Workflow
- Table 15 : Thermo Fisher NGS Workflow
- Table 16 : Main Ingredients for PCR
- Table 17 : PCR Process
- Table 18 : Advantages of Droplet Digital PCR for Single-Cell Analysis
- Table 19 : Population-sequencing Projects
- Table 20 : Rare Disease Prevalence Definition in the US, Europe and Japan
- Table 21 : Pathways for Accelerated Approval of Rare Disease Therapies
- Table 22 : Value of Genomic Databases in the Biopharma Industry
- Table 23 : Projected Cohort Size of Genomic Databases in 2025, by Analysis Method and Region
- Table 24 : Factors that Enhance the Value of a Genomic Database
- Table 25 : Market Value of Large Genomic Databases
- Table 26 : Ancestry Genetic Testing Industry
- Table 27 : Clinical Grade Health DTC Genetic Testing Companies
- Table 28 : Recreational Health Genetic Testing Industry
- Table 29 : Sequencing-based Blockchain Industry
- Table 30 : Advanced Sequencing Industry Company Positioning
- Table 31 : End-to-End Sequencing Approaches
- Table 32 : Key Players in Long-Read Sequencing Industry
- Table 33 : Sequencing Informatics Industry
- Table 34 : Key PCR Companies
- Table 35 : DTC Genetic Testing Acquisitions and Strategic Alliances, January 2019 through September 2020
- Table 36 : Driving Forces for DTC Market Growth
- Table 37 : Global DTC Testing Market, by Application, Through 2025
- Table 38 : Global DTC Testing Market, by Technology, Through 2025
- Table 39 : Global DTC Testing Market, by Delivery Format, Through 2025
- Table 40 : Global Ancestry DTC Genetic Testing Market, by Technology, Through 2025
- Table 41 : Global Ancestry DTC Genetic Testing Market, by Ethnicity, Through 2025
- Table 42 : Global Health DTC Genetic Testing Market, by Disease Category, Through 2025
- Table 43 : Global Health DTC Genetic Testing Market, by Technology, Through 2025
- Table 44 : Global Lifestyle DTC Genetic Testing Market, by Application, Through 2025
- Table 45 : Global Lifestyle DTC Genetic Testing Market, by Technology, Through 2025
- Table 46 : Global DTC Testing Market, by Region, Through 2025
- Table 47 : DTC Genetic Testing Intellectual Property Focus
- Table 48 : Patent Activity for Human SNP Biomarkers, by Country/Region January 2010-August 2020
- Table 49 : SNP-related DTC Patent Technologies
- Table 50 : 23andMe Patent Families
List of Figures
- Summary Figure : Global DTC Genetic Testing Market, by Application, 2019-2025
- Figure 1 : Central Dogma of Molecular Biology