Product Code: BIO199A
This report will review the current commercial and regulatory landscape for the stem cell therapies, and assesses the challenges and opportunities for developing autologous and allogenic “off the shelf” solutions to treat a broad range of diseases and injuries.
- An overview of recent advances in stem cell therapies and coverage of potential stem cells used for regenerative advanced therapies
- Discussion on role of genomic and epigenomics manipulations in generating safe and effective treatment options
- Identification of autologous and allogeneic cells and their usage in creating advanced therapy medical products (ATMPs)
- Information on 3D cell culture and discussion on advances in gene editing and gene programming techniques such as CRIPSR/Cas9, TALEN, and ZINC fingers
- Insights into commercial and regulatory landscape, and evaluation of challenges and opportunities for developing autologous and allogenic "off the shelf" solutions
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Sources and Characteristics of Stem Cells
Chapter 2: New Technologies Driving Stem Cell Development
- Advances in Cell Culture
- Advances in Isolation Technologies
- Advances in Genome Manipulation
Chapter 3: Safety, Efficacy and Logistical Challenges
- Toxicity-Related Treatment Issues
- Logistical Challenges
Chapter 4: Off-the-Shelf Solutions
- Expanding the Course of Stem Cells
- More Precise Genomic Manipulation of Cells
- Reduction in Cell-to-Cell Variation
- Improved Shelf Life
Chapter 5: Companies and Technologies to Watch
- Athersys Inc.
- BrainStorm Cell Therapeutics Inc.
- Caladrius Biosciences
- Cellular Biomedicine Group Inc.
- Fate Therapeutics Inc.
- Gamida Cell Ltd.
- International Stem Cell Corporation
- Orgenesis Inc.
- Pluristem Therapeutics Inc.
- Sangamo Therapeutics Inc.
- TheraCell Inc.
- ThermoGenesis Holdings
- Vericel Corporation
- VistaGen Therapeutics Inc.
- Zelluna Immunotherapy Inc.
- Analyst's Credentials
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 6: References
List of Tables
- Table 1: Stem Cell Sources
- Table 2: Comparison of Stem Cells
- Table 3: Stem Cell Types Versus Cell Properties
- Table 4: Recent Advances in Genome Modulation Technologies
- Table 5: FDA-Approved Cell-Based Therapies
- Table 6: Acute and Delayed Adverse Events Associated with Proven and Unproven Stem Cell-Based Interventions
- Table 7: Companies Leading the Field in Cell-Based Therapies
List of Figures
- Figure 1: Stem Cell Sources
- Figure 2: Two-Dimensional Versus Three-Dimensional Cell Culture
- Figure 3: Schematic of Approaches Used for Three-Dimensional Stem Cell Culture
- Figure 4: Patient Management Strategies to Decrease Side Effects Related with CAR-T Cell Therapy