Product Code: STP002A
This report provides an overview of disruptive inventions, explains what qualifies as a disruptive invention, and describes a few technologies that might disrupt certain fields going forward.. The report also looks at some great disruptive inventions over the years and the factors that have worked to propel them forward.
- An overview of disruptive inventions, and description of technologies that might disrupt certain fields in the near future
- Coverage of some great disruptive inventions till date and their propelling factors
- Information on popular marketing sentiments such as unicorns, and a look at the geographical strengths that favor innovation in specific sectors
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Beginners Guide to Disruption: Aligning Inventions with Markets
- Has Anyone Heard of Disruptive Innovation?
- Has Anyone Really Thought About What a Really Disruptive Innovation Is?
- Sectoral Examples of Disruption
- Can Looking at IP Align Future Disruptive Innovation and Markets?
- Does Being a Unicorn Mean that You are a Disruptive Innovation Organization?
- Information Sources
- Analyst's Credentials
- Related BCC Research Reports
List of Figures
- Figure 1: Clayton Christenson and The Innovator's Dilemma
- Figure 2: A Visual History of IM and Online Tools
- Figure 3: Milestones in the History of IM and Online Tools
- Figure 4: The Story of Airbnb
- Figure 5: Growth of Patent Applications Worldwide
- Figure 6: Growth of Patent Grants Worldwide
- Figure 7: Patent Applications, by Income Group
- Figure 8: Patent Grants, by Income Group
- Figure 9: Drivers for Geographical Innovation
- Figure 10: 2019 Unicorn Start-ups
- Figure 11: Inflation adjusted trends in R&D Efficiency