Product Code: FIN003A
With the modernization and advances in technology, there has been the birth of an entirely new kind of currency i.e. the “data.” Just like any other high-value commodity, data has gained popularity in leaps and bounds in the last decade. This report provides a brief description on customer data monetization and personal data marketplaces.
- An overview of customer data monetization
- Information on biological and healthcare data
- Explanation of why there is a need to establish balance between customer independence and business advantages
- Coverage of government regulation and guidelines that impact data protection and privacy for all individual citizens
- Review of recent developments and case studies related to data security
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Scope and Summary
- Data in Today's World?
- Value of Data
- Types of Customer Data and Their Potential
- Concerns About Data Privacy
- Data Privacy Regulations
- Data Ownership Dilemma
- Data Monetization: A New Market
- New Line of Businesses: Consumer Compensation Model
- Personal Data Marketplaces and Blockchain Technology
- How are Consumers Paid for Data?
- Monetization of Customer Data: What is the Market Worth?
- Information Sources
- Analyst Credentials
- Related BCC Research Reports
List of Tables
- Table 1: Laws Applied to Data Ownership
- Table 2: Facebook Facts as of October 2018
- Table 3: Personal Data Marketplaces and Compensation Methods
List of Figures
- Figure 1: Types of Data and Primary Data Collectors
- Figure 2: A Typical Data Marketplace
- Figure 3: Typical Customer-Buyer Data Transaction