Product Code: CHM095B
The global market for amorphous polyalphaolefins reached $345.0 million in 2018 and should reach $506.5 million by 2024, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.9% for the period of 2018-2024.
Homopolymers market reached $179.8 million in 2018 and should reach $268.5 million by 2024 at a CAGR of 7.2% through 2024.
Copolymers market reached $151.6 million in 2018 and should reach $219.2 million by 2024 at a CAGR of 6.7% through 2024.
The rise in the pandemic-coronavirus-has currently halted the progress and impacting the economies across the world. With the measures taken by the various governments across the world to Lockdown their respective countries, especially the effected cities to contain the spread of the virus. It is estimated that the governments are taking necessary precautions to contain the economic slowdown. So, the report does not consider the impact, as it was not yet controlled and can be defined.
The global APAO market has significant scope due to APAO's wide range of applications and versatility in varied domains such as the automotive, packaging and personal care sectors, among others. This report has been segmented by type, end users, application and geography. The major geographies covered in the report include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and the Rest of the World (RoW). Furthermore, a country-specific breakdown of the APAO market is also included in the report. Countries were included mainly based on total revenue generated. The major countries included in the report are the U.S., Canada, Germany, the U.K., Spain, Italy, France, China, Japan, Korea and India. Sales data for the global and regional markets was corroborated for the present, and forecast values were determined by statistical analysis.
Moreover, the contributions from global giants such as BASF SE, Eastman Chemical Co., Dow Chemical, DuPont, Evonik Industries AG and Huntsman Corp. to the APAO market will create significant scope in the market. Various strategies such as product launches, research and development (R&D), partnerships, collaborations, mergers and acquisitions, and the emergence of new players will keep the APAO market dynamic. New technology and hygienic applications with higher strength, versatility and flexibility will boost demand of APAO-based adhesives in automobile, building and construction, packaging and bookbinding.
Estimated values used are based on market players' total revenues; forecast revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars that have not been adjusted for inflation. Annual reports and forward-looking statements of APAO market players, annual sales of market players and the average cost of APAO were considered in the estimates for the market. Many APAO market players as well as manufacturers are profiled in the report for a better understanding of the market.
The report on the APAO market provides a market overview, assesses application markets, provides an end-user analysis and evaluates the APAO market by type, application, end user and geography. The major company profiles include a detailed introduction, product portfolios and recent developments. The report also includes regulatory aspects, current and developing technologies, market projections and market share.
- 38 data tables and 16 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for amorphous polyalphaolefin (APAO) - an olefin-based thermoplastic polymer -- technologies within the polymer industry
- Analyses of the regional and country level market trends, with market sizing data from 2018 and 2019, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) for a five-year forecast period through 2024
- Discussion of leading factors driving the APAO market growth, current and emerging trends, technology developments, and regulatory aspects that shape and influence the commercial marketplace
- Revenue forecast of the global APAO market and breakdown by type of polymers, end-user, application industry, geographical (regional) analysis in dollar value terms
- Market share analysis of the leading global APAO tech giants; their key competitive landscape, product portfolios, recent developments, and revenue sales etc.
- An exhaustive patent analysis with data corresponding to patent applications and grants to numerous stakeholders for related technologies and processes
- Company profiles of the leading market players including 3M, Ashland, Chevron Philips Chemical, The Dow Chemical Co., Huntsman Corp., and REXtac LLC
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Scope of Report
- Information Sources
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst's Credentials
- BCC Custom Research
- Related BCC Research Reports
Chapter 2: Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3: Market and Technology Background
- APAO Technology Overview
- Raw Material Analysis
- Molecular Structure and Properties of APAO
- Applications of Polypropylene Homopolymers
- Applications of Copolymers
- Applications of Ethylene Propylene Rubber
- Applications of Terpolymer Ethylene, Propylene and 1-Butene
- Market Drivers
- Tremendous Demand from the Construction and Automotive Industries
- Growing Demand for Lightweight and Low-Emission Automobiles
- Rising Demand in Packaging Industries
- Rising Demand for Personal-Hygiene Products
- Regular Fluctuations in the Raw Material Supply
- Health-Related Problems with Hot-Melt Wax
- Increasing Demand for Disposable Hygiene
- Growing Popularity of Hot-Melt Adhesives
- APAC Emerging as a Lucrative Region for the Growth of the APAO Market
- Mixing APAO with Wax, Resins and Other Additives
Chapter 4: Market Breakdown by Product Type
- Polypropylene Homopolymers
- Propylene and Ethylene Copolymers
- Propylene and 1-Butene Copolymers or Other Higher a-Olefin Copolymers
- Ethylene, Propylene and 1-Butene Terpolymers
Chapter 5: Market Breakdown by Method
- Roll Coating
- Slot Die Coating
Chapter 6: Market Breakdown by Application
- Personal Hygiene
- Wire and Cable
- Building and Construction
Chapter 7: Market Breakdown by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
Chapter 8: Competitive Landscape
- Leading Companies
- Eastman Chemical Co.
- Huntsman Corp.
- Illinois Tool Works
- The Dow Chemical Co.
- Technological Advancements in APAO
- Strategic Analysis (Mergers, Acquisitions and Joint Ventures)
- Collaboration and Partnerships
- Product Launches
- Geographic Expansion
Chapter 9: Company Profiles
- AVERY DENNISON
- BOND TECH INDUSTRIES
- CHEVRON PHILLIPS CHEMICAL
- THE DOW CHEMICAL CO.
- DYMAX CORP.
- EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO.
- EVANS ADHESIVE CORP. LTD.
- EVONIK INDUSTRIES AG
- FOREST CHEMICAL GROUP S.A.
- FRANKLIN INTERNATIONAL INC.
- GITACE ADHESIVES TECHNOLOGY
- GLUE MACHINERY CORP.
- GREAT EASTERN RESINS INDUSTRIAL CO. LTD.
- GUANGDONG ORIENT YIGE NEW MATERIAL CO. LTD.
- H.B. FULLER CO.
- HENKEL AG & CO. KGAA
- HUNTSMAN CORP.
- ILLINOIS TOOL WORKS
- JOWAT SE
- LIAOYANG LIAOHUA QIDA CHEMICALS CO. LTD.
- LORD CORP.
- MACTAC LLC
- NANPAO RESIN
- REXTAC LLC
- RMP INTERNATIONAL INC.
- ROYAL ADHESIVES AND SEALANTS
- SIKA GROUP
- SUN CROWN ADHESIVES
- TEXYEAR INDUSTRIAL ADHESIVES PVT. LTD.
- WACKER CHEMIE AG
- WANG CHEONG ADHESIVES
- WISDOM ADHESIVES
List of Tables
- Summary Table: Global Market for Amorphous Polyalphaolefins, by Product Type, Through 2024
- Table 1: Product Profile of APAOs with Price, 2018
- Table 2: Characteristics of APAO vs. EVA
- Table 3: Characteristics of APAO vs. Polyamide
- Table 4: Characteristics of APAO vs. Water-Based Adhesive
- Table 5: Glass Transition Temperature of Some Polymers
- Table 6: Advantages and Disadvantages of ABS
- Table 7: Diaper Needs Fact Sheet in the U.S., 2018
- Table 8: Tax Rates on Tampons, by Country, 2018
- Table 9: Global Market for APAO, by Product Type, Through 2024
- Table 10: Overview of Some of the Top Companies Providing APAO Homopolymers
- Table 11: Global Market for Homopolymers, by Region, Through 2024
- Table 12: Global Market for Copolymers, by Region, Through 2024
- Table 13: Overview of Top Companies Providing APAO Copolymers
- Table 14: Applications of Eastoflex E1045PL Amorphous Polyolefin, a Copolymer of Propylene and Ethylene
- Table 15: Applications of Eastoflex M1058 Amorphous Polyolefin, a Copolymer of Propylene and Ethylene
- Table 16: Global Market for Terpolymers, by Region, Through 2024
- Table 17: Global Market for APAO, by Method, Through 2024
- Table 18: Prices of Different Models of Spray Guns Available in the Market
- Table 19: Global Market for Spraying, by Region, Through 2024
- Table 20: Global Market for Pumping, by Region, Through 2024
- Table 21: Global Market for Roll Coating, by Region, Through 2024
- Table 22: Global Market for Slot Die Coating, by Region, Through 2024
- Table 23: Global Market for Extrusion, by Region, Through 2024
- Table 24: Global Market for APAO, by Application, Through 2024
- Table 25: Global Market for APAO in the Automotive Industry, by Region, Through 2024
- Table 26: Global Market for APAO in Woodworking, by Region, Through 2024
- Table 27: Global Market for APAO in Bookbinding, by Region, Through 2024
- Table 28: Global Market for APAO in Personal Hygiene Products, by Region, Through 2024
- Table 29: Global Market for APAO in Packaging, by Region, Through 2024
- Table 30: Global Market for APAO in Wire and Cable, by Region, Through 2024
- Table 31: REXtus Adhesives for the Building and Construction Industry
- Table 32: Global Market for APAO in Building and Construction, by Region, Through 2024
- Table 33: Global Market for APAO in Other Applications, by Region, Through 2024
- Table 34: North American Vehicle Production, 2017-2018
- Table 35: North American Market for APAO, by Country, Through 2024
- Table 36: North American Market for APAO, by Product Type, Through 2024
- Table 37: North American Market for APAO, by Method, Through 2024
- Table 38: North American Market for APAO, by Application, Through 2024
- Table 39: European Market for APAO, by Country, Through 2024
- Table 40: European Market for APAO, by Product Type, Through 2024
- Table 41: European Market for APAO, by Method, Through 2024
- Table 42: European Market for APAO, by Application, Through 2024
- Table 43: Tampon VAT in other European Countries, 2018
- Table 44: Asia-Pacific Market for APAO, by Country, Through 2024
- Table 45: Asia-Pacific Market for APAO, by Product Type, Through 2024
- Table 46: Asia-Pacific Market for APAO, by Method, Through 2024
- Table 47: Asia-Pacific Market for APAO, by Application, Through 2024
- Table 48: MEA Market for APAO, by Product Type, Through 2024
- Table 49: MEA Market for APAO, by Method, Through 2024
- Table 50: MEA Market for APAO, by Application, Through 2024
- Table 51: Latin American Market for APAO, by Product Type, Through 2024
- Table 52: Latin American Market for APAO, by Method, Through 2024
- Table 53: Latin American Market for APAO, by Application, Through 2024
List of Figures
- Summary Figure: Global Market for Amorphous Polyalphaolefins, by Product Type, 2018-2024
- Figure 1: Production Process of Vestoplast*
- Figure 2: Molecular Structure of APAO
- Figure 3: Other Properties of APAO
- Figure 4: Global Vehicle Sales, 2013-2018
- Figure 5: Sources of Propylene for APAO Production
- Figure 6: Global Propylene Production Share, by Feedstock, 2016
- Figure 7: Global Propylene Production, by Region, 2016
- Figure 8: Tax Levied on Tampons, by Selected Countries, 2016
- Figure 9: Advantages of Hot-Melt Wax
- Figure 10: Types of Spraying
- Figure 11: Features of Select Pumps for Dispersing Adhesives
- Figure 12: Techniques to Control Coating Thickness in Roll Coating Methods
- Figure 13: Parts of an Extruder
- Figure 14: Henkel APAO Hot-Melt Products for the Automotive Industry
- Figure 15: REXtac Products for the Automotive Industry
- Figure 16: APAO-Based Adhesives for Personal Hygiene Products from GitAce
- Figure 17: Stages of the Packaging Process Throughout a Facility
- Figure 18: Motor Vehicle Production in the U.S., 2013-2018
- Figure 19: Motor Vehicle Production in Canada, 2013-2018
- Figure 20: Motor Vehicle Production in Europe, 2014-2018
- Figure 21: Motor Vehicle Production in the U.K., 2014-2018
- Figure 22: Distribution of the Population by Age Group in the U.K., 2017
- Figure 23: Motor Vehicle Production in France, 2014-2017
- Figure 24: Distribution of the Population by Age Group in France, 2018
- Figure 25: Motor Vehicle Production in Germany, 2014-2018
- Figure 26: Distribution of the Population by Age Group in Germany, 2018
- Figure 27: Motor Vehicle Production in Italy, 2014-2018
- Figure 28: Distribution of the Population by Age Group in Italy, 2018
- Figure 29: Motor Vehicle Production in Spain, 2014-2018
- Figure 30: Distribution of the Population by Age Group in Spain, 2018
- Figure 31: Motor Vehicle Production in Rest of Europe, 2014-2018
- Figure 32: Asia-Pacific Motor Vehicle Production, 2015-2018
- Figure 33: Leading APAO-Based Adhesive Suppliers in China
- Figure 34: Motor Vehicle Production in China, 2015-2018