"An increasing number of CSPs are investing in expanding the capabilities of their digital channels such as apps, websites and virtual attendants."
This report provides market share data for communications service provider (CSP) spending on telecoms-specific customer engagement software systems and related services for 2018. It provides details of how the spending varied by delivery model, service type, vendor and region. The report also includes 'snapshots' of information about the leading vendors in the market. In 2018, CSP spending on customer engagement systems grew by 0.2% (product spend up by 2.9%, professional services down by 1.1%).
Customer engagement total revenue by vendor, worldwide, 2018
Key developments in the customer engagement market in 2018
- Improving the customer digital experience is a strategic priority for most CSPs. This is driving investments into digital channels and personalised customer journeys. Automated attendants, in particular, are the subject of widespread interest and experimentation.
- CSPs increasingly favour a pre-integrated, product-centered approach to customer engagement transformation. SaaS is quickly becoming the preferred delivery model for new deployments of customer engagement systems.
- CSPs are making considerable investments to improve the digital experience of enterprise offerings.
Key questions answered in the customer engagement market share report
- What was the overall size of the market (customer engagement software systems for the telecoms industry) and what drove this spending among CSPs?
- How did the spending vary across different sub-segments of the customer engagement market?
- Who are the major vendors and what is their share of revenue in the customer engagement systems market?
- What are the different drivers and growth rates of CSP spending on products, product-related services and professional services?
Customer engagement total revenue by type, worldwide, 2018
Who should read this report
- Vendor strategy teams that need to understand where revenue growth is slowing and where it is increasing across different sub-segment categories.
- Product management teams that are responsible for feature functionality and geographical focus, and product marketing teams that are responsible for market-share growth.
- Market intelligence teams at vendors that want to understand how their competitors compare to each other.
- CSPs that are planning digital transformation journeys and want to ensure that their current vendors are staying up to date.
This report provides:
- detailed market share data for the customer engagement software systems market overall, as well as four sub-segments:
- engagement platforms
- customer service
- a summary of key developments in the market overall and in each sub-segment
- an Excel data spreadsheet of revenue and share for the top six vendors in this segment, split by type and by region
- detailed profiles of 20 vendors in this market, and summaries of other players.
- Aspect Software
- Dimelo (RingCentral)
- Huawei Technologies
- Tata Consultancy Services
Table of Contents
- Product related revenue
- Professional services revenue
About the author and Analysys Mason