"Most operators are not well placed to benefit from enterprise spend on security -- partnerships with MSSPs are needed to gain access to capabilities."
This report analyses the opportunity for communications service providers (operators) to act as managed security service providers (MSSPs) and sell managed security services to large enterprises.
This report answers the following questions:
- What role do operators play in the MSSP market today, and what are their prospects of being competitive in it?
- What are the main opportunities and risks?
- What are the prospects of new players from industries other than telecoms entering the MSSP market?
- What do telecoms operators need to focus on in order to succeed in the MSSP market?
- To what extent do the world's leading MSSPs intend to partner with telecoms operators?
Case studies included in this report include:
- IBM Security
Operators should consider entering the enterprise security market but will need to overcome some barriers
Table of Contents
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- MARKET OPPORTUNITY AND INVESTNEBT REQYURENEBTS
- REQUIREMENTS AND OPTIONS FOR MSSP PARTNERING
- ASSESSMENT OF POTENTIAL MSSP PARTNERS
- APPENDIX: MSSP CASE STUDIES
- ABOUT THE AUTHOR AND ANALYSYS MASON