Product Code: bld78
An updated version of the ‘Facilities Management Outsourcing - Corporate Sector Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis’ has been published by AMA Research. The report offers a unique review of this substantial market, focusing on the outsourced management and delivery of non-core services within corporate end-use sectors, examples of which include commercial offices, retail, entertainment & leisure, manufacturing & warehousing, energy & utilities and privatised transport services.
Key issues analysed include:
- Specific analysis of FM outsourcing market within the corporate sector - sector sizes & trends, key market influences, penetration of FM outsourcing, mix by end use sector, forecasts and opportunities as the market sector recovers.
- Review of key corporate application areas -sector sizes, key market influences and trends, implications for FM providers, market prospects and areas of opportunity for FM provision.
- Review of market structure and leading providers - consolidating supply structure, diversification of service provision, company profiles for the leading contractors within the sector.
Key Areas of Insight Include:
- Market activity within the corporate sector from 2012 to 2016, with forecasts through to 2021.
- Positive market prospects as a result of improved business confidence, growing added value opportunities, greater use of integrated FM services and more international contracts.
- Continued high level of demand for FM services from the commercial offices sector, despite the uncertainties caused by Brexit.
- Technological advances and innovations, leading FM providers to become more involved in building management by making more use of intelligent data.
FM Outsourcing within the Corporate Sector
- Review of Corporate FM Outsourcing market - estimates of market size from 2012-2016, with forecasts for the period from 2017 to 2021.
- Key market influences - macroeconomic factors, construction output, and legislation. Market maturity in many end-user sectors, growth opportunities, greater client integration and emphasis on added-value services and technological advancements. Future opportunities and threats.
- Market mix among Corporate End Use Application Areas - Offices, Retail, Leisure and Other. Future opportunities and potential for growth in each sub-sector.
- Penetration of Outsourcing in the Corporate sector - level of maturity, trend to TFM and BPO. Influence of consolidation in the industry, influence of internationalisation of the industry and trend towards more international contracts.
Key Corporate End Use Sectors
- Commercial Offices - sector performance, key influences, take-up and vacancy rates in Central London and review of regional activity levels. Penetration of FM outsourcing, as well as influences and trends.
- Retail - sector performance and key influences across retail outlets and shopping malls. Penetration of FM outsourcing penetration, as well as influences and trends.
- Leisure and Entertainment - sector reviews for Hotels, Restaurants & Cafes, Pubs & Clubs, Betting & Gaming Facilities and Leisure & Sports Clubs. FM outsourcing penetration, influences and trends.
- ‘Other' End Use Sectors - sector reviews for Manufacturing & Warehousing, Energy & Utilities and Privatised Transport Services. FM outsourcing penetration, influences and trends.
- Review of origins of FM companies and Supply Structure. Share groupings of the major companies across the FM industry.
- Key trends - large number of recent acquisitions & mergers, market entrants, impact of market maturity, expansion and diversification of service provision, market consolidation.
- Market profiles for leading FM providers to Corporate application areas, covering over 40 major providers and niche specialists - outlines include company size, growth trends, areas of specialisation, some sector strengths and major contracts.
The Overall FM Outsourcing Market
- Overview of the overall bundled Facilities Management Market - estimates of total market size from 2012-2016, with forecasts for the period from 2017 to 2021.
- Key market influences and prospects - macroeconomic factors, diversification in service provision, increasing maturity in a number of end use sectors, trend towards TFM and 'bundling' and legislative influences.
Amey Group, Apleona HSG, Aramark, Babcock International Group, BAM Facilities Management, Bellrock, Bouygues Energies & Services, CBRE Group, City Facilities Management, Compass Group, Deloitte Real Estate, Emcor, Engie UK, Eric Wright, G4S Facilities Management, Galliford Try, Gardiner & Theobald, Imtech Inviron, Incentive, Integral UK, Interserve, ISS UK, Kier Group, Mace Macro, Mears Group, Mitie, Morgan Sindall Property Services, NG Bailey, Pinnacle PSG, Robertson Facilities, Serco Group, Servest, Skanska Facilities Services, The Capita Group, The OCS Group UK, Turner Facilities Management, Vinci Facilities.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. BACKGROUND
- 1.2. SOURCES OF INFORMATION
2. SUMMARY & MARKET PROSPECTS
- 2.1. SUMMARY
- 2.2. MARKET PROSPECTS
3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT UPDATED
- 3.1. GDP
- 3.2. INFLATION & INTEREST RATES
- 3.3. UNEMPLOYMENT
- 3.4. HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION
- 3.5. HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION
- 3.6. STERLING
- 3.7. POPULATION PROFILE
- 3.8. CONCLUSIONS 16
4. FM IN THE CORPORATE SECTOR
- 4.1. FACILITIES MANAGEMENT OUTSOURCING MARKET
- 4.1.1. Definition
- 4.1.2. FM Market Size and Trends
- 4.2. CORPORATE FM MARKET DEFINITION
- 4.3. CORPORATE FM MARKET SIZE AND TRENDS
- 4.4. KEY MARKET INFLUENCES
- 4.4.1. Private Sector Construction Output
- 4.4.2. Legislation
5. KEY CORPORATE END USE SECTORS
- 5.1. END USER MIX
- 5.2. COMMERCIAL OFFICES
- 5.3. RETAIL
- 5.4. LEISURE AND ENTERTAINMENT
- 5.4.1. Hotels & Guest Houses
- 5.4.2. Restaurants
- 5.4.3. Public Houses & Bars
- 5.4.4. Betting & Gaming
- 5.4.5. Other
- 5.5. OTHER END USERS
6. CONTRACTORS REVIEW
- 6.1. ORIGINS AND SUPPLY STRUCTURE
- 6.2. MARKET SHARES
- 6.3. COMPANY PROFILES
- 6.3.1. Leading FM Contractors
- 6.3.2. Other Large Companies in the FM Market
TABLES AND CHARTS
- CHART 1: UK FM OUTSOURCING MARKET WITHIN THE CORPORATE SECTOR AT CURRENT PRICES 2012-2021
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2015-2017 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2021
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2021
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2013-2019 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES
- CHART 6: UK BUNDLED FM OUTSOURCING MARKET AT CURRENT PRICES 2012-2021 (£ MILLION)
- TABLE 7: UK CORPORATE FM OUTSOURCING MARKET 2012-2021 (AT CURRENT PRICES)
- CHART 8: UK CORPORATE FM SERVICES SHARE OF OVERALL FM MARKET 2012-2021
- TABLE 9: CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT AND FORECAST £BN: CORPORATE END USE MARKETS (OFFICES, RETAIL, ETC) 2012-2021 CURRENT PRICES
- CHART 10: UK CORPORATE FM SERVICES MARKET MIX BY END USE APPLICATION BY VALUE (LEISURE, RETAIL, OFFICES ETC) 2016
- CHART 11: CENTRAL LONDON OFFICE MARKET - OFFICE TAKE UP (MILLION SQ. FT)
- CHART 12: CENTRAL LONDON OFFICE MARKET - OFFICE VACANCY RATES (%)
- CHART 13: NUMBER OF UK RETAIL BUSINESSES WITH AN ANNUAL TURNOVER £1M+ 2012-2016
- CHART 14: TURNOVER FOR UK RETAIL INDUSTRY (£BN) 2012-2015
- TABLE 15: UK RETAIL VALUE SALES EXCL. AUTOMOTIVE & FUEL - NOT SEASONALLY ADJUSTED - 2012-2017 (£BN)
- CHART 16: KEY LEISURE SECTORS - NO. OF ENTERPRISES (2012 - 2015)
- CHART 17: TURNOVER IN THE UK HOTEL SECTOR - 2012-2021 (£BN)
- CHART 18: TURNOVER IN THE UK RESTAURANTS SECTOR - 2012-2021 (£BN)
- TABLE 19: TOP UK RESTAURANT OPERATORS AND THEIR BRANDS - 2016 (NO OF OUTLETS)
- CHART 20: TURNOVER IN THE UK PUBS AND CLUBS SECTOR (£M), 2012 -2015
- CHART 21: PERFORMANCE OF THE MANUFACTURING, UTILITIES AND TRANSPORT SECTORS - TURNOVER 2012-2016 (£ MILLION)
- TABLE 22: TOP 20 FM SUPPORT SERVICES COMPANIES IN THE UK