Product Code: Bth10
The 6th edition of the ‘Pipes and Fittings Market Report - UK 2018-2022’ covers the domestic and light commercial applications for plumbing pipes and pipes for rainwater, soil and waste, together with associated fittings, but excludes pipes used in water utility, land drainage or other gas or telecommunications applications.
Key sections covered:
- Market overview - market size by value, key trends, market influences, forecast to 2022.
- Product review - product mix, material mix, key trends and forecasts.
- Plumbing pipe systems - hot and cold water internal pipes and fittings, pipes and fittings for radiator heating systems and underfloor heating.
- Rainwater, soil and waste products - soil and waste pipes, traps and fittings (above ground), rainwater guttering, downpipes and fittings (above ground).
- Supply and distribution review - main suppliers, market shares, main distribution channels and key companies.
Key areas of insight include:
- Key factors influencing market growth in recent years include increasing levels of demand from key end-use sectors, principally in new housebuilding and some non-domestic sectors.
- A steady shift towards plastic pipes and fittings due to technological developments, ease of installation and a growing product range.
- Plastic push-fit and press-fit fittings have experienced particular growth due to the considerable savings made on installation time.
- Growing interest in rainwater harvesting systems, following heavy rainfall in the last two years and greater awareness of environmental concerns and water usage.
- Direct sales to contractors and OEMs have risen in recent years, as have sales via the internet.
- Greater focus on sustainability and recycling throughout the production and distribution chain.
- Detailed market data and insight on the pipes and fittings market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
The Pipes and Fittings Market
- Market size - analysis by value from 2013-2017, with forecasts to 2022, key characteristics of this market. Impact of the economy and construction on the structure of the market - market trends and major factors influencing market development.
- Development and influence of the domestic heating market and underfloor heating sector.
- Development of the bathroom and shower market and influence on the pipes and fittings industry.
- Key building and construction trends and influences on the pipes and fittings market, including housebuilding levels and future prospects, domestic refurbishment levels and future prospects, the influence of the conservatory and garden rooms market, trends in the self build market, the commercial building and construction market and the influence of increasing government spending in that sector.
- The changing impact of new building methods, off-site construction etc.
Products and Suppliers
- Hot and cold pressurised applications for heating and for hot and cold potable water, and underfloor heating.
- Product mix of plumbing pipe and fittings and mix of plumbing pipe systems by application.
- Material mix for pipes and fittings in this sector - plastic, copper, brass etc. The differences in material used between potable water and heating applications.
- The use of copper pipe and fittings in plumbing applications; key suppliers; advantages and disadvantages of copper; shift towards flame-free jointing etc.
- Use of plastic in plumbing applications; types of plastic pipe (PB, PEX, Other); key suppliers; influence of barrier pipe; growth of push-fit fittings etc.
- Main suppliers and market shares for plumbing pipe systems.
- Outlook for plumbing pipe systems - forecasts for 2018 and up to 2022.
- Product mix of rainwater and soil & waste products.
- Material mix for rainwater goods; use of different materials - plastic, aluminium, cast iron/other; advantages and disadvantages of plastic, cast iron etc.; product developments; rainwater drainage and harvesting.
- Main suppliers and market shares for rainwater goods, soil and waste products.
- Outlook for rainwater goods, soil and waste products - forecasts for 2018 and up to 2022.
- Forecast of market development - short & medium-term prospects up to 2022.
- Positive and negative factors affecting the market - performance of UK economy, housebuilding, non-domestic construction, consumer confidence & spending etc. Market shares for metal pipes and fittings.
Adamsez, Astracast, B&Q, Bathroom Brands Group, Bette GmbH & Co., Bristan Group, Broughton Crangrove Galley Matrix (BCG), Carron Bathrooms, Cistermiser, Claytan Group, Crosswater, Drummonds, Duravit, F&P Wholesale, Frontline Bathrooms, Geberit, Grafton, Grohe, Hansgrohe, Healey & Lord, Heritage Bathrooms, Homebase, Ideal Bathrooms, Ideal Standard UK, Jacuzzi Spa and Bath Limited, Kaldewei UK, Kohler Mira, Laufen, Lecico Plc, Opella, Pegler Yorkshire, Phoenix Product Development, PJH Group, Porcelanosa UK, RAK Ceramics UK, Renaissance Baths, Robert Lee Distribution, Roca, Roper Rhodes, Saint-Gobain, Sanlamere UK, Screwfix, Silverdale Bathrooms, Svedburgs, Tavistock Bathrooms, The Imperial Bathroom Company, Travis Perkins, Victoria Plumb, VitrA, Wickes, Wolseley, etc.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. INTRODUCTION
- 1.2. SOURCES OF INFORMATION
- 2.1. MARKET SIZE AND TRENDS
- 2.2. FUTURE PROSPECTS
3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- 3.1. GDP
- 3.2. INFLATION & INTEREST RATES
- 3.3. UNEMPLOYMENT
- 3.4. HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION
- 3.5. HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION
- 3.6. STERLING
- 3.7. POPULATION PROFILE
- 3.8. CONCLUSIONS
4. PIPES AND FITTINGS MARKET
- 4.1. OVERALL MARKET SIZE AND PROSPECTS
- 4.2. KEY MARKET INFLUENCES
- 4.2.1. House Building Completions
- 4.2.2. Mix of House Building Completions
- 4.2.3. House Moving Levels
- 4.2.4. Non-Domestic Construction
- 4.2.5. Off-Site Construction Methods
- 4.3. OTHER PIPE AND FITTINGS MARKET DRIVERS
- 4.3.1. Central Heating and Water Heating Market
- 4.3.2. Underfloor Heating Market
- 4.3.3. Bathroom and Shower Market
- 4.4. ENVIRONMENTAL INFLUENCES
- 5.1. PLUMBING PIPE SYSTEMS
- 5.1.1. Definition
- 5.1.2. Market Size and Trends
- 5.1.3. Product and Material Mix
- 5.1.4. Copper Plumbing Pipe Systems
- 5.1.5. Plastic Plumbing Pipe Systems
- 5.1.6. Market Shares
- 5.2. RAINWATER, SOIL AND WASTE PRODUCTS
- 5.2.1. Definition
- 5.2.2. Market Size and Trends
- 5.2.3. Product and Material Mix
- 5.2.4. Rainwater Products
- 5.2.5. Soil and Waste Products
- 5.2.6. Market Shares
- 6.1. OVERVIEW
- 6.2. KEY SUPPLIER PROFILES
- 6.3. OTHER SUPPLIERS
- 7.1. DISTRIBUTION MIX
- 7.2. BUILDERS MERCHANTS/SPECIALISTS
- 7.2.1. National Merchants
- 7.2.2. Large Regional Merchants/Specialists
- 7.3. DIY MULTIPLES
- 7.4. OTHER DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS
- 7.5. PLUMBERS AND HEATING CONTRACTORS
TABLES AND CHARTS
- CHART 1: UK PIPES AND FITTINGS MARKET BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2012-2022
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2015-2017 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2021
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2021
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2013-2019 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES
- CHART 6: UK PIPES AND FITTINGS MARKET BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2012-2022
- TABLE 7: UK PIPES AND FITTINGS MARKET - PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE 2017 (£M MSP)
- CHART 8: HOUSING COMPLETIONS 2012 TO 2022 - UK BY VOLUME (K)
- CHART 9: HOUSEBUILDING COMPLETIONS IN ENGLAND - % MIX BY TYPE OF DWELLING (FLATS VERSUS HOUSES) 2012-2018
- TABLE 10: NUMBER OF PROPERTY TRANSACTIONS UK VALUED AT £40K OR ABOVE 2012 TO 2022 ('000)
- CHART 11: CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT (GREAT BRITAIN) NEW WORK & RMI - CURRENT PRICES (£BN) 2012 -2021
- TABLE 12: UK PLUMBING PIPE SYSTEMS MARKET BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2012-2022
- CHART 13: PLUMBING PIPE SYSTEMS - PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE 2017 (PIPES AND FITTINGS)
- CHART 14: PLUMBING PIPE SYSTEMS - MATERIAL MIX BY VALUE 2017 (COPPER, PLASTIC, ALLOY ETC)
- CHART 15: UK PLUMBING PIPE SYSTEMS - MIX BY TYPE OF INSTALLATION % SHARE BY VALUE 2017
- CHART 16: CENTRAL HEATING AND POTABLE WATER PIPE SYSTEMS - MATERIAL MIX BY VALUE 2017
- TABLE 17: COPPER PLUMBING PIPE SYSTEMS - ADVANTAGES/DISADVANTAGES
- CHART 18: PLASTIC PLUMBING PIPE - PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE 2017
- TABLE 19: PLASTIC PLUMBING PIPE SYSTEMS - ADVANTAGES/DISADVANTAGES
- TABLE 20: PLUMBING PIPE SYSTEMS - MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2017
- TABLE 21: UK RAINWATER, SOIL AND WASTE PRODUCTS BY VALUE (£M MSP) 2012-2022
- CHART 22: RAINWATER AND SOIL & WASTE PRODUCTS - PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE 2017
- CHART 23: RAINWATER PRODUCTS - MATERIAL MIX BY VALUE 2017 (PLASTIC, ALUMINIUM, CAST IRON ETC)
- CHART 24: SOIL AND WASTE PRODUCTS - MATERIAL MIX BY VALUE 2017
- TABLE 25: PLASTIC RAINWATER PRODUCTS - ADVANTAGES/DISADVANTAGES
- TABLE 26: CAST IRON RAINWATER PRODUCTS - ADVANTAGES/DISADVANTAGES
- TABLE 27: RAINWATER, SOIL AND WASTE PRODUCTS - MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2017
- TABLE 28: UK SUPPLIERS OF PLASTIC PIPES AND FITTINGS - MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2017
- TABLE 29: UK SUPPLIERS OF METAL PIPES AND FITTINGS - MARKET SHARES BY VALUE 2017
- CHART 30: DISTRIBUTION OF PIPES AND FITTINGS - MIX BY CHANNEL 2017
- CHART 31: LEADING MERCHANTS' MARKET SHARES 2016
- CHART 32: UK VAT REGISTERED PLUMBING AND HEATING CONTRACTORS 2017 BY TURNOVER (£'000S)