Product Code: Bth4
The 6th Edition of the ‘Bathroom & Kitchen Pods Market Report - UK 2018-2022’ incorporates original input and primary research, it represents an up-to-date and informed report on the market for bathroom pods, kitchen pods and the key end-use sectors.
Key sections covered:
- UK pods market - volume and value size, recent trends and key influences, forecasts and future trends up to 2022.
- Analysis by product sector - product mix, frame materials, trends and influences.
- Market structure - review of market structure, with major players, company profiles.
- End use application areas - analysis of key end use sectors for pods with potential growth opportunities.
- Supply and distribution - structures and shares.
Key areas of insight include:
- Market development in 2013-17 - driven by upturn in residential and non-domestic sectors (such as education, hotels, and health).
- The trend towards modular building techniques alongside the existing skills shortages has driven interest in PODs and the associated benefits.
- An increase in the use of steel framed PODs, reflecting the trend towards using lighter and more flexible materials on construction projects.
- Opportunities lie in the private care for the elderly sector. Typical applications include wet room style PODs, providing ease of access, hygiene and safety.
- Market prospects to 2022 - including review of key market drivers and opportunities in the key end-use sectors.
- Detailed market data and insight on the bathroom and kitchen PODs market by AMA Research, a leading UK provider of construction market intelligence.
Bathroom and Kitchen PODs Market
- UK pods market, market definition, overview of market size by value and volume, recent and current situation 2013-2017 with estimates for 2018, recent market performance, factors underpinning demand and value growth.
- Key market influences - economic and industry trends, Government policies and so on. Shift in profile of end use sectors and the impact on the PODs market. Skills shortages, drive to efficient construction, reduced on-site time etc.
- UK Government policy - prospects for the different construction sectors, education, health, social housing, housing development programmes etc.
- Forecast growth in PODs; usage up until 2022, with an indication as to which market sectors will provide the greatest growth.
- Factors likely to influence the adoption of PODs - greater awareness of off-site benefits and use of PODs, skills shortages, construction efficiencies, positive trends in a number of sectors, including social and affordable housing, student accommodation, hotels and care homes.
- Overall product mix - by value and share - bathroom, kitchen and shower room pods.
- Characteristics by type - bathroom, shower room and kitchen. Design considerations, end-use sectors etc.
- Analysis of the materials used and their different characteristics - concrete, steel framed, GRP and composite.
- Environmental concerns - product waste and the ability to recycle.
- Specification and installation trends - key influences, material type, POD weight, transport and installation issues.
- Market structure - suppliers, market shares and developments.
- Major pod manufacturers and suppliers - including turnover size, projects, activities etc.
- Key end use sectors - end-use mix by volume for bathroom pods, kitchen pods. Key trends by end-use sector, construction output, forecast output and development opportunities.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. BACKGROUND
- 1.2. SOURCES OF INFORMATION
- 2.1. MARKET REVIEW
- 2.2. MARKET PROSPECTS
3. ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT
- 3.1. GDP
- 3.2. INFLATION & INTEREST RATES
- 3.3. UNEMPLOYMENT
- 3.4. HOUSEHOLD CONSUMPTION
- 3.5. HOUSING & CONSTRUCTION
- 3.6. STERLING
- 3.7. POPULATION PROFILE
- 3.8. CONCLUSIONS
4. BATHROOM AND KITCHEN PODS
- 4.1. INTRODUCTION
- 4.2. DEFINITIONS
- 4.3. MARKET OVERVIEW
- 4.3.1. Market Development and Forecasts
- 4.3.2. Construction Activity
- 4.3.3. Building Information Modelling
- 4.3.4. Shortages in Traditional Construction Skills
- 4.3.5. Sustainability Issues
- 4.4. IMPORTS AND EXPORTS
- 5.1. OVERVIEW
- 5.2. PRODUCT MIX BY TYPE
- 5.2.1. Bathroom and Shower/Wet Room PODs
- 5.2.2. Kitchen PODs
- 5.3. PRODUCT MIX BY FRAME MATERIAL
- 6.1. MARKET SHARES
- 6.2. KEY SUPPLIERS
- 6.3. OTHER SUPPLIERS
7. KEY END USE APPLICATION SECTORS
- 7.1. END USE SECTOR OVERVIEW
- 7.2. HOUSING
- 7.2.1. Overview
- 7.2.2. Flats and Apartments
- 7.2.3. Social Housing
- 7.3. STUDENT ACCOMMODATION
- 7.4. HOTELS
- 7.5. HEALTHCARE FACILITIES
- 7.6. OTHER SECTORS
8. SPECIFICATION AND INSTALLATION
- 8.1. SPECIFICATION PROCESS
- 8.2. KEY SPECIFICATION CRITERIA
- 8.3. DELIVERY AND INSTALLATION
TABLES AND CHARTS
- CHART 1: UK BATHROOM AND KITCHEN PODS MARKET BY VALUE (£ MSP) & VOLUME ('000 UNITS) 2013-2022
- TABLE 2: GDP DATA - 2015-2017 - KEY CONSTITUENT ELEMENTS
- CHART 3: INTEREST RATES AND INFLATION (CPI) FROM 2000-2022
- CHART 4: PDI & SAVINGS RATIO AT CURRENT PRICES 2000-2022
- TABLE 5: EXCHANGE RATE FLUCTUATIONS 2014-2020 - STERLING TO THE DOLLAR, AND THE EURO, SPOT RATES
- TABLE 6: THE FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF BATHROOM AND KITCHEN PODS
- CHART 7: UK BATHROOM AND KITCHEN PODS MARKET BY VALUE (£ MSP) & VOLUME (THOUSAND UNITS) 2013-2022
- TABLE 8: TOTAL CONTRACTORS NEW WORK OUTPUT BY VALUE (£ BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) 2012-2021
- CHART 9: CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK BY END-USE SECTOR BY VALUE 2017
- CHART 10: BATHROOM, KITCHEN AND SHOWER ROOM PODS - % PRODUCT MIX BY VALUE 2017
- CHART 11: BATHROOM AND KITCHEN PODS - VALUE % MIX BY MATERIAL USED 2017 - GRP, STEEL AND CONCRETE
- TABLE 12: BATHROOM AND KITCHEN PODS - % ESTIMATED MARKET SHARE BY VALUE 2017
- CHART 13: BATHROOM AND KITCHEN PODS - % MIX BY VOLUME BY APPLICATION SECTOR 2017 - RESIDENTIAL, EDUCATION, LEISURE, HEALTH, MOD AND OTHERS
- TABLE 14: BATHROOM AND KITCHEN PODS MARKET PRICING 2017 (£ MSP) - STANDARD, MID-MARKET, UPMARKET
- TABLE 15: HOUSE BUILDING COMPLETIONS (UK) 2013 TO 2022 - BY VOLUME
- CHART 16: HOUSEBUILDING COMPLETIONS IN ENGLAND % MIX BY TYPE OF DWELLING (FLATS VERSUS HOUSES) 2010-2021
- TABLE 17: HCA AFFORDABLE HOUSING PROGRAMMES - TOTAL COMPLETIONS BY YEAR AND BY TENURE: 2012-2017
- CHART 18: GROWTH OF THE PRS SECTOR 2015-2025 (NO. DWELLINGS) (M)
- CHART 19: UK HIGHER EDUCATION AND OTHER EDUCATION CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT - BY VALUE £BN AT CURRENT PRICES 2013 TO 2022
- CHART 20: UK STUDENT ACCOMMODATION CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT - BY VALUE £BN AT CURRENT PRICES 2013 TO 2022
- CHART 21: TYPE OF ACCOMMODATION FOR FULL TIME STUDENTS 2016/7 - %
- CHART 22: ESTIMATED NUMBER OF NEW STUDENT BED SPACES BUILT PER YEAR - 2013-2022
- CHART 23: ENTERTAINMENT & LEISURE CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT NEW WORK - BY VALUE (£ BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) AND % CHANGE 2013-2021
- CHART 24: UK ENTERTAINMENT MARKET - SHARE OF REVENUE BY SECTOR - FOOD SERVICE, HOTELS, PUBS, HEALTH CLUBS ETC.
- TABLE 25: UK HOTEL MARKET 2011- 2021 (% BY TYPE AND NO OF ROOMS)
- CHART 26: GROWTH OF THE UK BUDGET HOTEL SECTOR 1995 TO 2016 - BY NUMBER OF ROOMS
- TABLE 27: TOP 4 UK BUDGET HOTELS LEADING BRAND PORTFOLIOS AND MARKET SHARE (%)
- CHART 28: HEALTHCARE CONSTRUCTION NEW WORK OUTPUT BY VALUE (£BN AT CURRENT PRICES) 2013 TO 2021
- CHART 29: FUTURE DEMAND FOR CARE HOME PLACES - EXPECTED DEMAND VS. CURRENT ANNUAL SUPPLY: 2015-2021
- CHART 30: NUMBER OF BED-SPACES IN CARE HOMES (ALL TYPES) IN THE UK BY REGION 2016-17
- TABLE 31: MAJOR CARE HOME PROVIDERS/DEVELOPERS: DEVELOPMENT PLANS 2016-2021 SUMMARY
- CHART 32: OFFICES CONSTRUCTION OUTPUT NEW WORK BY VALUE (£ BILLION AT CURRENT PRICES) AND % CHANGE 2013-2021
Aartoft Ltd, Ala Rational Systems, Altor UK Ltd, Balfour Beatty plc, Bathsystem UK Ltd, Baudet UK Ltd, Caledonian Modular Ltd, Crystal Composite Services LLP, DEBA Badsysteme GmbH, Elements (Europe) Ltd, Ensuite Solutions Ltd, Eurocomponents SpA, European Ensuites, F1 Modular Ltd, Hellweg Badsysteme GmbH & Co KG, Kondor PODs Ltd, Laing O'Rourke plc, Modular Systems Ltd, Myspacepod Ltd, Offsite Solutions (RT) Ltd, Paddington Offsite, Parmarine Ltd, Part Construction AB, PKL Group (UK) Ltd, Premier Composites Ltd, Premier Modular Limited, Rollalong Ltd, Shepherd Building Group Ltd, Sterchele SpA, Taplanes Ltd, The McAvoy Group Ltd, Walker Modular Ltd and more.