Product Code: 1212
Questions Covered in the report:
- What are the current B2C E-Commerce sales in South Korea and how are they forecasted to develop in the future?
- How does South Korea compare to other major B2C E-Commerce markets globally and in Asia-Pacific?
- What is South Korea's share of global online retail and how is it expected to change?
- How is the share of online retail in total retail sales predicted to change in the next several years?
- What are some of the main trends in B2C E-Commerce in South Korea?
South Korea is Forecasted to Maintain Its Position as Asia's Leader in Online Share of Retail Sales
South Korea is one of the most attractive B2C E-Commerce markets worldwide, ranking in the top 10 by B2C E-Commerce sales globally and third in its region, after China and Japan. It is also one of the world's leaders in mobile commerce, with one third of smartphone users making purchases on their devices at least once a week, as of last year. With triple-digit growth rates, M-Commerce's share of online retail sales amounted to one third in 2014.
Overall B2C E-Commerce in South Korea is predicted to grow at lower rates than M-Commerce, but still ahead of below the 5% annual growth rate forecasted for total retail in the country in the next few years. Selected major primary sources concur on the average annual rate of around 10%. Due to high discrepancy in growth rates of total and online retail, the share of the latter is predicted to grow still further, already being the highest of the Asia's top 3.
Among the companies prospering South Korea's online shopping boom are merchants such as SK Planet, CJ O Shopping and GS Home Shopping. Also eBay retains a significant share of the online retail market and other foreign-based E-Commerce merchants benefit from the cross-border trend, with the number of orders from overseas increasing over the past few years.
- CJ O Shopping
- GS Home Shopping
- SK Planet
- Ebay Korea
- Hyundai Home Shopping Network Corp
- Woori Home Shopping
For individual Market Report purchases:
- 1. A “Single User License” means that only one (1) individually named user of an organization shall be entitled to access the report
- 2. A “Site License” means that up to ten (10) users within a given geographical location (i.e. country) of an organization shall be entitled to access the report
- 3. A “Global Site License” means that up to ten (10) worldwide users of an organization shall be entitled to access the report
In all cases, the term “organization” refers to the purchaser's specific company only and excludes any third parties, including affiliates. All purchases are bound by yStats.com GmbH & Co. KG official terms & Conditions.
Table of Contents
1. Management Summary
2. Market Overview and International Comparisons
- B2C E-Commerce Market Overview and International Comparisons, June 2015
- Share of 8 Leading B2C E-Commerce Markets of Global B2C E-Commerce Sales, by Country and Total, in %, 2015f & 2018f
- CAGR of B2C E-Commerce Sales of 8 Leading B2C E-Commerce Markets, in %, by Minimum and Maximum CAGR Forecast, by Country, 2015f – 2018f
- B2C E-Commerce Share of Total Retail Sales in 8 Leading B2C E-Commerce Markets, by Country, in %, 2015f & 2018f
- B2C E-Commerce Sales, in USD billion, and Share of Total Retail in the Respective Country, in %, by China, Japan and South Korea, 2014 & 2019f
3. Overview of B2C E-Commerce Sales & Shares Forecasts
- Overview of B2C E-Commerce Sales Forecasts, in USD billion, by Comparative Estimates, Ranked by CAGR, 2013 – 2019f
- B2C E-Commerce Share of Total Retail Sales, in %, by Official Statistics, 2014, and Comparative Estimates & Forecasts, 2013 – 2019f
- Share of Global B2C E-Commerce Sales, in %, 2015f & 2018f
4. B2C E-Commerce Sales Forecasts
- B2C E-Commerce Sales, in KRW trillion, and in % Year-on-Year Change, 2012 – 2015f
- B2C E-Commerce Sales, in USD billion, 2013 & 2018f
- B2C E-Commerce Sales, in USD billion, and in % Year-on-Year Change, 2013 – 2018f
- B2C E-Commerce Sales, in USD billion, 2009, 2014 & 2019f