Product Code: 1240
Russia's B2C E-Commerce market grows despite the economic turmoil
Russia is one of the largest B2C E-Commerce markets in the world. In 2014, it ranked ninth worldwide, fourth in Europe and second among the BRIC countries in terms of online retail sales, according to yStats.com's findings. Despite the economic crisis, Russia is predicted to see B2C E-Commerce sales grow at double-digit rates and maintain the mentioned global rankings in the foreseeable future. Though overall retail sales are in a decline and consumer confidence is at an all-time low, the B2C E-Commerce market in Russia still has room for growth due to its untapped potential.
Though Russia's online audience is the largest in Europe, Internet penetration was only at two-thirds of the adult population as of mid-2015, yStats.com's report shows. Online shopper penetration has even more room for development, as only about a quarter of Internet users made purchases online last year. Interestingly, while Internet user penetration tends to be higher in the Central and North-Western regions of Russia, which include the country's two largest cities, and lower in its other regions, in terms of online shopper penetration, Russia's Far East and the Ural regions come close to matching the central areas. Furthermore, B2C E-Commerce's share of total retail sales amounted to a small one-digit percentage share in 2014, also indicating potential for future growth.
The growth trend is supported by evidence from the top online retailers in Russia, such as mass merchants Ozon and Ulmart, clothing merchants KupiVip and Lamoda, electronics and appliances stores M.Video, Eldorado and Svyaznoy, who reported sales increase in 2014 and expect further increase in 2015. On the other hand, there have also been noticeable market exits in late 2014 and 2015, including the closure of the online marketplace and auction Molotok.ru, children's goods store Mamagazin.ru, and electronics merchant Utinet.ru. Furthermore, according to yStats.com's report, a significant and growing share of B2C E-Commerce sales in Russia are due to cross-border import, especially from China, with both AliExpress and JD.com operating Russian versions of their websites to tap the growing demand.
- Countries Covered: Russia
- Pages: 71
Questions Covered in the report:
- How large is the B2C E-Commerce market in Russia and what is its growth potential?
- What is Russia's B2C E-Commerce rank worldwide, in Europe and among the BRIC economies?
- How high is online shopper penetration in Russia and how does it differ among various regions and socio-demographic groups?
- Which payment and delivery methods do online shoppers in Russia prefer?
- Who are the leading B2C E-Commerce players in Russia?
- 220 Volt
- Komus (KOMYC)
For individual Market Report purchases:
- 1. A “Single User License” means that only one (1) individually named user of an organization shall be entitled to access the report
- 2. A “Site License” means that up to ten (10) users within a given geographical location (i.e. country) of an organization shall be entitled to access the report
- 3. A “Global Site License” means that up to ten (10) worldwide users of an organization shall be entitled to access the report
In all cases, the term “organization” refers to the purchaser's specific company only and excludes any third parties, including affiliates. All purchases are bound by yStats.com GmbH & Co. KG official terms & Conditions.
Table of Contents
1. Management Summary
2. Overview & International Comparisons
- B2C E-Commerce Overview and International Comparisons, December 2015
- Top 10 Countries Worldwide by Retail E-Commerce Sales, incl. Russia, in USD billion, and in % CAGR, 2013 – 2018f
- B2C E-Commerce Sales in the BRIC Countries, by Country, incl. Russia, in USD billion, 2009, 2014 & 2019f
- B2C E-Commerce Share of Total Retail Sales in the BRIC Countries, by Country, incl. Russia, in %, 2014 & 2019f
- Internet Penetration in the BRIC Countries, by Country, incl. Russia, in % of Population, 2014
- Breakdown of B2C E-Commerce Sales in Europe, by Country, incl. Russia, 2014
- Breakdown of Europe's Internet Audience, by Top 5 Countries, incl. Russia, and Others, in %, May 2015
- B2C E-Commerce Sales, by Selected Countries in Eastern Europe, incl. Russia, in EUR billion, 2014
- B2C E-Commerce Trends Overview, December 2015
- Cross-Border B2C/C2C E-Commerce Imports, in RUB billion, 2013, 2014 & 2015f
- Cross-Border E-Commerce Statistics, incl. Number of Orders by Location and Platform, Number of Parcels and Average Check, 2013 & 2014
- Cross-Border Imports Share of Total B2C/C2C E-Commerce Sales in Russia, in %, 2013 & 2014
- Cross-Border Online Shopper Penetration, in % of Online Shoppers, 2013 & 2014e
- Breakdown of Cross-Border B2C/C2C E-Commerce Imports, in %, 2014
- Breakdown of Online Purchases by Device Used, in % of Online Shoppers, 2014
- Mobile Shopper Penetration, in % of Smartphone Owners, by Size of City of Location, 2014
- Smartphone User Penetration and Mobile Shopper Penetration, in % of Online Shoppers, by Age Group and Total, October 2015
- M-Commerce Channels Used, by Online Shop's Website, Website and Application, Mobile Application, in % of Mobile Shoppers, by Age Group and Total, October 2015
- Penetration of Webrooming and Showrooming, in % of Online Shoppers, 2014
- Breakdown of B2C E-Commerce Sales by Regions, in %, 2013 & 2014
4. Sales & Shares
- Historic B2C E-Commerce Sales, in RUB billion, by Comparative Estimates, 2009 – 2014
- B2C E-Commerce Sales Forecasts, in RUB billion, by Comparative Estimates, 2014 – 2019f
- B2C E-Commerce Share of Total Retail Sales, in %, by Comparative Estimates, 2014 – 2020f
5. Users & Shoppers
- Monthly Internet Audience, in millions and in % of Adult Population, Summer 2011 – Summer 2015
- Breakdown of Monthly Internet Audience, by Region, in millions and in %, Summer 2015
- Number of Online Shoppers, in millions and in % of Internet Users, 2013 & 2014
- Breakdown of Online Shoppers by Age Group, by Male and Female, November 2014
- Online Shopper Penetration, by Gender, Age Group and Location Type, in % of Internet Users in the Relevant Group, November 2014
- Online Shopper Penetration, by Region, in % of Internet Users, November 2014
- Product Categories Purchased Online, by Gender and Location Type, in % of Online Shoppers in the Relevant Group, November 2014
- Product Categories Purchased Online, in % of Online Shoppers, 2013 & 2014
- Top Online Retail Categories by Audience Reach, in million Unique Visitors, July 2015
- B2C E-Commerce Sales by Product Categories, in RUB billion, 2013 & 2014
- Breakdown of B2C E-Commerce Sales of Electronics and Appliances, by Product Sub-Categories, in %, and Year-on-Year Change in B2C E-Commerce Sales, H1 2015
- Payment Methods Used in Online Shopping, in % of Online Shoppers, 2013 & 2014
- Payment Methods Used in Online Shopping, in % of Online Shoppers, 2011 - 2014
- Online Payment Methods Offered, in % of E-Commerce Websites, Q1 2014 & Q1 2015
- Breakdown of B2C E-Commerce Orders by Delivery Methods, in %, 2013 & 2014
- Delivery Methods Used in Online Shopping, by Used in Last Online Purchase and Used in the Previous 12 Months, in % of Online Shoppers, 2014
- Overview of Delivery Methods Offered by Top 5 Online Shops by Website Traffic, October 2015
- B2C E-Commerce Players Overview, December 2015
- Top 10 E-Commerce Websites, by Website Rank, incl. Website Visits, Share of Traffic from Russia, Time Spent on Website, Page Views and Bounce Rate, November 2015
- Number of Online Stores, in thousands, 2010 – 2014
- Top 10 Online Shops Purchased from, in % of Online Shoppers, 2014 & 2015
- Top 20 Online Shops, Ranked by Sales, incl. E-Commerce Sales, in RUB billion, Number of Orders, in thousands, Average Check, in RUB, and Main Product Category, H1 2015
- Company Profile of OOO Exist, December 2015
- Company Profile of ZAO Ulmart, December 2015
- Company Profile of OOO Wildberries, December 2015