Product Code: WI0012FR
The report provides market analysis and insights, including:
- Insights on the HNW VC/AI market and the prevailing trends in each region.
- Insight into investment focal-points of VCs and AIs by industry.
- Analysis of the key trends, drivers and challenges that affect angel investors and venture capitalists, and a focus on the role of various entities in the VC/AI market.
- The report is based on a unique analysis of WealthInsight's proprietary HNWI database which comprises 95,000 individuals and focuses on four regions: the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Middle East and Africa.
Venture Capital (VC) and Angel Investments (AI) are rapidly becoming an investment of choice for high net worth individuals (HNWIs), as the two investment types account for an ever-increasing percentage of HNW portfolios globally.
Economically developed countries such as the US, the UK, Israel, Germany and France account for most of the world's VC/AI firms. However, the number of VC/AI firms in emerging markets is expected to increase significantly over the forecast period (2014-2018), as a result of declining opportunities in developed markets, and the rapid pace of economic growth in emerging markets.
Innovation in technology, newer technologies and the distribution of new technologies are expected to garner significant investment from angel investors and venture capitalists between 2014 and 2018.
Innovation is not expected to be limited to the information, communication and technology (ICT) industry. Significant interest is being shown by entrepreneurs and governments alike in developed markets in sustainable energy startups. As a result, increasing investment is expected in renewable energy sectors such as solar and wind power.
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the HNW AI/VC market and the opportunities it holds for wealth management firms. It includes examples and case studies on innovative methods of improving AI/VC funding and improving the success rate of startups.
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the global HNW AI and VC markets in terms of age group, gender and wealth band, and provides information on the major markets.
- The report analyzes the drivers that are propelling the VC/AI market around the world, and examines market drivers for the four regions.
- The report provides an insight on the investment attractiveness of each region and provides a brief on the role of various institutions in improving VC/AI funding.
Reasons To Buy
- Take strategic business decisions using information that depicts the emergence of angel funding as a viable investment option among HNWIs.
- Understand the factors that affect the investment decision-making processes of HNW VCs and AIs.
- Understand a region's current economic and regulatory environments and be informed about the various regional factors working for and against the angel investment market.
- Identify top VC/AI markets globally and in all the regions studied.
Table of Contents
LIST OF TABLES
LIST OF FIGURES
- 1.1. What is this Report About?
- 1.2. Definitions
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Snapshot
- 3.1. The VC/AI Market - A Snapshot
- 3.2. Market Attractiveness for Angel investors
- 3.3. Global Angel Investment and Venture Capital Investment Trends
- 3.4. Findings from the HNWI database
- 3.5. Case Study: Tiger of Money - the Startup Game
- 3.6. Case Study: Innovation Warehouse - One-Stop Solution
- 3.7. Roles of Various Entities in Improving the Private Equity Market
4. Key Drivers for the Angel Investment Market
- 4.1. The Americas
- 4.2. Asia-Pacific
- 4.3. Europe
- 4.4. The Middle East and Africa
5. Current Trends in the Angel Investment Market
- 5.1. The Americas
- 5.2. Asia-Pacific
- 5.3. Europe
- 5.4. The Middle East and Africa
6. Key Challenges in the Angel Investment Market
- 6.1. The Americas
- 6.2. Asia-Pacific
- 6.3. Europe
- 6.4. The Middle East & Africa
7. About WealthInsight
List of Tables
- Table 1: HNWI Wealth Band and Group Definitions
- Table 2: Angel Investments by Industry Sector in the US, 2012
- Table 3: US Employment due to Business Angels, 2012
- Table 4: Angel Investments by Sector in Latin America, 2012
- Table 5: Female Contributions in the US Angel Investment Market (%), 2008-2012
- Table 6: Shares of Angel Investments in Australia by Sector (%), 2013
- Table 7: VC Investments in India by Volume (%), 2012
- Table 8: Business Angel Network Investments in Europe (EUR Million), 2008-2012
- Table 9: Shares of Angel Investments in Europe by Sector (%), 2013
- Table 10: Angel Investor Populations in EBAN by Country, 2013 48
- Table 11: Shares of Angel Investments in the Middle East by Country (%), 2012
- Table 12: VC investments in the Middle East and Africa (Volume), 2012
- Table 13: PE investments in the Middle East and Africa (Volume), 2012
- Table 14: VC Exit Opportunities in the Middle East (Volume), 2012
List of Figures
- Figure 1: The VC/AI Market - A Snapshot
- Figure 2: Global Snapshot of the Investment Market, 2014
- Figure 3: HNW VC/AI Individuals by Age Group (%), 2014
- Figure 4: HNW VC/AI Individuals by Gender (%), 2014
- Figure 5: HNW VC/AI Individuals by Wealth Band (%), 2014
- Figure 6: Global HNW VC/AI Market by Region (%), 2014
- Figure 7: Regional Shares of HNW VC/AI National Populations (%), 2014
- Figure 8: HNW VC/AI Individuals by Nationality as a Share of the Global Population (%), 2014
- Figure 9: HNW VC/AI Firms by Regional Location (%), 2014
- Figure 10: Locations of HNW VC/AI Firms in Developed and Emerging Markets (%), 2014
- Figure 11: Shares of Angel Investors Investing through a Primary Company (%), 2014
- Figure 12: Percentage Shares of HNW VC/AIs Investing in the Same Industry (%), 2014
- Figure 13: HNW VC/AIs in the Americas by Age Group (%), 2014
- Figure 14: HNW VC/AIs in the Americas by Wealth Band (%), 2014
- Figure 15: HNW VC/AIs in the Americas by Gender, 2014
- Figure 16: HNW VC/AIs in Asia-Pacific by Age Group (%), 2014
- Figure 17: HNW VC/AIs in Asia-Pacific by Wealth Band (%), 2014
- Figure 18: HNW VC/AIs in Asia-Pacific by Gender (%), 2014
- Figure 19: HNW Angel Investors in Europe by Age Group, 2014
- Figure 20: HNW Angel Investors in Europe by Wealth Band (%), 2014
- Figure 21: HNW VC/AIs in Europe by Gender (%), 2014
- Figure 22: HNW VC/AIs in the Middle East and Africa by Age Group (%), 2014
- Figure 23: HNW VC/AIs in the Middle East and Africa by Wealth Band (%), 2014
- Figure 24: HNW VC/AIs in the Middle East and Africa by Gender (%), 2014