As the oil and gas industry faces the worst downturn in the last three decades, inventory tank gauge (ITG) suppliers that depend on serving this vertical find it challenging to meet their revenue goals. Inventory tank gauges are devices used to determine the levels of materials being stored within the container or tanks. The recent proliferation of radar-based sensors for various types of liquid measurement applications has limited the addressable market for other electronic and mechanical sensors.
This report analyzes the emerging trends for the global electronic and mechanical inventory tank gauge sensor market across regions, vertical markets, and technology segments. This report is based on detailed supplier surveys conducted by VDC, followed by in-depth phone interviews and secondary research validating the preliminary findings. Contents of this report include comprehensive assessments of the market size by product segment, region, and vertical markets as well as additional analyses of the future outlook and areas of opportunities within the inventory tank gauge market.
What questions are addressed?
- How should suppliers strategically position themselves for future revenue capture?
- Which vertical markets will offer the most growth? What type of product aligns best?
- How do existing customers anticipate their needs to evolve over the next few years?
- What are the fundamental differences across different geographic regions?
- Are there any technology trends to anticipate?
Table of Contents
Inside This Report
Global Market Overview
- Market Estimates & Forecast: Supplier Revenue for Base Year Actual (2015) & Forecasts (2016-2020)
- Recent Developments
- Wireless-Enabled ITG Sensors
- SIL Overfill Rated ITG Sensors
- Market Estimate & Forecasts by Product Categories
- Microwave/Radar non-contact
- Microwave/Radar contact
- Hydrostatic Tank Gauging (HTG)
- Float & Tape
- Market Estimates & Forecast by Geography
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East/Africa
- Asia Pacific
Vertical Market Forecasts
- Market Estimates & Forecast by Vertical Market
- Electric Power
- Food & Beverage
- Gas & Petroleum
- Pharma / Bio Tech
- Pulp & Paper
- Water / Wastewater
- Sales Organizations (Including Inside Sales, Manufacturer's Reps, etc.)
- Customer Classes (Including OEMs, Systems Integrators, etc.)
- Market Estimates & Forecasts Segmented by Leading Vendors
- Schneider Electric
About VDC Research
LIST OF EXHIBITS
- Exhibit 1: Worldwide Shipments of Electronic and Mechanical ITG Sensors 2015-2020
- Exhibit 2: Worldwide Shipments for Wireless-Enabled Electronic and Mechanical ITG Sensors
- Exhibit 3: Worldwide Shipments for SIL Overfill Rated Electronic and Mechanical ITG Sensors
- Exhibit 4: Worldwide Shipments of Electronic and Mechanical ITG Sensors, by Technology
- Exhibit 5: Worldwide Shipments of Electronic and Mechanical ITG Sensors, by Geographic Region
- Exhibit 6: Worldwide Shipments of Electronic and Mechanical ITG Gauging, by Vertical Market
- Exhibit 7: Worldwide Shipments of Electronic and Mechanical ITG Sensors, by Sales Organization
- Exhibit 8: Worldwide Shipments of Electronic and Mechanical ITG Sensors, by Customer Class
- Exhibit 9: Worldwide Shipments of Electronic and Mechanical ITG, by Leading Vendors