Partner with VDC and have ongoing access to the analysts, research, and
other services you need to drive profitable growth. Formulate strategies based
upon data, analyses, and insights from the leader in Industrial Automation &
Sensors market coverage.
Opportunities to be addressed in our ongoing coverage of the Global Position
Sensor market include the following:
- Although often cheaper initially, contact sensors usually have a higher
TCO due to the high cost of labor & downtime over the long run. The enemy is
wear and tear out in the field or factory, from exposure to extreme
temperature, dust, moisture, vibration and other environmental factors. Newer,
non-contact technology using optics, lasers, sonar or radar may be the better
solution, particularly in harsher environments. How will both contact and
non-contact market opportunities evolve?
- With industrial development widespread in Asia-Pacific, Latin America and
the Middle East, the market for position, temperature, pressure and level
gauges and sensors should experience rapid growth in these regions over the
next several years. In many cases new factories are being built with the most
up-to-date technology including wireless networking and industrial wire-line
networks there is no legacy to replace, so customers are likely to deploy new
- New applications of position sensors in oil & gas, medical equipment,
pharmaceutical manufacturing will help fuel industry growth. In North
America, sales of position and level sensors to the North Dakota oil fields
has been robust in the past two years. In the pharmaceutical industry, very
precise process control is required, creating a growth opportunity for
position sensors and limit switches. Medical uses include remote surgery, and
accurate patient positioning for imaging systems.
Strategic Insights 2013: The Global Market for Position Sensors includes
changes in coverage, deliverables and other program elements that make it more
valuable than ever. Individuals at all levels of the organization, from
product managers up to C-level executives can leverage VDC's research and
other services to gain a competitive edge.
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2013-2018 by Product Category, Vertical
Market, Region, and Distribution Channel
- Competitive Position, Share, and Analysis
- Customer Requirements, Preferences, and Investment Plans
- Position Sensor Deployment Trends and Outlook
- Analysis of Key Issues, Forces, and Developments
- Technology/Solution Type
- Linear Displacement Sensors
- Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA)
- Primary Vertical Markets
- Packaging Equipment
- Machine Tools
- Electronics/Semiconductor Mfg.
- Food and Beverage
- Material Handling
- Aerospace & Defense
- Primary Distribution Channels
- Direct to End User
- Direct to OEM
- Indirect Dealer/Distributor
- Indirect VAR/Systems Integrator
- Other (such as Direct Market Resellers, Online, Reverse Auctions)
Customize Your Annual Subscription
Clients of VDC's Strategic Insights 2013: The Global Market for Position
Sensors can create a customized package of annual deliverables drawn from
the following major program elements.
A hard-hitting bi-monthly analysis of key trends in the Industrial Automation
& Sensor marketplace. All clients of Strategic Insights 2013: The Global
Market for Data Acquisitions Solutions automatically receive VDC Views.
Direct Analyst Access
The ability to directly engage with our renowned analyst for their advice and
commentary on key decisions and issues facing your business. Clients can
select the amount of Direct Analyst Access time they would like to purchase.
For all major market segments within the Data Acquisition market, VDC offers
i2 Reports, which include the most important ideas and insights developed by
our Analysts though their analyses of a particular market segment.
Extensive datasets in user-friendly Excel format for your convenience.
Lead Gen Support
Clients can partner with VDC by having us develop and / or deliver content for
webcasts and whitepapers to support their annual lead generation efforts.
2013 Coverage Roadmap
TRACK 2: Position Sensor Market Analysis
Written for those making critical decisions about product, market, channel,
and competitive strategy and tactics. Topical coverage consists of multiple
deliverables, with deep and rich datasets based upon extensive primary
research. Coverage varies by region and includes a combination of market
sizing, segmentation, forecasting, end-user requirements analysis, competitive
analysis, and more.
- Topic 2: Position Sensors: Linear Displacement Sensors: Market Analysis..........Q4 2013
Track 2: Position Sensor Market Analysis
Topic 2: Linear Displacement Sensors
This research analyzes the key strategic issues, trends, and market drivers
for linear displacement sensors, including encoders, inductive, laser, LVDT,
and magnetostrictive. The report includes a discussion of the leading vendors,
an in-depth analysis of the market, five-year forecasts, and recommendations
for the best growth opportunities. Detailed analysis is provided by technology
types, end-user industries, application environments, distribution channels,
Examples of Critical Issues to Be Addressed
- How can suppliers employ more effective tactical and strategic sales and
marketing efforts to better compete and thrive?
- Which markets and applications present the best near-term opportunities
for suppliers based on customer priorities and plans?
- What do customers cite as the most powerful regulatory, cost management
,and performance improvement factors for investing in position sensing today?
- What enabling technologies and features are end users, OEMs, and their
customers looking for? What is the purchase decision process?
- How will customers' broader product and vendor selection criteria change
this yea? What will these changes mean for suppliers' position and share?
Bob Kraus Vice President, Industrial Automation & Sensors.
Bob Kraus is an experienced B2B market research executive with a track record
of delivering impactful product research for leading global technology
organizations such as Intel, Microsoft, SAP, Oracle and Adobe. Prior to his
role at VDC Research, Bob was the Vice President of Research and Data
Analytics for Gartner Group where he led major primary research efforts for
all of the IT markets that they cover. Bob also enhanced and maintained
Gartner's IT maturity models. He was Vice President of Quantitative Research
for AMR Research covering supply chain and manufacturing markets. He was
Research Director for International Planning and Research Group. Bob began his
career with IBM as a reliability engineer and held senior positions at both
Digital Equipment Corporation and Bay Networks. He holds an MS from the
University of Rhode Island and a BS from the University of Vermont.
Table of Contents
- Linear Displacement Capacitance Sensors
- Exhibit 1: Vendor Market Share for Linear Displacement Capacitance Sensors (US $M)
- Inductive Linear Encoders
- Exhibit 2: Vendor Market Share for Inductive Linear Encoders (US $M)
- Magnetic Linear Encoders
- Exhibit 3: Vendor Market Share for Magnetic Linear Encoders (US $M)
- Optical Linear Encoders
- Exhibit 4: Vendor Market Share for Optical Linear Encoders (US $M)
- Inductive Linear Displacement Sensors
- Exhibit 5: Vendor Market Share for Inductive Linear Displacement Sensors (US $M)
- Laser Interferometry Sensors
- Exhibit 6: Vendor Market Share for Inductive Laser Interferometry Sensors (US $M)
- Laser Triangulation Sensors
- Exhibit 7: Vendor Market Share for Laser Triangulation Sensors (US $M)
- Potentiometric Conductive Film Sensors
- Exhibit 8: Vendor Market Share for Potentiometric Conductive Film Sensors (US $M)
- Potentiometric Wire Wound (Rheostat) Sensors
- Exhibit 9: Vendor Market Share for Potentiometric Wire Wound (Rheostat) Sensors (US $M)
- Exhibit 10: Vendor Market Share for LVDTs (US $M)
- Magnetostrictive Sensors
- Exhibit 11: Vendor Market Share for Magnetostrictive Sensors (US $M)
- Ultrasonic Linear Displacement Sensors
- Exhibit 12: Vendor Market Share for Ultrasonic Linear Displacement Sensors (US $M)