Product Code: 9301
Naphthalene is an aromatic organic compound, derived from crude oil or coal tar during steel production. Since 1990, major industry players have been using coal tar for producing naphtha instead of crude oil. In India, naphthalene is majorly used in pharmaceutical, textiles, chemicals and construction industries. However, due to limited production base, India largely relies on imports for addressing the demand of naphtha in these industries. In India, naphthalene is not directly produced by a company. Rather, it is extracted by distillation of coal tar, a major by-product of steel industry in India. In general, distillation of coal tar leads to production of around 8-10% naphthalene by volume. Despite these challenges, the demand for naphthalene in India is increasing at a rapid pace on account of growing textile exports, increasing use of naphtha in construction industry and rising production of sulfonated naphthalene formaldehyde, which is added to construction chemicals.
According to “India Naphthalene Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2019” , India's naphthalene market is expected to witness high double-digit growth at a CAGR 18% during 2014-19. Textile industry is the leading end-user industry for naphthalene in India. In 2013, Steel Authority of India Limited was the single largest naphthalene producer in the country. Over the forecast period, the company is expected to continue dominating, holding the largest market share in volume terms in the overall market. Other small scale players that are engaged in producing naphtha in India include AVH chemicals, Kedia Carbon, etc.
“India Naphthalene Market Forecast & Opportunities, 2019” discusses the following aspects related to Naphthalene market in India.
- India Naphthalene Market Size, Share & Forecast
- Market Drivers & Challenges
- Import & Export Analysis
- Changing Market Trends & Emerging Opportunities
- Competitive Landscape & Strategic Recommendations
Why You Should Buy This Report
- To gain an in-depth understanding of Naphthalene market in India.
- To identify the on-going trends and anticipated growth in the next five years
- To help industry consultants, naphthalene manufacturers and other stakeholders align their market-centric strategies
- To obtain research based business decisions and add weight to presentations and marketing material
- To avail 10% customization in the report without any extra charges and get the research data or trends added in the report as per the buyer's specific needs
Table of Contents
1. Research Methodology
2. Analyst View
3. Naphthalene Market Overview
4. India Naphthalene Market Outlook
- 4.1. Market Size & Forecast
- 4.1.1. By Volume
- 4.1.2. By Value
- 4.2. Market Share & Forecast
- 4.2.1. By Application
- 4.2.2. By Type
- 4.2.3. By Company
5. Market Dynamics
6. Recent Industry Trend
- 6.1. Volatility in Trade Dynamics of Naphthalene
7. India Economic Profile
8. Competitive Landscape
- 8.1. Steel Authority of India Ltd.
- 8.2. AVH Pvt Ltd.
- 8.3. Palriwal Industries Pvt Ltd.
- 8.4. Kedia Carbon Pvt. Ltd.
9. Strategic Recommendations
10. About Us & Disclaimer
List of Figures
- Figure 1: India Naphthalene Market Size, By Volume, 2009-2019F (in ‘000 Metric Tons)
- Figure 2: India Total Steel Production (Million Metric Tons)
- Figure 3: India Naphthalene Market Size, By Value, 2009-2019F (USD Million)
- Figure 4: India Naphthalene Market Share, By Application, By Volume, 2013
- Figure 5: India Naphthalene Market Share, By Application, By Volume, 2019F
- Figure 6: India Naphthalene Market Share, By Type, By Volume, 2013
- Figure 7: India Naphthalene Market Share, By Type, By Volume, 2019F
- Figure 8: India Crude Naphthalene Imports, By Volume, 2008-2013 (MT)
- Figure 9: India Hot Pressed Naphthalene Imports, By Volume, 2008-2013 (MT)
- Figure 10: India Naphthalene Market Share, By Company, By Volume, 2013
- Figure 11: India Naphthalene Market Share, By Application, By Volume, 2019F
- Figure 12: India Sulfonated Naphthalene Formaldehyde Exports, By Volume 2009-13 (MT)
- Figure 13: India Textile Exports, By Value, 2004-11 (USD Billion)
- Figure 14: India Coal Tar Imports, 2008-2013 (MT)
- Figure 15: India Naphthalene Average Selling Price, 2009-2019 (USD/MT)
- Figure 16: India Naphthalene Imports, By Volume, 2008-2013 (MT)
- Figure 17: India Naphthalene Exports, By Volume, 2008-2013 (MT)
- Figure 18: SAIL Mine Expansion Projects during 2013-14 (MTPA)
List of Tables
- Table 1: Major Physical Properties of Naphthalene
- Table 2: India Coal Tar Production, By Major Players (Metric Tons)
- Table 3: Naphthalene Value Chain Analysis
- Table 4: Alternative Ingredients for Naphthalene & Allied Products
- Table 5: Custom Duty on Naphthalene in India
- Table 6: SAIL Financial Information