Product Code: IS0051RR
Timetric's 'Governance, Risk and Compliance - The UK Insurance Industry' report is the result of extensive research into the insurance regulatory framework in UK.
It provides detailed analysis of the insurance regulations for life, property, motor, liability, personal accident and health, and marine, aviation and transit insurance. The report specifies various requirements for the establishment and operation of insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries.
The report brings together Timetric's research, modeling and analysis expertise, giving insurers access to information on prevailing insurance regulations, and recent and upcoming changes in the regulatory framework, taxation and legal system in the country. The report also includes the scope of non-admitted insurance in the country.
The report provides insights into the governance, risk and compliance framework pertaining to the insurance industry in the UK, including:
- An overview of the insurance regulatory framework in the UK.
- The latest key changes, and changes expected in the country's insurance regulatory framework.
- Key regulations and market practices related to different types of insurance product in the country.
- Rules and regulations pertaining to key classes of compulsory insurance, and the scope of non-admitted insurance in the UK.
- Key parameters including licensing requirements, permitted foreign direct investment, minimum capital requirements, solvency and reserve requirements, and investment regulations.
- Details of the tax and legal systems in the country.
- The report covers details of the insurance regulatory framework in the UK.
- The report contains details of the rules and regulations governing insurance products and entities.
- The report lists and analyzes key trends and developments pertaining to the country's insurance regulatory framework.
- The report analyzes the rules and regulations pertaining to the establishment and operation of insurance businesses in the country.
- The report provides details of taxation imposed on insurance products and companies.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain insights into the insurance regulatory framework in the UK.
- Track the latest regulatory changes, and expected changes impacting the UK insurance industry.
- Gain detailed information about the key regulations governing the establishment and operation of insurance entities in the country.
- Understand key regulations and market practices pertaining to various types of insurance product.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. What is this Report About?
- 1.2. Definitions
2. Governance, Risk and Compliance
- 2.1. Legislation Overview and Historical Evolution
- 2.2. Latest Regulatory Changes
- 2.3. Legislation and Market Practice by Type of Insurance
- 2.3.1. Life insurance
- 2.3.2. Property insurance
- 2.3.3. Motor insurance
- 2.3.4. Liability insurance
- 2.3.5. Marine, aviation and transit insurance
- 2.3.6. Personal accident and health insurance
- 2.4. Compulsory Insurance
- 2.4.1. Employer's liability insurance
- 2.4.2. Motor third-party liability insurance
- 2.4.3. Merchant shipping compulsory insurance
- 2.4.4. National Insurance Scheme
- 2.4.5. Professional indemnity insurance
- 2.4.6. Air carriers and aircraft operators insurance
- 2.4.7. Clinical trials liability insurance
- 2.4.8. Liability for ships with respect to oil pollution
- 2.5. Supervision and Control
- 2.5.1. International Association of Insurance Supervisors
- 2.5.2. European Insurance and Occupational Pensions Authority
- 2.5.3. Prudential Regulation Authority
- 2.5.4. Financial Conduct Authority
- 2.6. Non-Admitted Insurance Regulations
- 2.6.1. Overview
- 2.6.2. Intermediaries
- 2.6.3. Market practices
- 2.6.4. Fines and penalties
- 2.7. Company Registration and Operations
- 2.7.1. Types of insurance organization
- 2.7.2. Establishing a local company
- 2.7.3. Foreign ownership
- 2.7.4. Types of license
- 2.7.5. Capital requirements
- 2.7.6. Solvency margins
- 2.7.7. Reserve requirements
- 2.7.8. Investment regulations
- 2.7.9. Statutory return requirements
- 2.7.10. Fee structure
- 2.8. Taxation
- 2.8.1. Insurance premium or policy taxation
- 2.8.2. Withholding taxes on premium paid overseas
- 2.8.3. Corporate tax
- 2.8.4. VAT
- 2.8.5. Captives
- 2.9. Legal System
- 2.9.1. Introduction
- 2.9.2. Access to court
- 2.9.3. Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)
- 3.1. Methodology
- 3.2. Contact Timetric
- 3.3. About Timetric
- 3.4. Timetric's Services
- 3.5. Disclaimer
List of Tables
- Table 1: Insurance Industry Definitions
- Table 2: The UK - Insurance Regulatory Framework Key Features
- Table 3: The UK - Life Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Table 4: The UK - Property Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Table 5: The UK - Motor Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Table 6: The UK - Liability Insurance Regulatory Framework
- Table 7: The UK - Benefits Under National Insurance Scheme
- Table 8: The UK - Minimum Cover for Aircraft Third-Party Liability per Accident per Aircraft
- Table 9: The UK - Corporate Tax Rates for the Financial Year 2016
- Table 10: The UK - VAT Rates in UK for Insurance Products
List of Figures
- Figure 1: The UK - The Three Pillars of Solvency II
- Figure 2: The UK - Insurance Supervision and Control at Various Levels
- Figure 3: The UK - Insurance Regulatory Frameworks for Company Registration and Operation