Product Code: D6EA-01-00-00-00
Disruptive Technologies Transforming Traditional Processes to Enable Smart Manufacturing Automation
With new technology advances that are fast evolving, the manufacturing sector is uncovering significant opportunities for improvement. Lean manufacturing, cost reductions, workforce demographics, and increasing importance given to innovation-centric business models are amongst the key factors and trends driving manufacturing providers to look at modern automation solutions. Rapid transformation driven by technology disruptions and investments by incumbents is being witnessed in the manufacturing industry.
This research service identifies the key technologies facilitating disruption in the sector, key participants along with their impact in the market and highlights on convergence scenarios that could possibly emerge and shape the future of manufacturing industry.
In brief, this research service provides the following:
- A brief introduction to manufacturing automation.
- Evolution of Industry 4.0 and its implications.
- Key drivers and challenges that are affecting the manufacturing automation sector.
- Assessment of market needs for manufacturing automation.
- Understanding the key enabling technologies that are enabling digitization in manufacturing.
- How Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT), and Everything-as-a-service (XaaS) can impact and transform manufacturing automation.
- Identifying key participants that can contribute to manufacturing automation including specific case studies.
- Snapshot of emerging technology convergence scenarios and how it will impact manufacturing.
Table of Contents
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 1.1. Research Scope
- 1.2. Key Findings
- 1.3. Research Methodology
2. INTRODUCTION TO MANUFACTURING AUTOMATION
- 2.1. What is Manufacturing Automation?
- 2.2. The Fourth Industrial Revolution
- 2.3. Industry 4 - Vision and its Implications
- 2.4. Market Drivers
- 2.5. Market Drivers Explained
- 2.6. Market Restraints
- 2.7. Market Restraints Explained
- 2.8. Assessment of Market Needs for Manufacturing Automation
3. TECHNOLOGIES ENABLING DIGITIZATION OF MANUFACTURING
- 3.1. Key Enabling Technologies Facilitating Digitization in Manufacturing
- 3.2. How Can Big Data be Used in Manufacturing Automation Process?
- 3.3. Companies at the Forefront of this Market
- 3.4. Optimizing Manufacturing With Big Data Analytics - Case Study Analysis
- 3.5. How Can IoT be Used in Manufacturing Automation?
- 3.6. Companies at the Forefront of this Market
- 3.7. Transforming Manufacturing Operations With IoT - Case Study Analysis
- 3.8. How Can XaaS be Used in Manufacturing Automation?
- 3.9. Companies at the Forefront of this Market
- 3.10. Optimizing Cost in Manufacturing With XaaS - Case Study Analysis
4. TECHNOLOGY CONVERGENCE: ENVISIONING THE FUTURE
- 4.1. Merging Digital and Physical Realities Will Accelerate Operational Excellence
- 4.2. Providing Manufacturing On-demand Through Big Data and 3D Printing
- 4.3. Enabling Smart Engineering Manufacturing
- 4.4. Future Manufacturing Ecosystem
- 4.5. Factories of Future - Expected Features by 2020
5. ANALYST INSIGHTS
6. KEY CONTACTS
- 6.1. Key Contacts
- 6.1. Key Contacts (continued)
- 6.2. Legal Disclaimer
7. THE FROST & SULLIVAN STORY
- 7.1. The Frost & Sullivan Story
- 7.2. Value Proposition: Future of Your Company & Career
- 7.3. Global Perspective
- 7.4. Industry Convergence
- 7.5. 360° Research Perspective
- 7.6. Implementation Excellence
- 7.7. Our Blue Ocean Strategy