This report contains the results of the most comprehensive LED supply model
for the LED Industry.
- The supply data consists of InGaN and GaN LEDs (i.e., blue, green, and
white). For the report when GaN is referred to, it also includes InGaN.
- The analysis consists of specific reactor and configuration data combined
with maintenance, epi yield, chip yield, package yield, and in-spec selection
as well as factory utilization assumptions to drive the capacity figures.
- Capacity is defined as the production capability of a MOCVD tool based on
the Runs/Day calculated using the following:
- Number of wafers per platter
- Cycle Time
- Runs per day is then used to calculate die capacity based on:
- Wafer Size
- Weighted Average Die Size by Application
- Number of Reactors
- Average Utilization and Package Yield
- The installations in Q2'10 were determined by surveying tool makers and
some LED manufacturers.
- Q2'10 installations are based on actual shipments by the tool makers and
Q3'10 is based on reactor orders. The Q4'10 installations are based on
estimating the capacity of the tool makers, assessing their orders and then
combining the totals of the tool makers into a single number without
considering the LED manufacturer.
Table of Contents
- Executive Summary
- Chapter 1 - Metal Organic Chemical Vapor Deposition (MOCVD) Background
- Chapter 2 - Methodology
- Chapter 3 - LED Manufacturing - MOCVD
- Chapter 4 - MOCVD Shipments
- Chapter 5 - Supply/Demand Analysis
- Chapter 6 - LED Manufacturers - Wafer Capacity
- Chapter 7 - LED Manufacturers - Die Capacity
- Chapter 8 - LED Manufacturers - Yielded Die
- Chapter 9 - LED Manufacturers - In-spec (Binned) Die