Nestle has been one of the leading players in the food & beverage industry which has strongly focused on developing and implementing digital and social media strategy. The company is leveraging social media to drive marketing, innovation and leadership potential. Moreover, capitalizing on digital and social media channels, the company is focusing on transforming its operations, going beyond marketing to drive cost and supply chain efficiencies. The company's strategy has redefined dynamics of social media marketing and has raised the benchmarks of effective social media practices.
This report provides detailed data, insights and opinion on digital and social media marketing strategies adopted by Nestle across its global operations. Below is an overview covering scope of this report:
Data & Analysis: This report provides an extensive analysis of Nestle's digital and social media initiatives. Below is a summary of key points:
- It provides insights into digital and social media budget allocation across the company's 10 largest geographic market and top 5 brands.
- It compares Nestle's digital and social media budget allocation strategy with overall food and beverage industry.
- Analyzes how Nestle's digital and social media strategic initiatives are implemented and practiced.
- It provides case examples of innovative digital and social media marketing adopted by Nestle across its global operations.
This report provides in-depth analysis of Nestle's social media strategy with a focus on overall digital goals. This report provides insights on the following 6 modules:
- Digital and Social Media Strategic Imperatives: This module provides insights into Nestle's digital and social media strategic imperatives and a snapshot of the evolution of digital and social media strategies implemented by the company.
- Strategic Insights into Implementing and Executing Digital and Social Media Imperatives: This module provides in-depth analysis on Nestle's digital and social media implementation strategy. It highlights the impact of digital and social media on Nestle from an organizational, cultural, and functional perspective.
- Marketing Budget Allocation: This module provides insights into Nestle's budget allocation strategy towards digital and social media marketing. It provides budget allocation snapshot for Nestle's top 10 geographic markets and top 5 brands. In addition, it also provides breakdown of advertising budget by desktop and mobile.
- Advertising & Targeting Strategies: This module provides detailed analysis on key aspects of Nestle's digital and social media strategy. It analyzes how Nestle implements its social commerce and social network initiatives, and how the company utilizes digital formats and digital channels to achieve its strategic goals.
- Analysis of Nestle's Social Media Strategy by Key Nestle Brands: This module analyzes Nestle's engagement strategies and content on leading social media networks for the company's key brands - Kit Kat, Nescafe, Purina, Maggi, Haagen Dazs.
- Case Examples: This module provides case examples of innovative digital and social media marketing adopted by Nestle across its global operations.
Reasons to Buy
This report answers the following key questions:
- How is Nestle adopting digital and social media within the organization
- What percentage of the company's advertising budget is allocated to digital, mobile based and social media initiatives
- What are the objectives of Nestle's digital and social media strategy, and how it is implementing them
- How is Nestle implementing digital and social media initiatives as a marketing tool
- What is Nestle's consumer engagement model on digital and social media
- How does Nestle measure return on digital and social media investment
- How is Nestle leveraging mobile, social commerce, video, game and display and social networks to achieve its marketing and organizational goals
Table of Contents
1. About this Report
- 1.1. Introduction
- 1.2. Scope
- 1.3. Methodology
- 1.4. Definitions
- 1.5. Disclaimer
2. Nestle's Digital and Social Media Strategic Imperatives
- 2.1. Nestle Digital and Social Media Snapshot
- 2.2. Digital and Social Media Strategic Imperatives
- 2.3. Evolution of Digital and Social Media Strategy
3. Strategic Insights into Implementation Framework
- 3.1. Framework for Implementing Digital and Social Media Imperatives - Four Key Pillars
- 3.2. Digital and Social Media Organizational Structure
- 3.3. Organizational Culture & Leadership Focus
- 3.4. Listening & Engaging
- 3.5. Ensuring Media Productivity
- 3.6. Building Culture & Transformation
4. Nestle Digital and Social Media Marketing Budget Allocation
- 4.1. Digital and Social Media Budget Allocation & Industry Benchmarking
- 4.2. Channel Allocation & Industry Benchmarking - Mobile vs. Desktop
- 4.3. Analysis by Top 10 Markets
- 4.4. Analysis by Top 5 Brands
5. Advertising & Targeting Strategies
- 5.1. Channel Strategy - Online vs. Mobile
- 5.2. Branding & Targeting Strategy
- 5.3. Social Commerce
- 5.4. Product Launch Strategy
- 5.5. Advertising Format Strategy - Video, Gaming, and Display
- 5.6. Social Networking Site Strategy
- 5.7. Content Strategy
6. Analysis of Nestle's Social Media Strategy by Key Nestle Brands
- 6.1. Kit Kat
- 6.2. Nescafe
- 6.3. Maggi
- 6.4. Purina
- 6.5. Haagen Dazs
7. Case Examples -Nestle Way
- 7.1. Kit Kat: Break from Gravity
- 7.2. Nestle Purina US: Purina Happy Wings
- 7.3. Coffee Mate Malaysia: Stir-up Passion
- 7.4. Haagen Dazs: Concerto Timer App
- 7.5. Nestle/Google: Kit Kat - Google Android Partnership
- 7.6. Nestle Drumstick Philippines: Tweet Surprise
- 7.7. Maggi Australia: Fists of Fusian
- 7.8. Nestle India: First 1000 Days
- 7.9. Nestle Philippines: Facebook Loyalty Program
- 7.10. Nestle Nescafe Spain: Galao
- 7.11. Nestle Germany: Nestle Marktplatz
- 7.12. Nestle Water's USA: Nature's Fix
- 7.13. Nestle China: BenNaNa Brings Magic Fun
List of Figure
- 1. Methodology Framework
- 2. Nestle - Social Media Mobile Marketing Effectiveness Index Taxonomy
- 3. Nestle - Company Overview
- 4. Nestle's Strategic Imperatives - Digital and Social Media Channels
- 5. Nestle's Digital and Social Media Evolution
- 6. Nestle Digital & Social Organizational Structure
- 7. Nestle Digital & Social Media Marketing Budget Allocation Strategy - Nestle vs. Industry Average, 2013
- 8. Nestle's Global Digital & Social Media Marketing Budget Allocation for Top 10 Markets
- 9. Nestle Digital & Social Media Marketing Budget Allocation for Top 5 Brands
- 10. Nestle Marketing Budget Channel Allocation Strategy - Nestle vs. Industry Average, 2013
- 11. Nestle Kit Kat Social Media Activity - Analysis by Platform
- 12. Nestle Nescafe Social Media Activity - Analysis by Platform
- 13. Nestle Maggi Social Media Activity - Analysis by Platform
- 14. Nestle Purina Social Media Activity - Analysis by Platform
- 15. Nestle Haagen Dazs Social Media Activity - Analysis by Platform