Product Code: DF6545PR
The existing economic environment is stable for the defense industry, and customer confidence levels will remain positive during H1 2017. Survey results reveal that executives who operate in North America and Asia-Pacific project a more favorable opinion about economic prospects in the region for H1 2017. Increase in consumer spending, expected change in regulatory reforms due to political stability, targeted economic stimulus projects, and post-election tax reforms are expected to drive the growth of the defense industry in the US. The defense industry is expected to record higher expenditure towards new product development, and research and analysis in H1 2017. Moreover, executives who operate in North America highlighted a focus on improving operational efficiency over the next six months.
SDI's Defense Industry Business Confidence Report examines executives' opinion about the business environment during H1 2017. It also highlights existing economic conditions, supplier price variations, sales performance, industry and company growth outlook, spending patterns, and key priorities. Additionally, the report provides information categorized by region.
What else does this report offer?
- Current state of the global economy: examines prevailing economic conditions globally and across various regions
- Company and industry growth outlook: provides industry executives' expectations towards the growth prospects of their company and the industry over the next six months
- Change in customer confidence: analyzes defense industry executives' opinion about the change in customer confidence during H1 2017
- Supplier prices projection: determines expected change in supplier prices across various categories and their impact on business confidence
- Change in staff headcount and sales performance: tracks expected change in staff headcount and sales for H1 2017 among industry executives globally
- Significant investment activities: highlights various areas in which industry executives intend to invest over the next six months
- Business concerns: provides information about potential business concerns indicated by survey respondents for H1 2017
- Key priorities: identifies the top priorities of industry executives operating in various regions
- In total, 52% of survey respondents indicate that the existing economic condition is stable for the defense industry. Additionally, 21% of executives highlight a favorable economic environment.
- The majority of survey respondents are confident about the company and industry growth outlook in H1 2017.
- In total, 47% of survey respondents project a positive or very positive change in customer confidence during H1 2017.
- The majority of respondents operating in North America anticipate an increase of 0.1% to 3.99% in supplier prices for equipment and components in H1 2017.
- Globally, operational efficiency, customer retention, and protecting and growing market share are the most preferred priorities for defense executives over the next six months.
Reasons to buy
- Helps organizations to make effective business strategy decisions by knowing the prevailing business conditions and sentiment within the defense industry
- Organizations will be supported in business expansion decisions by providing information about projected change in sales performance and supplier prices
- Helps to improve operational efficiency of the organization by knowing about key priorities and the main concerns of defense industry executives
- Helps to alter investment allocation by understanding key focus areas highlighted by survey respondents during H1 2017
Table of Contents
- Methodology and sample size
- Respondent profile
Economic state, growth prospects and customer confidence
- Existing economic environment
- Industry and company growth outlook
- Expected change in customer confidence
Supplier prices, staff headcount and sales performance
- Supplier prices expectations
- Anticipated change in staff head count and sales projections
- Anticipated change in spend on key activities
Business concerns and organizational priorities
- Level of concerns and expected impact
- Significance of potential business priorities
List of Figures
- Figure 1: Current economic condition - Overall
- Figure 2: Current economic condition - Region
- Figure 3: Current economic condition - Those who operate and do not operate in a region
- Figure 4: Industry and company growth prospects - Overall
- Figure 5: Industry and company growth prospects - Overall - In detail
- Figure 6: Industry and company growth prospects - Region
- Figure 7: Anticipated variation in customer confidence - Overall
- Figure 8: Anticipated variation in customer confidence - Region
- Figure 9: Projected change in supplier prices - Technology - Overall and regional
- Figure 10: Projected change in supplier prices - Power and Energy - Overall and regional
- Figure 11: Projected change in supplier prices - Equipment and Components - Overall and regional
- Figure 12: Staff headcount and sales outlook - Regional
- Figure 13: Expenditure projection on key activities - Overall
- Figure 14: Top five business concerns - Region
- Figure 15: Business concerns - Overall and regional - A
- Figure 16: Business concerns - Overall and regional - B
- Figure 17: Business concerns - Overall and regional - C
- Figure 18: Top five organizational priorities - Region
- Figure 19: Organizational priorities - Overall and region