Learn more about the leading cloud services providers and data centres operating on the market in Russia, the types of services they provide and the outlook for growth and development in the future when you review this report. It also reveals the scope of investment in the Russian data processing services industry and plans of top providers with regard to new facilities and new service offerings for the coming two years.
Focal areas of this report include...
- Descriptions of key data centres on the Russian market that include services provided and pricing standards
- Investment levels in Russia's data processing market
- General conditions and trends, recent development and growth drivers and obstacles on the Russian data centre and cloud services market
- Status of Iaas, PaaS, SaaS and forecasts for development
- Chief clients of Russian data centres and cloud services providers and their requirements
- Updates on new regulations and legal developments, significant events on the market, new players and prestigious merger and/or acquisition ventures
- Detailed forecasts to 2018 that predict growth on the market and reveal plans of the leading players to expand and add services
- A comprehensive look at top cloud services providers and data centre operation firms , which include telecommunications companies, IT companies and companies exclusively engaged in data centre operation.
The report provides answers to fundamental questions about the market...
- Which operators control Russia's 15 busiest data centres?
- What are the capabilities, in terms of capacity and technical boundaries, of the leading data processing centres in Russia?
- Which categories of services do Russian data centres typically offer?
- How much do Russian data centres charge for specific services? Which pricing guidelines do they use?
- How extensive is the Russian market for IaaS, PaaS and SaaS?
- What are the expansion predictions for data centre and cloud services operations during 2015-2018?
- Which types of businesses utilise private and commercial data centres on this market?
Unique benefits of this report include...
- An inside look at the strategic development plans of key operators
- Evaluation of Iaas, PaaS and SaaS on the Russian market
- Complete analysis , fresh statistical data , market outlooks and expert commentaries
- Profiles and listings of key operators that include financial and investment details
- Complete cloud computing services market development forecasts to 2018
- Comprehensive coverage - statistical data, analyses, forecasts, assessments of the competitive environment and much more - in a single, easy to navigate document.
Did you know that...
- The key segment of commercial data centre services in Russia remains colocation. It generated approx. 65% of the providers' sales revenues in 2014.
- At the end of 2014 there were 175 commercial data centres in Russia.
- In 2014 SaaS was the largest subgroup of the cloud computing market in Russia.
- Average electricity prices for industrial users with the installed capacity bigger than 670 kW amounted to RUB 1.93 (€0.04) per 1 kWh in 2014.
- Construction of the new commercial and private data centre facilities in Russia increases the supply on the market making further pressure on providers' fees.
Selected companies analysed in this report...
1C, 3Data, Akado, Bars Group, Bitrix24, Business System Telehouse, Caravan, Clodo, Cloud4Y, Croc, DataFort, Dataline, DataPort, DataPro, DataSpace, Demos Internet, eMoscow, iMind, InSales, IT Energy, IT Grad, IT Park Kazan, I-Teco (TrustInfo), IXcellerate, Korus Consulting, Linxdata centre, Mango Telecom, Masterhost, MegaFon, Megaplan, Microsoft, Miran, MMTS-9, Moy Sklad, Moyo Delo, MTS, OBIT, Oblakoteka, Oversun, Parking.ru, Qsoft, Radius Group, Rostelecom, SafeData, Selectel, SKB Kontur, Softline, SpetsVysotStroy, Stack Group, StoreData, Teamlab, Techno-Gorod, Terrasoft.
Rely on this publication when...
- Setting up a new business on the Russian data centre or cloud computing market
- Assessing the potential of Russia's data centre market
- Preparing a strategy for business success
- Searching for candidates for possible M&A activity
- Developing a sales strategy for hardware and services required by Russia's data centre and cloud computing industry
- Locating promising opportunities for investment
- Compiling in-house reports for corporate managers and shareholders.
This document is targeted to meet the needs of...
- Operators of centres providing data and collocation services
- Companies based in Western Europe and seeking acquisition targets in Russia
- Suppliers of cloud computing services
- Software and ICT services providers in Central Europe and Russia
- Data storage and networking hardware providers
- Providers of electricity and cooling solutions, construction companies
- Business consulting, analysis and research firms
- Marketing operations for companies engaged in Russia's ICT sector or preparing for entry
- Government agencies, embassies
- Organisations engaged in promoting industry expansion.
Extract from this report
- More than half of the demand for colocation comes from Russian banks and financial institutions which use commercial data centres to back up their databases and IT systems. The banks usually rent space for 5-15 racks, which is sufficient for critical backup. Other important customers include online stores, various e-commerce projects, media companies and retailers. These customers usually rent several racks or only a few units to host their servers.
- An important issue related to the regulation of the cloud computing market in Russia is the lack of certainty with regard to the application of VAT to SaaS operators. Sales of software licences in Russia are VAT free, but SaaS is considered to be a service, and providers should apply 18% VAT. At the moment Russian SaaS providers try to use the lack of a clear definition of SaaS in the legislation in their favour. Their public contracts are presented as if this were the sale of software licences and access to the software were granted via the internet.
Market commentary by expert
Both commercial data centre services and the broadly understood cloud computing market, including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions, are among the fastest developing segments of the Russian ICT industry. Interestingly, macroeconomic uncertainty, weakening Russian rubble and difficult political situation do not necessarily mean obstacles for those markets' further development. Conversely, domestic companies may increasingly seek for external providers. Commercial data centre facilities can be an option once investing in own infrastructure requires substantial capital. And even for companies with capital it is always a risky decision (except for situations in which the cost of capital, WACC, is relatively low and/or the need for data centre services is highly urgent, but also quite definite). It may turn out that at the given moment liquidity as well as not having frozen capital due to the CAPEX to OPEX conversion are more important. As for data centre operators, their offer will develop, as well as their competencies and specialisation in the area of managed services as well as private and public cloud computing solutions.
Pawe† Olszynka , Head ICT market Analyst
Table of Contents
- Data centre services market
- Current situation and key trends
- Forecasts for the data centre market for 2015-2018
- Cloud computing services market
- Current situation and key trends
- Forecasts for the cloud computing market for 2015-2018
Data centre services market
- Value and structure of the market
- Number of commercial data centres and supply of server space
- Commercial data centres in Russia
- Legal regulations applicable to commercial data centres
- Price evolution of the data centre services
- Certification of commercial data centres
- Russian energy market - influence on the data centre market and price change scenarios
- Development forecasts for the data centre market in 2015-2018
- Qualitative changes in the data centre services market
- Capacity utilization forecast
- Market value and structure forecast
- Profiles of main players on commercial data centre services market
- Akado Group
- IT Park Kazan
- Stack Data Network
- Stack Group
Cloud computing services market
- Value and structure of the market
- Business model of the cloud computing market
- Legal regulations applicable to the cloud computing services market
- Development forecasts for the cloud computing market for 2015-2018
- Largest providers of cloud computing services in Russia
- Profiles of key players on the cloud computing services market in Russia
- Bars Group
- IT Grad
- Korus Consulting
- Mango Telecom
- Microsoft Russia
- Moyo Delo
- Moy Sklad
- SKB Kontur
- Value (RUB bn) and growth rate (%) of the commercial data centre services market in Russia, 2008-2014
- Estimated value of main segments of the commercial data centre services market in Russia (RUB bn), 2008-2014
- Total number of commercial data centres in Russia, 2009-2014
- Total net area of commercial data centres in Russia ('000 m2), 2009-2014
- Average monthly hosting price in data centres in Russia (RUB per 1U, excl. VAT), 2008-2014
- Average price for electricity for Russian industrial consumers with the installed capacity higher than 670 kW (RUB), 2008-2014
- PUE of selected data centres in Russia, 2014
- Net area ('000 m2) and volume share (%) of commercial and corporate data centres in Russia, 2013
- Level of capacity utilisation on the data centre market in Russia at the end of the year (%), 2009-2014
- Value of main segments of the commercial data centre services market in Russia (RUB bn), 2013-2018
- Akado Group's total revenue and EBIDTA (RUB bn) in Russia, 2008-2013
- Croc's revenues in Russia (RUB bn), 2008-2014
- Total rack capacity of DataLine's data centres (kW), 2009-2016
- Sales revenues of DEAC (€ m), 2010-2014
- Inoventica's sales revenues in Russia (RUB bn), 2011-2014
- Sales revenues of I-Teco in Russia (RUB bn), 2008-2014
- Sales revenue of MMTS-9 (RUB m), 2011-2013
- Sales revenue of OBIT (RUB bn), 2009-2014
- Value of project services related to design and construction of cloud computing systems in Russia (RUB bn), 2012-2018
- Value shares of main groups of users on the cloud computing services market in Russia (%), 2013
- Value (RUB m) and growth rate (%) of the SaaS solutions market in Russia, 2011-2014
- Estimated value (RUB m) and share (%) of main subgroups of the SaaS market in Russia, 2014
- Value (RUB m) and growth rate (%) of the IaaS market in Russia, 2010-2014
- Main obstacles to the use of cloud computing services in Russia (%), 2014
- 1C's total SaaS sales of its own software solutions at end users prices in Russia (RUB m), 2010-2014
- Total number of 1C providers which use SaaS model in Russia, 2011-2014
- amoCRM's sales revenue in Russia (RUB m), 2011-2013
- Bars Group's sales revenue in Russia (RUB m), 2010-2014
- IT Grad's sales revenues from provision of cloud computing services in Russia (RUB m), 2010-2013
- Korus Consulting's sales of cloud computing services in Russia (RUB m), 2010-2014
- Mango Telecom's sales revenue in Russia (RUB m), 2011-2014
- MegaPlan's sales revenue in Russia (RUB m), 2009-2014
- Microsoft's estimated sales of cloud computing solutions in Russia (RUB m), 2010-2014
- Total number of Moyo Delo's subscribers of SaaS accounting service in Russia, 2010-September 2014
- Moy Sklad's estimated sales revenue (RUB m), 2010-2014
- Total number of Moy Sklad's users in Russia ('000), 2011-2014
- SKB Kontur's sales revenue in Russia (RUB m), 2008-2014
- Softline's sales of cloud computing services (RUB m), 2009-2014
- Value of main subgroups of the cloud computing market in Russia (RUB m), 2010-2014
- Value of main subgroups of the cloud computing services market in Russia (RUB m), 2013-2018
- Launch of new commercial data centres and ongoing projects in Russia, 2013-2015
- Largest providers of commercial data centre services in Russia, December 2014
- Largest data centres in Russia, November 2014
- Standard service prices of some commercial data centres in Moscow (RUB), 2013-2014
- Tier III level certified data centres in Russia, December 2014
- Estimated total costs of corporate data centre and colocation services in Russia ($), 2014
- Technical characteristics of Croc's data centres in Russia, December 2014
- Estimated value and breakdown of Servionica sales revenue (RUB m), 2012-2013
- Technical characteristics of Selectel's data centres in Russia, June 2014
- Technical characteristics of Stack's data centres in Russia, June 2014
- Largest providers of cloud computing services in Russia, December 2014