- The 4th edition of our popular market study.
- A detailed review of North America's flexible packaging market, including separate national profiles of the USA, Canada and Mexico.
- Gain insights into the key growth drivers in this US$21.5 billion market
- The most comprehensive and up to date market study on flexible packaging production, trade and consumption in North America, detailing historic and current market trends with forecasts through to 2020.
- Approaching 90% of sales are concentrated in the US, with Canada and Mexico accounting for 7% and 5% respectively.
- 26 converters account for just under 50% of regional demand.
PCI's latest review of the North American flexible packaging market is the 4th edition in this popular series and is based on original field research conducted across North America in the latter half of 2015.
The report provides a highly detailed statistical analysis of the North American converted flexible packaging market in 2014, an assessment of market developments during 2015, forecasts through to 2020 together with extensive commentary on market trends and industry participants in the US, Canada and Mexico.
Who is it for?
This new report is a vital business planning tool for anyone involved in the manufacture and purchase of plain and converted plastic films, aluminium foils and specialty papers; including inks, adhesives and coatings suppliers; flexible packaging converters; packaging and converting machinery suppliers; as well as brand owners and food retailers.
Analyses of the major factors driving demand in converted flexible packaging by end use and by country.
The report also provides useful insights for financial institutions looking for investment opportunities.
What does it provide?
- Statistical tables and figures of historic growth to 2014, by value and volume (million m2), preliminary estimates for 2015 by value and forecasts to 2020
- Commentary and quantification of flexible packaging trends in 16 end use categories
- Detailed profiles of the top 26 players and their plant locations plus descriptions of more than 150 other flexible packaging converters in North America.
Why buy it?
PCI consultants have been monitoring global flexible packaging markets for over 15 years and are recognised as the industry's leading source for expert analysis and reliable data on this market. Buying any study from this respected source ensures that the information provided is of the highest standard
These standards are maintained in this new study, which provides highly detailed statistical breakdowns and expert interpretation of the North American flexible packaging market.
It will provide you with a complete 'market map' of North America's flexible packaging industry and market demand
Table of Contents
1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY AND CONCLUSIONS
- 2.1 PCI FILMS CONSULTING LTD
- 2.2 BACKGROUND
- 2.3 COUNTRY COVERAGE
- 2.4 VALUE AND VOLUME DEFINITIONS
- 2.5 FLEXIBLE PACKAGING DEFINITION
3 THE NORTH AMERICAN FLEXIBLE PACKAGING MARKET
- 3.1 NORTH AMERICAN ECONOMIC BACKGROUND
- 3.2 NORTH AMERICAN FLEXIBLE PACKAGING MARKET DATA
- 3.3 NORTH AMERICAN FLEXIBLE PACKAGING PRODUCTION
- 3.4 NORTH AMERICAN FLEXIBLE PACKAGING TRADE
- 3.5 NORTH AMERICAN FLEXIBLE PACKAGING CONSUMPTION
- 3.6 NORTH AMERICAN CONVERTED FLEXIBLE PACKAGING MARKET BY AREA
- 3.7 LEADING REGIONAL CONVERTERS IN NORTH AMERICA
- 3.8 ACQUISITIONS, MERGERS, DIVESTMENTS, CLOSURES AND INVESTMENTS
- 3.9 FIVE YEAR FORECAST
4 COUNTRY PROFILES
- 4.1 CANADA
- 4.1.1 Economic Overview
- 4.1.2 Flexible Packaging Market Overview
- 4.1.3 Flexible Packaging Converters
- 4.1.4 End Use Markets
- 4.2 MEXICO
- 4.2.1 Economic overview
- 4.2.2 Flexible Packaging Market Overview
- 4.2.3 Flexible Packaging Converters
- 4.2.4 End Use Markets
- 4.3 UNITED STATES
- 4.3.1 Economic overview
- 4.3.2 Flexible Packaging Market Overview
- 4.3.3 Flexible Packaging Converters
- 4.3.4 End Use Markets
5 END USE MARKETS
- 5.1 INTRODUCTION
- 5.2 NORTH AMERICAN END USE MARKET OVERVIEW
- 5.3 SUGAR AND CHOCOLATE CONFECTIONERY
- 5.3.1 Flexible packaging materials/formats used for confectionery
- 5.3.2 Flexible packaging trends
- 5.3.3 Leading converter suppliers
- 5.4 FRESH AND PROCESSED MEAT
- 5.4.1 Flexible packaging materials/formats
- 5.4.2 Flexible packaging trends
- 5.4.3 Leading converter suppliers
- 5.5 CHEESE AND DAIRY
- 5.5.1 Flexible packaging materials/formats
- 5.5.2 Flexible packaging trends
- 5.5.3 Leading converter suppliers
- 5.6 GROUND COFFEE AND BEANS
- 5.6.1 Flexible packaging materials/formats
- 5.6.2 Flexible packaging trends
- 5.6.3 Leading converters supplying the coffee market
- 5.7 FROZEN FOODS AND ICE CREAM
- 5.7.1 Flexible packaging materials/formats
- 5.7.2 Flexible packaging trends
- 5.7.3 Leading converters supplying the frozen foods and ice cream market
- 5.8 SNACKS
- 5.8.1 Flexible packaging materials/formats
- 5.8.2 Flexible packaging trends
- 5.8.3 Leading converters supplying the salty chips, snacks and nuts market
- 5.9 DRIED AND DEHYDRATED FOODS AND CEREALS
- 5.9.1 Flexible packaging materials/formats
- 5.9.2 Flexible packaging trends
- 5.9.3 Leading converter suppliers
- 5.10 BREAD PRODUCTS
- 5.10.1 Flexible packaging materials/formats
- 5.10.2 Flexible packaging trends
- 5.10.3 Leading converter suppliers
- 5.11 COOKIES, CAKES AND CRACKERS
- 5.11.1 Flexible packaging materials/formats
- 5.11.2 Flexible packaging trends
- 5.11.3 Leading converter suppliers
- 5.12 FRESH PRODUCE
- 5.12.1 Flexible packaging materials/formats
- 5.12.2 Flexible packaging trends
- 5.12.3 Leading converter suppliers
- 5.13 OTHER FOOD
- 5.13.1 Flexible packaging materials/formats
- 5.13.2 Flexible packaging trends
- 5.13.3 Leading converter suppliers
- 5.14 CIGARETTES AND TOBACCO
- 5.14.1 Flexible packaging materials/formats
- 5.14.2 Flexible packaging trends
- 5.14.3 Leading converters supplying the Cigarettes and Tobacco market
- 5.15 MEDICAL AND PHARMACEUTICAL
- 5.15.1 Flexible packaging materials/formats
- 5.15.2 Flexible packaging trends
- 5.15.3 Leading converter suppliers
- 5.16 TOILETRIES/HYGIENE
- 5.16.1 Flexible packaging materials/formats
- 5.16.2 Flexible packaging trends
- 5.16.3 Leading converter suppliers
- 5.17 PET FOODS AND PET CARE
- 5.17.1 Flexible packaging materials/formats
- 5.17.2 Flexible packaging trends
- 5.17.3 Leading converter suppliers
- 5.18 OTHER NON-FOOD
- 5.18.1 Flexible packaging materials/formats
- 5.18.2 Flexible packaging trends
- 5.18.3 Leading converter suppliers
6 TOP NORTH AMERICAN FLEXIBLE PACKAGING CONVERTERS
- 6.1 AMCOR FLEXIBLES AMERICAS
- 6.2 AMERICAN PACKAGING CORPORATION (APC)
- 6.1 BEMIS COMPANY INC.
- 6.2 BERRY PLASTICS GROUP, INC.
- 6.3 BRYCE CORPORATION
- 6.4 CONSTANTIA FLEXIBLES GMBH
- 6.5 COVERIS HOLDINGS
- 6.6 FLAIR FLEXIBLE PACKAGING CORPORATION
- 6.7 FRES-CO SYSTEM USA, INC.
- 6.9 GLENROY, INC.
- 6.10 HOOD PACKAGING CORPORATION
- 6.11 INTERFLEX GROUP
- 6.12 MONDI JACKSON, INC.
- 6.13 NOVOLEX
- 6.14 ORACLE PACKAGING
- 6.15 PEEL PLASTIC PRODUCTS LTD.
- 6.17 POLYCELLO
- 6.18 PRINTPACK
- 6.19 PROAMPAC
- 6.19.1 Ampac Packaging LLC
- 6.19.2 Prolamina Corporation
- 6.19.3 Coating Excellence International (cei)
- 6.20 SAINT JOHNS PACKAGING (SJP)
- 6.21 SEALED AIR CORPORATION
- 6.22 SONOCO PRODUCTS
- 6.23 TRANSCONTINENTAL
- 6.24 WINPAK LTD.
- 7.1 END USE DEFINITIONS
- 7.2 NORTH AMERICAN FLEXIBLE PACKAGING CONVERTER WEBSITES
LIST OF TABLES
- TABLE 1. NORTH AMERICAN FLEXIBLE PACKAGING MARKET DATA
- TABLE 2. NORTH AMERICAN CONVERTED FLEXIBLE PACKAGING MARKETS 2014 (AREA)
- TABLE 3. NORTH AMERICAN CONVERTED FLEXIBLE PACKAGING MARKETS 2014 (AREA)
- TABLE 4. NORTH AMERICAN FLEXIBLE PACKAGING SALES BY MARKET SHARE 2014
- TABLE 5. REGIONAL CONSUMPTION FORECASTS - 2014 TO 2015
- TABLE 6. REGIONAL CONSUMPTION FORECASTS - 2015E TO 2020
- TABLE 7. CANADIAN ECONOMIC DATA
- TABLE 8. CANADIAN FLEXIBLE PACKAGING MARKET DATA
- TABLE 9. MEXICAN ECONOMIC DATA
- TABLE 10. MEXICAN FLEXIBLE PACKAGING MARKET DATA
- TABLE 11. USA ECONOMIC DATA
- TABLE 12. USA FLEXIBLE PACKAGING MARKET DATA
- TABLE 13. NORTH AMERICAN FLEXIBLE PACKAGING MARKET BY END USE (AREA)
- TABLE 14. US SUPPLIERS OF FLEXIBLE PACKAGING FOR MEDICAL AND PHARMACEUTICAL
LIST OF FIGURES
- FIGURE 1. NORTH AMERICAN FLEXIBLE PACKAGING MARKET BY END USE 2014 AREA
- FIGURE 2. LEADING FLEXIBLE PACKAGING CONVERTERS IN NORTH AMERICA 2014
- FIGURE 3. NORTH AMERICAN FLEXIBLE PACKAGING MARKET BY END USE (VALUE) 2014
- FIGURE 4. TOP CONVERTERS OF FLEXIBLE PACKAGING IN NORTH AMERICA