Product Code: IT0019-003398
The emergence of comprehensive outsourced testing of software applications, in which a service provider assumes end-to-end responsibility for centralized testing functions, is accelerating. This ODM assesses the emerging discipline of comprehensive outsourcing of testing services and provides an overview and evaluation of the leading service providers.
The market adoption of comprehensive outsourced testing is accelerating, but a lack of discussion on the implications for sourcing underlines two issues. First, the market is still in a nascent state and only a handful of providers are typically selected for comprehensive deals. Second, the suggestion that clients prefer co-sourced approaches, in which the organization works with third parties, is in contrast to the development of all other segments of the IT services market.
- Enterprises' testing functions have heterogeneous organizational structures, with lines of business functions often trying to exert political power.
- The slow emergence of centralized approaches, coupled with a lack of investment, is a reference point for the lack of maturity of testing functions.
- Organizations (and vendors) should focus as much on sourcing implications as on the technical aspects of testing services.
- Assesses the emerging discipline of comprehensive outsourcing of testing services.
- Provides an overview and assessment of the leading service providers.
- Describes the organizational and sourcing models in testing.
- Who are the leading providers in outsourced testing?
- What are the organizational models for testing functions?
Table of Contents
- Ovum view
- Key findings
Market and services analysis
- The evolving discipline of outsourced testing
- The evolution of testing services
Provider solution criteria
- Inclusion criteria
- Exclusion criteria
- Ovum ratings
Market and product analysis
- Ovum Decision Matrix: outsourced testing, 2014-15
- Market leaders: TCS, Cognizant, Accenture, IBM, Capgemini, and Wipro
- Market challengers: Infosys, Atos, Tech Mahindra, CGI, and HCL
- Market followers: CSC, iGate, and L&T Infotech
- Accenture: Ovum recommendation - leader
- Atos: Ovum recommendation - challenger
- Capgemini: Ovum recommendation - leader
- CGI: Ovum recommendation - challenger
- Cognizant: Ovum recommendation - leader
- CSC: Ovum recommendation - follower
- HCL: Ovum recommendation - challenger
- IBM: Ovum recommendation - leader
- iGate: Ovum recommendation - follower
- Infosys: Ovum recommendation - challenger
- L&T Infotech: Ovum recommendation - follower
- TCS: Ovum recommendation - leader
- Tech Mahindra: Ovum recommendation - challenger
- Wipro: Ovum recommendation - leader
- Market leaders: offering assessment
- Market leader: execution assessment
- Market leader: market impact assessment
- Alternative providers