Product Code: IT0014-003001
The Hadoop market has winnowed down to a half dozen core providers, and the Hadoop platform is transitioning to have broader appeal to the business.
As a commercial market, Hadoop is embryonic. However, the market has coalesced over the past year, with commercial providers now developing more enterprise-friendly features and solutions designed to appeal not only to data scientists but to the business.
- Hadoop's niche is expanding from its roots as a platform for data scientists to run standalone, complex analytics to a role that complements the data warehouse and real-time operational databases.
- Analyzes the competitive dynamics of the market for Hadoop, the platform best associated with big data analytics.
- Compares the product and market strategies of the six providers that offer their own Hadoop platforms.
- Analyzes how Hadoop vendor product and market roadmaps are adapting to serve the mainstream enterprise market.
- How do the technology and go-to-market strategies of Hadoop vendors differ?
- Who are the market leaders, challengers, and followers in this market?
Table of Contents
- Ovum view
- Key findings
Vendor solution selection
- Inclusion criteria
- Exclusion criteria
- Ovum ratings
- Ovum Decision Matrix Interactive
Market and solution analysis
- Ovum Decision Matrix: Hadoop, 2015
- Market leaders: Cloudera, Hortonworks, IBM, and MapR
- Market challenger: Amazon
- Market follower: Pivotal
- Emerging vendors
- Market impact
- Vendor Amazon Web Services Elastic MapReduce (EMR): (Ovum recommendation: Challenger)
- Cloudera Distribution including Hadoop 5.2 (Ovum recommendation: Leader)
- Hortonworks Data Platform 2.2 (Ovum recommendation: Leader)
- IBM BigInsights 3.0 (Ovum recommendation: Leader)
- MapR Distribution including Hadoop (Ovum recommendation: Leader)
- Pivotal HD 2.0 (Ovum recommendation: Follower)
- Further reading