Product Code: IT003-000602
This Ovum Decision Matrix provides an overview and comparison of the leading vendors and their platforms in the electronic retail payment switch space. This includes an overview of the key drivers moving the market, major developments, and a comparison of the market impact, technology and execution capabilities of the leading vendor platforms.
The global retail payment market is at a moment of critical transformation due to the growth of digital payment technologies, the growth of transaction channels, and the increasing speed of payments diversification. This is leading to a need for transformation of existing payments infrastructure as payment providers of all types move to adapt to the market. The selection of a suitable retail payment switch platform is critical, with long-term repercussions on the future strategy of any payment provider.
- The electronic retail payment switch market remains dominated by ACI. Although the announced retirement of Base24 Classic caused ripples in the payments industry, its replacement platform Base24-eps benefits from a very high level of design and functionality alongside the historic reputation, track record, and execution abilities of ACI. Although competition in the switch space is heating up, ACI is likely to retain its dominant position.
- The growth of added functionality and very high levels of configurability mean that newer platforms from the likes of BPC with SmartVista, Lusis with Tango, and Alaric with Authentic are all now growing at a significant pace, on the back of their strong technology and focus on the switch space. As these providers grow in market presence and visibility, they will continue to gather steam and likely increase their growth rates.
- Plan your payments strategy effectively by understanding what the capabilities are of today's leading electronic retail payment switch platforms, using Ovum's in-depth analysis of each platform's market impact, technology, and execution capabilities.
- Prepare for payments innovation through Ovum's analysis of the key drivers moving the electronic retail payments switch market and what the rise of the payment hub means for your business.
- Who are the leading electronic retail payment switch platforms on the market? What functionality do they offer?
- How are payment hubs impacting the payment market? What kind of features do these hubs bring to the switch market?
- What levels of support do the leading vendors offer?
Table of Contents
- Ovum view
- Key findings
- Global growth in electronic payments has helped drive overall growth in payment switch platforms
- Payment hub models are emerging as the solution to payments diversification
- Banks are investing in digital channels, fuelling investment in payment switch technologies
OVUM DECISION MATRIX: SELECTING A PAYMENT SWITCH PLATFORM
- Decision Matrix scope
- Inclusion criteria
- Overall assessment
- Market leaders: ACI Base24eps, ACI Postilion, FIS Connex on HP NonStop
- Market challengers: BPC SmartVista, Alaric Authentic, Lusis Tango
- Market followers: FIS IST, FIS Cortex
PRIMARY ASSESSMENT CRITERIA
- Evaluation categories
- Market impact
- Technology assessment
- Execution assessment
- ACI Base24eps
- ACI Postilion
- Alaric Authentic
- BPC Banking Technologies
- FIS Connex
- FIS Cortex
- FIS IST
- Lusis Tango
- Further reading
- Ovum Consulting