Product Code: IT024-000002
Key trends for operators in 2014 include the continuing need to respond to cost pressures and revenue stagnation, the growing importance of broadband in both mobile and fixed networks, and the need for telcos to embrace over-the-top (OTT) services, cloud services, and service portability in order to compete with more nimble, OTT competitors.
- Ovum Telecoms research evaluates the areas to watch, and identifies the call for action facing telcos and their suppliers
- Identifies and evaluates the economic outlook affecting the telecoms vertical, and the prevailing strategic and operational issues that telcos have to address.
- Provides guidance to telcos on the service trends impacting their customer-facing business units and provides vendor guidance on the technology trends, and the pain points where telcos need support.
- What are the areas of business pain facing telcos in 2014, and which technical solutions are they turning to?
- Where are the challenges and opportunites for telecoms suppliers and partners in 2014?
Table of Contents
- Economic outlook
- Economic, capex, and opex trends
- Telco IT spend
- Market outlook
- Growth in fixed and mobile markets
- Innovation and personalization of services
- Technology trends
- Network infrastructure
- Mobile devices and platforms
- Service trends for CSPs' customer-facing business units