Product Code: IT013-000213
This Ovum Decision Matrix assesses the enterprise social networking products of 13 vendors trying to establish their supremacy in this important segment of the next-generation enterprise collaboration market.
The enterprise social networking market is maturing rapidly, with vendors vying for supremacy in this important segment of the collaboration market. Having once mimicked the features and functions of consumer-oriented social networks, some products are now developing into fully fledged business collaboration platforms in their own right, with the potential to replace intranets, knowledge management systems, and portals.
- Ovum engagements with organizations assessing enterprise social networking products indicate that enterprises are most eager to compare Yammer vs. Chatter and IBM Connections vs. Jive, but this particular market is far from being a four-horse-race.
- Vendors are taking several approaches to enterprise social networking, ranging from standalone, pure-play products to inclusive features that are designed to augment and enhance existing products within the vendor's portfolio.
- Ovum considers 233 data points that identify features of note and areas of product differentiation within the enterprise social networking market, both from an end user and IT department perspective.
- Analyses 112 technology assessment data collection points divided into four categories: social features, collaboration features, content management features, and end-user access and experience features.
- Analyses 121 execution data collection points divided into four categories: deployment features, administration features, developer features, and sales, service, support, and maturity features.
- Which vendors are leading the enterprise social networking market in terms of product features, enterprise fit, and market impact?
- Which vendors are challenging IBM and Jive Software in the large enterprise market, and how do they differentiate their wares?
- Which vendor is challenging Microsoft Office 365/Yammer with its next-generation intranet solution, combining enterprise social networking with online collaboration tools and project management features?
Table of Contents
- Ovum view
- Key findings
VENDOR SOLUTION SELECTION
- Inclusion criteria
- Exclusion criteria
- Ovum ratings
- Ovum Decision Matrix Interactive
MARKET AND PRODUCT ANALYSIS
- Ovum Decision Matrix: Enterprise Social Networking
- Market leaders
- Market challengers
- Market followers
- Market leaders: technology assessment
- Market leaders: execution
- Market leaders: market impact
- Atos blueKiwi - Ovum Decision Matrix: challenger
- BroadVision Clearvale - Ovum Decision Matrix: follower
- Citrix Podio - Ovum Decision Matrix: follower
- IBM Connections - Ovum Decision Matrix: leader
- Jive - Ovum Decision Matrix: leader
- MangoApps - Ovum Decision Matrix: leader
- Moxie Software Collaboration Spaces - Ovum Decision Matrix: follower
- NewsGator Social Sites - Ovum Decision Matrix: challenger
- Salesforce Chatter - Ovum Decision Matrix: leader
- Sap Jam - Ovum Decision Matrix: leader
- Socialtext - Ovum Decision Matrix: challenger
- Tibco Tibbr - Ovum Decision Matrix: leader
- Yammer - Ovum Decision Matrix: challenger
- Further reading
- Ovum Consulting