The global helicopter simulator market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.38% between 2016 and 2021.
ELITE Simulation Solutions debuted the TH22SM, their single seat piston helicopter trainer with motion actuation, on August 4, 2016. In other recent developments, Airbus Helicopters Japan launched their first FFS for their helicopter training and simulation school in Japan (the company occupies 54% of Japanese helicopter market share). Iran's defense also inducted a 209 tactical helicopter simulator on August 7, 2016.
One of the key factors contributing to market growth is the growing demand for commercial aircraft. Hands-on helicopter training has become very expensive, resulting in increased popularity for the helicopter simulator market. Additionally, a simulator allows aspiring pilots to train in the most severe conditions, something a regular trainer cannot provide. An increasing demand for pilots and helicopters, especially from the civilian segment of the market, is expected to have a high impact on the market. The regulatory authorities of major countries have made use of simulators mandatory for certain hours. This has provided a major boost to the market, especially in Asia-Pacific, where simulator use was minimal in the past.
Furthermore, despite a few drivers, the development of the global helicopter simulator business is confronted with some serious difficulties. A high initial investment is expected to be the most debilitating challenge, since expense is one of the key purchasing criteria.
The market has been segmented by:
- User type - into professional training simulators and recreational simulators
- Geography - into North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East & Africa and Asia-Pacific.
- North America is the largest market; however, Asia-Pacific is expected to see the fastest-growth rate during the forecast period. A slow growth in sales of helicopters in the North American region would affect the growth of helicopter simulator market, which is expected to remain moderate. The economic slowdown in Brazil, one of the largest helicopter markets in the world, is projected to affect the helicopter market. India, China, and Indonesia would be the growth drivers of the simulator market in Asia Pacific.
- Rockwell Collins, Mechtronix and Thales Group are some of the key players in the Global Helicopter Simulator Market.
What the report offers:
- Market analysis of the global helicopter simulator market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers, opportunities and restraints.
- Expert interviews and their insights on market shift, current and future outlook and factors impacting vendors short term and long term strategies.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- An extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies, along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the helicopter simulator market on a global and regional scale.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. Research Methodology
- 1.2. Key Findings of the Study
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW AND TRENDS
- 3.1. Introduction
- 3.2. Technological Advancements and Developments in R&D
- 3.3. Investment Analysis
- 3.4. Porter's Five Forces Framework
- 3.4.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 3.4.2. Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 3.4.3. Threat of New Entrants
- 3.4.4. Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 3.4.5. Competitive Rivalry Within the Industry
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
- 4.1. Drivers
- 4.2. Restraints
- 4.3. Opportunities
5. GLOBAL COMMERCIAL HELICOPTER SIMULATOR MARKET, SEGMENTED BY USER TYPE
- 5.1. Professional Training Simulators
- 5.2. Recreational Simulators
6. GLOBAL COMMERCIAL HELICOPTER SIMULATOR MARKET, SEGMENTED BY GEOGRAPHY
- 6.1. North America
- 6.1.1. United States
- 6.1.2. Canada
- 6.1.3. Mexico
- 6.1.4. Others
- 6.2. South America
- 6.2.1. Brazil
- 6.2.2. Argentina
- 6.3. Asia Pacific
- 6.3.1. China
- 6.3.2. India
- 6.3.3. Japan
- 6.3.4. Others
- 6.4. Europe
- 6.4.1. United Kingdom
- 6.4.2. Germany
- 6.4.3. France
- 6.4.4. Italy
- 6.4.5. Others
- 6.5. The Middle East & Africa
- 6.5.1. UAE
- 6.5.2. South Africa
- 6.5.3. Saudi Arabia
- 6.5.4. Others
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
- 7.1. Introduction
- 7.2. Market Share Analysis
- 7.3. Developments of Key Players
8. KEY VENDOR ANALYSIS (Overview, Products & Services, and Strategies)
- 8.1. Rockwell Collins
- 8.2. FRASCA Flight Simulation
- 8.3. Mechtronix
- 8.4. Airbus Helicopters
- 8.5. Elite Simulation Solutions
- 8.6. Thales Group
- 8.7. FlightSafety International
- 8.8. L3 Communications
- 8.9. ATC Flight Simulator
- 8.10. Grabysur
- 8.11. Boeing
- 8.12. Russian Helicopters