The Global Process Automation market is valued at USD 100.14 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD 161.3 billion by the end of 2022, growing at a projected CAGR of 8.27% during the forecast period of 2017 - 2022. The process of automation has become an important part of modern manufacturing and industrial processes. It helps enterprises to realize high-quality products at profitable prices and also aids in developing superior technologies to reduce operational constraints. The companies all over the world are automating their processes with the help of different technologies like SCADA, DCS, MES and PLC. The demand for these technologies is growing steadily and many vendors are manufacturing solutions to help enterprises achieve efficiency in their manufacturing processes.
- Government incentives for the manufacturing industry
- Environmental regulations and safety standards to maintain
- The cost of solutions has been reducing consistently and increase in labor market wages
The economic activity still has to pick up in several countries owing to the global recession of 2008.
The market has reached a stagnant position in several developed countries. Vendors have to look out for new avenues for their products.
Some of the key vendors in the process automation market are ABB, Siemens, Schneider Electric, Honeywell and Rockwell Automation.
SPECIALITIES OF THIS REPORT:
The report will be useful in gaining an exhaustive understanding of the regional market. It will also be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends, innovations and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half of the decade.
The report will be an ideal source of material for industry consultants, manufacturers and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition, to the opportunities offered.
The report contains a wide range of information about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
WHAT THE REPORT OFFERS:
- The market analysis with region-specific assessments and competitive analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Identification of the factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, giving prospective opportunities and the identification of key companies that can influence the market on both the global and regional fronts.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market shares.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the industry on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. Key Findings
- 1.2. Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
- 3.1. Market Dynamics & Trends
- 3.2. Factors Driving the Market
- 3.2.1. Government Incentives for the Manufacturing Industry
- 3.2.2. Reducing Cost of Automation Solutions and Increasing Labor Wages
- 3.2.3. Increased Focus on Manufacturing Industry and Need for Energy Efficiency
- 3.3. Factors Restraining the Market
- 3.3.1. Reliability Issues with Cloud Computing Escalating the Skepticism Levels
- 3.3.2. Lack of Skilled Workforce
- 3.4. Industry Value-Chain Analysis
- 3.5. Industry Attractiveness Porters Five Forces Analysis
- 3.5.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 3.5.2. Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 3.5.3. Threat of New Entrants
- 3.5.4. Threat of Substitute Products or Services
- 3.5.5. Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
4. Technology Overview
- 4.1. Technology Snapshot
- 4.2. Applications
5. Global Process Automation Market Breakdown by Technology Type
- 5.1. Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA)
- 5.2. Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
- 5.3. Distributed Control System (DCS)
- 5.4. Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- 5.5. Others
6. Global Process Automation Market Breakdown by Communications Protocol
- 6.1. Wired Protocols
- 6.2. Wireless Protocols
7. Global Process Automation Market Breakdown by Type of Solutions
- 7.1. Hardware
- 7.2. Software
- 7.3. Services
8. Global Process Automation Market Breakdown by End-User Industry
- 8.1. Chemical & Petrochemical
- 8.2. Paper & Pulp
- 8.3. Automotive
- 8.4. Water & Waste Water Treatment
- 8.5. Energy & Utilities
- 8.6. Oil & Gas
- 8.7. Pharmaceutical
- 8.8. Food, Tobacco, and Beverages
- 8.6. Others
9. Global Process Automation Market Breakdown by Geography
- 9.1. North America
- 9.1.1. United States
- 9.1.2. Canada
- 9.2. Europe
- 9.2.1. United Kingdom
- 9.2.2. France
- 9.2.3. Germany
- 9.2.4. Others
- 9.3. Asia-Pacific
- 9.3.1. China
- 9.3.2. India
- 9.3.3. Japan
- 9.3.4. Others
- 9.4. Latin America
- 9.4.1. Brazil
- 9.4.2. Mexico
- 9.4.3. Argentina
- 9.4.4. Others
- 9.5. Middle East and Africa
- 9.5.1. United Arab Emirates
- 9.5.2. Saudi Arabia
- 9.5.3. Others
- 10.1. ABB
- 10.2. Honeywell
- 10.3. Siemens
- 10.4. Schneider Electric
- 10.5. Mitsubishi
- 10.6. Rockwell Automation
- 10.7. Emerson
- 10.8. Danaher
- 10.9. Cameron International
- 10.10. Texas Instruments
- 10.11. Eaton Corporation
- 10.12. General Electric Corporation (GE)
- 10.13. Endress+Hauser Group
- 10.14. Krohne Messtechnik GMBH
11. Investment Analysis
- 11.1. Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
- 11.2. Investor Outlook
12. Future Outlook of Process Automation in Global Market