The global microspheres market has been estimated at USD XX million in 2015 and is projected to reach USD XX million by 2020, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period from 2015 to 2020.
Microspheres are spherical micro-particles with their size ranging between 0.1 and 100 micrometers. They are used where consistent and predictable particle surface area is important. Microspheres have external pores on the surface or internal pores in the core. Some uses of these particles include carriers for drugs, high speed chromatography, cell delivery, and tissue regeneration as a scaffold.
Microspheres are most commonly used in the oil & gas industry. The end-user industries for this product include aerospace industry, cosmetics industry, automotive industry, paints & coatings industry, medical technology, composites and others. In 2015, in terms of revenue, XX industry accounted market share of XX% of the global microspheres market.
Market Dynamics of the Global Microspheres Market:
- Advancements in medical science & technology
- Recyclability & reusability
- Fluctuating prices of the raw materials
The global microspheres market can be broadly segmented on the basis of type (hollow microspheres and solid microspheres) and on the basis of raw materials (glass, polymers, metallic, ceramics, fly ash, and others). The microspheres made from fly ash are also termed as cenospheres. The market has also been geographically segmented into Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, South America, and the Middle East & Africa. The regions are further segmented into countries such as China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia & New Zealand, Germany, UK, France, Italy, USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, South Africa and Saudi Arabia.
The market has more relevance today because of the growing demand for microspheres in cancer treatment drugs. Apart from that, the expansion of end-user industries into new and emerging markets has led to new opportunities for the growth of the global microspheres market. Some of the major companies dominating this market for its products, services, and continuous product developments are:
- Evonik Industries AG
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
Key Deliverables in the Study:
- Market analysis for the global microspheres market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global microspheres market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. Description
- 1.2. Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Microspheres Market
- 3.1. Market Definition and Overview
- 3.2. Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 3.3. Industry Attractiveness Porters 5. Force Analysis
- 3.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 3.3.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 3.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
- 3.3.4. Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 3.3.5. Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Drivers
- 4.1.1. Advancements in Medical Science & Technology
- 4.1.2. Increasing Demand from the Construction Sector
- 4.1.3. Recyclability and Reusability
- 4.2. Restraints
- 4.2.1. Fluctuating Prices of Raw Materials
- 4.2.2. Huge Investments in R&D are required
- 4.2.3. High Production Costs
- 4.3. Opportunities
- 4.3.1. Growing Demand for Microspheres in Cancer Treatment Drugs
- 4.3.2. Expansion of End-user Industries into New and Emerging Markets
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
- 5.1. By Type
- 5.1.1. Hollow
- 5.1.2. Solid
- 5.2. By Raw Material
- 5.2.1. Glass
- 5.2.2. Polymer
- 5.2.3. Ceramic
- 5.2.4. Fly ash
- 5.2.5. Metallic
- 5.2.6. Others
- 5.3. By Application
- 5.3.1. Automotive
- 5.3.2. Aerospace
- 5.3.3. Cosmetics
- 5.3.4. Oil & gas
- 5.3.5. Paints & Coatings
- 5.3.6. Medical Technology
- 5.3.7. Composites
- 5.3.8. Others
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
- 6.1. Asia-Pacific
- 6.1.1. China
- 6.1.2. India
- 6.1.3. Japan
- 6.1.4. South Korea
- 6.1.5. Australia & New Zealand
- 6.1.6. Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 6.2. Europe
- 6.2.1. Germany
- 6.2.2. United Kingdom
- 6.2.3. France
- 6.2.4. Italy
- 6.2.5. Rest of Europe
- 6.3. North America
- 6.3.1. United States
- 6.3.2. Canada
- 6.3.3. Mexico
- 6.3.4. Rest of North America
- 6.4. South America
- 6.4.1. Brazil
- 6.4.2. Argentina
- 6.4.3. Rest of South America
- 6.5. Middle-East and Africa
- 6.5.1. Saudi Arabia
- 6.5.2. South Africa
- 6.5.3. Rest of Middle-East and Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
- 7.1. Mergers & Acquisitions
- 7.2. Joint Ventures Collaborations and Agreements
- 7.3. Market Shares Analysis
- 7.4. Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles
- 8.1. 3M
- 8.2. Akzo Nobel Expancel
- 8.3. Aveka Manufacturing Inc.
- 8.4. Bangs Laboratories Inc.
- 8.5. Celonova Biosciences Inc.
- 8.6. Chase Corp.
- 8.7. Cospheric LLC
- 8.8. Evonik Industries AG
- 8.9. Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- 8.10. Induchem AG
- 8.11. Luminex Corp.
- 8.12. Matsumoto Yushi-Seiyaku Co. Ltd
- 8.13. Merit Medical Systems Inc.
- 8.14. MO SCI Corp.
- 8.15. Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
- 8.16. Nanjing Jianzun Glass Microsphere Plant Co. Ltd.
- 8.17. Poraver
- 8.18. Potters Industries LLC
- 8.19. Sirtex Medical Inc.
- 8.20. Sunjin Chemical
- 8.21. Swarco AG
- 8.22. Trelleborg AB