Global Caprolactum Market has been estimated at USD XX Billion in 2015 and is projected to reach USD XX billion by 2020, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period from 2015 to 2020.
The conventional way to manufacture Caprolactum is dependent on its intermediate cyclohexanone, which is produced by the oxidation of cyclohexane. However, Caprolactum can also be produced from Phenol or Toulene. Separately, hydroxylamine sulphate is reacted with the cyclohexanone to produce cyclohexanone oxime, followed by a Beckmann rearrangement using oleum to produce Caprolactum. The typical use of Caprolactum being the use in the formation of Nylon-6 fiber. The Engineering plastics too find an extensive use of this compound. The nylon is abrasive resistant, highly resilient and finds extensive use in production of carpets, seat belts and other daily textile needs. The amazing property of Nylon being its ability to melt on burning, keeps its market always on a high demand.
The largest production of Caprolactum is in Asia Pacific region, due to a strong need from the engineering plastics and textiles industry. China is World's largest market for Caprolactum. The Caprolactum is majorly produced by the countries like China, United States, Russia and Belgium. Due to a rise in the Textile and automotive industry in the Asia Pacific region, this market is extremely positive in the coming years. Asia Pacific region accounts for more than 68% demand by 2020.
The market is expected to gain in emerging markets rapidly, especially Middle East and Asia Pacific due to increase in demand. On the other hand, high volatility in the prices of raw material possesses serious threat to the Chemical market, not just Caprolactum market. This can be understood as a new focus towards the Middle East nations.
There are numerous regional players in Asia Pacific region. However, the major firms are investing heavily into the Research and Development for producing the best Caprolactums, are BASF SE, Honeywell Chemical Intermediates, Sumitomo Chemical Company, China Petroleum and Chemical Corporation apart from a number of other key players.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the Global Caprolactum Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence Global Caprolactum Market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market shares
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the Market on global scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the global market
- Insights on the major regions in which this industry is blooming and identify the regions that are still untapped.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. Description
- 1.2. Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Caprolactam Market
- 3.1. Overview
- 3.2. Industry Chain Analysis
- 3.3. Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 3.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 3.3.2. Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 3.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
- 3.3.4. Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 3.3.5. Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Drivers
- 4.1.1. Increase in demand from the rapidly increasing Asian economies
- 4.1.2. Increase in demand of Nylon 6
- 4.1.3. Demand from the automotive industry leading to increase in industrial yarns market
- 4.1.4. Increased demand from the Engineering Plastics
- 4.2. Constraints
- 4.2.1. Saturation in demand from Japan
- 4.2.2. Price Volatility in the raw materials
- 4.3. Opportunities
- 4.3.1. Focus on Recycling the Caprolactum
5. Market Segmentation
- 5.1. By Raw Materials
- 5.1.1. Phenol
- 5.1.2. Cyclohexane
- 5.2. By End Product
- 5.2.1. Nylon 6 Resins
- 5.2.2. Nylon 6 Fibers
- 5.2.3. Others
- 5.3. By Application
- 5.3.1. Engineering Resins and Films
- 5.3.2. Industrial Yarns
- 5.3.3. Textiles and Carpets
- 5.4. By Industry
- 5.4.1. Automotive
- 5.4.2. Carpet Industry
- 5.4.3. Textile Industry
6. Regional Market Analysis
- 6.1. Asia-Pacific
- 6.1.1. China
- 6.1.2. India
- 6.1.3. Japan
- 6.1.4. South Korea
- 6.1.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 6.2. North America
- 6.2.1. United States
- 6.2.2. Canada
- 6.2.3. Mexico
- 6.2.4. Rest of North America
- 6.3. Europe
- 6.3.1. Germany
- 6.3.2. Italy
- 6.3.3. France
- 6.3.4. Rest of Europe
- 6.4. South America
- 6.4.1. Brazil
- 6.4.2. Argentina
- 6.4.3. Rest of South America
- 6.5. Middle East and Africa
- 6.5.1. Saudi Arabia
- 6.5.2. South Africa
- 6.5.3. Rest of Middle East and Africa
7. Demand Supply Analysis
- 7.1. Export Import Analysis
- 7.2. Price Analysis
- 7.3. Vendor Analysis
8. Competitive Landscape
- 8.1. Merger and Acquisition
- 8.2. Joint Ventures and Collaborations
- 8.3. Market Share Analysis
- 8.4. Strategies adopted by Major Players
9. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, Products and Services, and Recent Developments)
- 9.1. BASF SE
- 9.2. Capro Corp.
- 9.3. China National Petroleum Corp.
- 9.4. China Petroleum & Chemical Corp.
- 9.5. DOMO Caproleuna GmbH
- 9.6. Fertilizers & Chemicals Travancore Ltd.
- 9.7. Gujarat State Fertilizers & Chemicals Ltd.
- 9.8. Honeywell Chemical Intermediates
- 9.9. IRPC Public Company Ltd.
- 9.10. Juhua Group Corp.
- 9.11. Lanxess AG
- 9.12. Marubeni Corp.
- 9.13. Ojsc Kuibyshevazot
- 9.14. Royal DSM N.V.
- 9.15. Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd.
- 9.16. Toray Industries, Inc.
- 9.17. UBE Industry Group