The global carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) market has been estimated at USD XX billion in 2015 and is projected to reach USD XX billion by 2020, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period from 2015 to 2020.
Carbon filament, the raw material for the carbon fiber re-inforced polymer is produced from the precursor polymers such as polyacrylonitrile (PAN), rayon, or petroleum pitch. For synthetic polymers such as polyacrylonitrile (PAN) or rayon, the precursor is spun into filament yarns with the help of chemical and mechanical processes to align the chain like structures, which would ultimately enhance the properties of the polymer. Carbon fiber is almost 10 times stronger than the steel and less than half of its weight. It also exhibits high rigidity.
The demand for CFRP is the highest in the North American region, due to a strong demand from the aerospace, defense, automobile, construction, sports and leisure sectors. The CFRP is useful in weight reduction and thus is helpful in the various areas. Use of these materials would help in reducing the fuel usage and even coping up with the environmental regulations. The CFRP recently have developed a great use in the improving marine industry. These plastics have played an impressive role in replacing the use of metals and high tension steels.
Market Dynamic of the Global CFRP Market:
The market is expected to gain in emerging markets rapidly, due to increase in environmental regulations by various governments. On the other hand, high cost associated with its manufacturing is a key challenge for the market. However, continuous R&D in the field of plastics and polymers would increase the price factor in the future and even increase the efficiency of the plastics.
The major companies have an increasing share in the market as they have been continuously acquiring and creating joint ventures to increase their market share; such major firms are investing heavily in research and development and thus have a major market share. Some of the prominent firms in the global CFRP industry are:
- Cytec Solvay Group
- Formosa Plastics Corporation
- Hexcel Corporation
- Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd.
Key Deliverables in the Study:
- Analysis for the global carbon fiber reinforced plastic market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the global market.
- Insights on the major regions in which this industry is blooming and identifying the regions that are still untapped.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. Description
- 1.2. Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastics Market
- 3.1. Overview
- 3.2. Industry Chain Analysis
- 3.3. Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 3.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 3.3.2. Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 3.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
- 3.3.4. Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 3.3.5. Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Drivers
- 4.1.1. Growing Demand from Aerospace Industry
- 4.1.2. Rising Demand for Fuel Efficient and Light-weight Vehicles
- 4.1.3. Growing Usage of CFRP in Wind Mills
- 4.1.4. Increase in deeper Oil and Gas Exploration
- 4.2. Constraints
- 4.2.1. High Cost of the CRFPs
- 4.2.2. Inadequate Production Capacity
- 4.2.3. Requirement for Low Cost Technologies
- 4.2.4. Inefficiency Prior to Recycling
- 4.3. Opportunities
- 4.3.1. Growing Demand from the Emerging Market and Asia-Pacific Region
- 4.3.2. Shifting Focus towards the Development of Low Cost Products
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
- 5.1. By Raw Material
- 5.1.1. PAN (Polyacrylonitile) Based
- 188.8.131.52. Virgin Fiber (VCF)
- 184.108.40.206. Recycled Fiber (RCF)
- 5.1.2. Pitch Based
- 220.127.116.11. Virgin Fiber (VCF)
- 18.104.22.168. Recycled Fiber (RCF)
- 5.2. By Resin Type
- 5.2.1. Thermosetting CRFPs
- 5.2.2. Thermoplastics CRFPs
- 5.3. By End-user Industry
- 5.3.1. Aerospace
- 5.3.2. Automobiles
- 5.3.3. Sports and Leisure
- 5.3.4. Civil Engineering
- 5.3.5. Wind Power Industry
- 5.3.6. Other Industries
6. Regional Market Analysis
- 6.1. Asia-Pacific
- 6.1.1. China
- 6.1.2. India
- 6.1.3. Japan
- 6.1.4. South Korea
- 6.1.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 6.2. North America
- 6.2.1. United States
- 6.2.2. Canada
- 6.2.3. Mexico
- 6.2.4. Rest of North America
- 6.3. Europe
- 6.3.1. Germany
- 6.3.2. Italy
- 6.3.3. France
- 6.3.4. UK
- 6.3.5. Rest of Europe
- 6.4. South America
- 6.4.1. Brazil
- 6.4.2. Argentina
- 6.4.3. Rest of South America
- 6.5. Middle East and Africa
- 6.5.1. Saudi Arabia
- 6.5.2. South Africa
- 6.5.3. Rest of Middle East and Africa
7. Demand Supply Analysis
8. Competitive Landscape
- 8.1. Merger and Acquisition
- 8.2. Joint Ventures and Collaborations
- 8.3. Market Share Analysis
- 8.4. Strategies adopted by Major Players
9. Company Profiles
- 9.1. Fiber Manufacturers
- 9.1.1. A&P Technology
- 9.1.2. Applied Sciences Inc.
- 9.1.3. Cytec Solvay Group
- 9.1.4. Formosa Plastics Corporation - Tairylan Division
- 9.1.5. Hexcel Corp.
- 9.1.6. Holding Company Composite (HCC)
- 9.1.7. Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd.
- 9.1.8. Nippon Graphite Fiber Corp.
- 9.1.9. Quickstep Technologies
- 9.1.10. SABIC
- 9.1.11. SGL Group-The Carbon Co.
- 9.1.12. Teijin Ltd.
- 9.1.13. Toray Industries Inc.
- 9.1.14. Toho Tenax Co. Ltd.
- 9.1.15. Magna International
- 9.2. Component Manufacturers
- 9.2.1. Allred & Associates Inc
- 9.2.2. Carbonmade
- 9.2.3. Cristex Composite Materials
- 9.2.4. Elite Carbon Fibre ltd
- 9.2.5. EPSILON COMPOSITE
- 9.2.6. Formtech Composites
- 9.2.7. Germa Composite
- 9.2.8. Italica S.p.A
- 9.2.9. Nikkiso
- 9.2.10. NORCO GRP Ltd
- 9.2.11. Polar Manufacturing Ltd
- 9.2.12. ReVerie Limited
- 9.2.13. Rochling Group
- 9.2.14. Senior PLC
(List Not Exhaustive)