The global moving bed bioreactor (MBBR) market is estimated at USD 936 million in 2015 and is expected to grow at rapid pace with CAGR of over 20% till 2020. The major driving force for the market includes stringent legislation in developed markets of North America and the Europe, accompanied by fast urbanization, particularly in the Asia-Pacific and the Middle East and Africa regions, putting stress on wastewater infrastructure development.
The demand for wastewater treatment technologies in the near future is expected to remain high especially those offering eco-friendly alternatives to reduce the carbon footprint of treatment plants, preserve ecological habitats, and provide higher efficiency of treatment. MBBR is suited best in this regard offering a smaller carbon footprint, unrivaled efficiency in water treatment needed for industrial firms/municipalities to meet the stringent pollutant discharge limits. MBBR also provides cost effective replacements of older systems, while simultaneously providing superior efficiency and capacity utilization of existing infrastructure, thus helping preserve investments in plant infrastructure and hence ideally suited for upgrade and capacity expansion of existing wastewater treatment plants.
Market Dynamics of the Global Moving Bed Bioreactor (MBBR) Market:
- Lack of freshwater resources
- Population growth
- Stringent government emission laws
- Industrial growth
- Inefficient irrigation within agriculture
- Funding for capital improvement projects
The market is segmented on the basis of various end-user industries into municipal wastewater treatment, food & beverage, pulp & paper, marine industry and poultry & aquaculture among others. The market is also segmented by application into biochemical oxygen demand (BOD) / COD removal, nitrification/de-nitrification and others.
The report offers insights into the recent developments, financials and products & services offered by the major players in the industry. The companies discussed in this report are:
- Biowater Technology A/S
- Degremont Technologies Ltd.
- Dow Water & Process Solutions
- Evoqua Water Technologies
- Siemens Water Solutions
- Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies
Key Deliverables in the Study:
- Market analysis for the global moving bed bioreactor market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global moving bed bioreactor market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. Description
- 1.2. Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Global Moving Bed Bioreactors Market
- 3.1. Overview
- 3.2. Industry Value Chain Analysis
- 3.3. Industry Attractiveness Porters 5. Force Analysis
- 3.3.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 3.3.2. Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 3.3.3. Threat of New Entrants
- 3.3.4. Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 3.3.5. Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
- 4.1. Drivers
- 4.1.1. Lack of freshwater resources
- 4.1.2. Population growth
- 4.1.3. Stringent government emission laws
- 4.1.4. Industrial growth
- 4.1.5. Inefficient irrigation within agriculture
- 4.2. Restraints
- 4.2.1. Lack of Awareness
- 4.2.2. Funding for capital improvement projects
- 4.3. Opportunities
- 4.3.1. R&D within water technology
- 4.3.2. Reducing intermediary channels
- 4.4. Future trends
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis
- 5.1. By End-user Industry
- 5.1.1. Municipal Wastewater Treatment
- 5.1.2. Food & Beverage Industry
- 5.1.3. Pulp & Paper Industry
- 5.1.4. Packaging Industry
- 5.1.5. Healthcare Industry
- 5.1.6. Marine Industry
- 5.1.7. Poultry and aquaculture
- 5.1.8. Chemical and Other Industries
- 5.2. By Application
- 5.2.1. Biochemical oxygen demand (BOD) / COD Removal
- 5.2.2. Nitrification/De-nitrification
- 5.2.3. Others
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
- 6.1. North Americ
- 6.1.1. U.S.
- 6.1.2. Canada
- 6.1.3. Mexico
- 6.1.4. Rest of North America
- 6.2. Europe
- 6.2.1. Germany
- 6.2.2. United Kingdom
- 6.2.3. France
- 6.2.4. Italy
- 6.2.5. Rest of Europe
- 6.3. Asia-Pacific
- 6.3.1. China
- 6.3.2. India
- 6.3.3. Japan
- 6.3.4. South Korea
- 6.3.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
- 6.4. South America
- 6.4.1. Brazil
- 6.4.3. Rest of South America
- 6.5. Middle-East& Africa
- 6.5.1. Saudi Arabia
- 6.5.2. South Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
- 7.1. Mergers & Acquisitions
- 7.2. Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
- 7.3. Market Share Analysis
- 7.4. Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Products & Services, Financials, Recent Developments)
- 8.1. Aquatech International
- 8.2. Degremont Technologies Ltd.
- 8.3. Veolia Water Technologies
- 8.4. Applied Water Solutions Inc
- 8.5. Aquapoint Inc
- 8.6. Biowater Technology A/S
- 8.7. Headworks Inc
- 8.8. Dow Water & Process Solutions
- 8.9. Evoqua Water Technologies
- 8.10. GE Water & Process Technologies
- 8.11. Ovivo
- 8.12. Siemens Water Technologies
- 8.13. Wock-Oliver Inc
- 8.14. World Water Works Inc
- 8.15. AqWise - Wise Water Technologies Ltd.,
- 8.16. Schlumberger