The European animal feed market is witnessing favorable market trends, such as rising demand for high protein diets, especially in the developing economies of Russia and Germany where per capita income is also rising rapidly.
The European animal feed market is primarily dependent on the type of feed, the type of animal/livestock and the regulatory structure in the market. Animal disease outbreaks have resulted in increased concern over meat quality and safety, and are driving the growth of feed additives for better animal health and disease protection. The regulatory ban on antibiotics as growth promoters in Europe has had a negative impact on market growth in these regions. However, the overall outlook of the animal feed additive industry is positive. New business opportunities, in the form of better product development and increasing sales of non-antibiotic feed additives, are expected in the near future. Demand is also rising because of increasing facilities for mass meat production. The industry is estimated to cross USD 108,700 million in 2020 with a forecasted CAGR of 2.6% in the next five years.
In this report, the European compound feed market is segmented by type of feed, animal type and geographic region. Market size and forecast are provided for each of these segments. The market has many global as well as regional players, mainly in the animal feed business. This market constitutes a minor share in terms of their product portfolio, sales and volume.
The major players in the compound feed market are Cargill (U.S.), ADM (U.S.), Nutreco NV (The Netherlands) and Charoen Pokphand (Thailand), among others. Major players are rapidly tapping into these markets through both organic and inorganic growth strategies. Over the last five years, the most adopted strategy for growth has been mergers and acquisitions.
Key Deliverables in the Study:
- Market analysis for the European compound food market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- An extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies, along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the European compound food market on a global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- Wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is blooming, and identification of regions that are still untapped.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. Methodology
- 1.2. Definition of the market
2. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
3. EUROPEAN COMPOUND FEED MARKET - OVERVIEW
4. MARKET ANALYSIS
- 4.1. Livestock Industry Trend
- 4.2. Meat Industry Trend
- 4.2.1. Bovine Meat
- 4.2.2. Pig Meat
- 4.2.3. Poultry Meat
- 4.3. Price Trend Analysis
- 4.4. Threshold Matters of the Industry
- 4.4.1. Use of Antibiotics
- 4.5. Factors Affecting the Global Market
- 4.5.1. Drivers
- 184.108.40.206. Growing demand for meat and aquaculture products
- 220.127.116.11. Increased awareness regarding quality meat and milk products
- 18.104.22.168. Increased industrial livestock production
- 4.5.2. Restraints
- 22.214.171.124. Rising cost of raw materials
- 126.96.36.199. Government regulations
- 4.5.3. Opportunities
- 4.6. Porter's Analysis
- 4.6.1. Bargaining Power of Buyers
- 4.6.2. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 4.6.3. Degree of Competition
- 4.6.4. Threat of New Entrants
- 4.6.5. Threat of Substitutes
- 4.7. Global Regulatory Environment - Impact Analysis
- 4.7.1. North America
- 4.7.2. Europe
- 4.7.3. Asia
- 4.8. Value Chain Analysis
5. EUROPEa€™S SHARE IN THE GLOBAL COMPOUND FEED MARKET
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
- 6.1. By Ingredients
- 6.1.1. Cereals
- 6.1.2. Cereal by-products
- 6.1.3. Oilseed meals
- 6.1.4. Oil
- 6.1.5. Molasses
- 6.1.6. Supplements
- 6.1.7. Others
- 6.2. By Supplements
- 6.2.1. Vitamins
- 6.2.2. Amino Acids
- 6.2.3. Antibiotics
- 6.2.4. Enzymes
- 6.2.5. Anti-oxidants
- 6.2.6. Acidifiers
- 6.2.7. Probiotics & Prebiotics
- 6.2.8. Others
- 6.3. By Animals
- 6.3.1. Ruminant feed
- 6.3.2. Swine feed
- 6.3.3. Poultry feed
- 6.3.4. Fish feed
- 6.3.5. Other animals
7. COUNTRY-LEVEL ANALYSIS (by ingredients, by supplements & animal type)
- 7.1. Spain
- 7.2. U.K.
- 7.3. France
- 7.4. Germany
- 7.5. Russia
- 7.6. Italy
- 7.7. Rest of Europe
8. THE FUTURE OF THE INDUSTRY - EXPERT VIEW
9. PROFILES OF KEY GLOBAL PLAYERS (Overview, Products & Services, Key Strategies and Financials)
- 9.1. Charoen Pokphand (Thailand)
- 9.2. Cargill Inc. (U.S.)
- 9.3. Land O Lakes Purina (U.S.)
- 9.4. Alltech Inc. (U.S.)
- 9.5. Archer Daniels Midland (U.S.)
- 9.6. New Hope Group (China)
- 9.7. Wena€™s Group (China)
- 9.8. ForFarmers (The Netherlands)
- 9.9. Miratorg Agribusiness Holding (Russia)
- 9.10. Kyodo Shiryo Company (Japan)
- 9.11. Sodrugestvo Group (Russia)
- 9.12. DeKalb Feeds (U.S.)
- 9.13. De Heus (The Netherlands)
- 9.14. Ballance Agri-Nutrients (New Zealand)
- 9.15. Heiskell & CO. (U.S.)
- 9.16. Kent Feeds (U.S.)
- 9.17. Weston Milling Animal Nutrition (Australia)
- 9.18. Zheng DA International Group (China)
- 9.19. Ewos Group (Norway)
- 9.20. Nutreco NV (The Netherlands)
10. LIST OF EUROPE-BASED FEED COMPANIES
- 11.1. Abbreviations
- 11.2. Sources
- 11.3. Bibliography
- 11.4. Disclaimer