The global market for cattle health is currently estimated at USD 2,871 million for the year 2014 and is poised to reach USD 4,741 million by the end of 2020. The CAGR expected during this period of the forecast is 8.72%.
Global Cattle Health Market-Market Dynamics
Growing animal food product consumption is leading to an increase in demand for animal healthcare products and services. Cattle producers have long recognized the need for proper husbandry and stewardship, given the intensive animal husbandry model that currently houses a majority of cattle reared each year.
Some of the key factors driving the market towards growth are:
- Improved nutrition
- Intensifying consumer focus on food safety
- Greater livestock production rates
- Increasing foodborne diseases
- Growing beef production
- Increasing demand for animal protein
Scarcity of arable land and water, increased competition for cultivated land and cost effective production are the factors hindering the growth of the market.
Currently, North America leads the global market for cattle health, followed by Europe. However, developing regions like Asia-Pacific and Africa are expected to grow rapidly, forming new revenue pockets in the market. Countries such as India, China, and Japan are expected to be major contributors to this market over the next decade.
The global cattle health market is segmented by type of products (vaccines, parasiticides, anti-infectives, medicinal feed additives, and other pharmaceuticals), by diagnostics (Enzyme Linked Sorbent Assay (ELISA), Rapid Immuno migration (RIM), and Agar Gel Immunodiffusion (AGID), by molecular diagnostic tests (PCR, diagnostic imaging, ultrasound imaging, MRI), by genetics and by geography, the market is divided into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe and Rest of the World.
Some of the key players in the market are:
- Bayer Healthcare
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Ceva Animal Health, Inc.
- Merial (Animal Health Division of Sanofi)
- Zoetis Animal Healthcare
What the Report Offers
- Market definition for the global cattle health market along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the cattle health market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies that can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their strategic initiatives and market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the cattle health market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. Market Definition
- 1.2. Market Recent Trends
2. Market Analysis
- 2.1. Market Animal Health Products
- 2.2. Animal medicines vs. human Medicines
3. Market Dynamics
- 3.1. Market Drivers
- 3.1.1. Improved Nutrition
- 3.1.2. Intensifying consumer focus on food safety
- 3.1.3. Greater Livestock production
- 3.1.4. Increasing Zoonotic and Foodborne Diseases
- 3.2. Market Constraints
- 3.2.1. Scarcity of arable land and water
- 3.2.2. Increased competition for cultivated land
- 3.3.3. Cost-effective production
- 3.3. Porter's Five Force Analysis
- 3.3.1. Threat of New Entrant
- 3.3.2. Internal Rivalry
- 3.3.3. Buyer bargaining power
- 3.3.4. Supplier bargaining power
- 3.3.5. Threat of substitutes
4. Global Cattle Healthcare Market Segmentation
- 4.1. Global Cattle healthcare market, By products
- 4.1.1. Vaccines
- 4.1.2. Parasiticides
- 4.1.3. Anti-Infectives
- 4.1.4. Medicinal Feed Additives
- 4.1.5. Other Pharmaceuticals
- 4.2. Global Cattle Diagnostic market, By products
- 4.2.1. Introduction
- 18.104.22.168. Immunodiagnostic Tests
- 22.214.171.124.1. Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA)
- 126.96.36.199.2. Rapid Immuno Migration (RIM‰a¢)
- 188.8.131.52.3. Agar gel immunodiffusion (AGID)
- 184.108.40.206. Molecular Diagnostic Tests
- 220.127.116.11.1. Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
- 18.104.22.168.2. Diagnostic Imaging
- 22.214.171.124.3. Ultrasound Imaging
- 126.96.36.199.4. MRI Scanning
- 4.3. Global Cattle Genetics Market
- 4.4. Global Cattle Healthcare Market Segmentation, By Geography
- 4.4.1. North America
- 188.8.131.52. US
- 184.108.40.206. Mexico
- 220.127.116.11. Canada
- 4.4.2. Europe
- 18.104.22.168. France
- 22.214.171.124. Italy
- 126.96.36.199. Germany
- 188.8.131.52. Spain
- 184.108.40.206. Sweden
- 220.127.116.11. Rest of Europe
- 4.4.3. Asia-Pacific
- 18.104.22.168. India
- 22.214.171.124. China
- 126.96.36.199. Japan
- 188.8.131.52. Rest of Asia-Pacific
5. Competitive landscape
- 5.1. Major players in the market
- 5.2. Mergers and acquisitions
- 5.3. New product launches
- 5.4. Agreement, Collaborations, and Partnerships
- 5.5. Recommendations for New market players
- 5.6. Recommendations for Existing market players
- 5.7. Market Share Analysis
- 5.8. Value Chain Analysis
6. Company profiles
- 6.1. Zoetis animal healthcare
- 6.2. Merck
- 6.3. Merial (Animal Health Division of Sanofi)
- 6.4. Elanco
- 6.5. Bayer healthcare
- 6.6. Ceva Animal Health, Inc.
- 6.7. Virbac
- 6.8. Boehringer Ingelheim
- 7.1. Abbreviations
- 7.2. Sources
- 7.3. Bibliography
- 7.4. Disclaimer