The global genetic testing market accounted for USD 3.8 Billion in 2015 and is estimated to reach USD 4.23 billion in 2016. Growing at a moderately high CAGR of 9.7%, the market value is expected to reach USD 6.7 billion by 2021.
In the recent years, with advancements in science and technology, genetic testing has grown to become one of the most important markets in healthcare. Genetic testing allows diagnosis of a disease after its onset, as well as predicting the risk of acquiring a certain disease. There are a number of government initiatives that are being taken to bring about awareness and educate people about the benefits of genetic testing.
Global Genetic Testing Market- Market Segmentation
The global genetic testing market is segmented by type, disease, technology and geography.
By type, the market is segmented into carrier testing, diagnostic testing, new-born screening, predictive & pre-symptomatic testing and prenatal testing.
The new-born screening market accounted for the highest market share in 2015 and is projected to reach USD XX million in 2016 and USD XX billion by 2021, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period. However, the carrier testing market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of XX% from 2016 to 2021.
By disease, the market is segmented into Alzheimer's, cancer, cystic fibrosis, sickle cell anemia, Duchenne's muscular dystrophy, thalassemia, and Huntington‰Uªs disease.
The cancer testing market holds the largest share and is projected to reach USD XX million in 2016 and USD XX billion by 2021. The Alzheimer‰Uªs disease testing market holds the second largest share and is estimated to reach USD XX million in 2016.
By technology, the market is segmented into cytogenetic testing, molecular testing, and biochemical testing markets.
The molecular testing market holds the largest share, estimated to reach USD XX billion in 2016. However, the cytogenetic testing market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of XX% during the forecast period.
By geography, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East & Africa and Latin America.
North America accounted for the highest market share and is estimated to reach USD XX billion in 2016. The market in this region is expected to be valued at USD XX billion by 2021, at a CAGR of XX% from 2016 to 2021. The Asia-Pacific market is growing at a CAGR of XX%.
Some of the key players in the market are:
- Transgenomic, Inc.
- 23 & Me
- Sequenom, Inc.
- Abbott Molecular
- Biocartis SA
- Illumina Inc.
- Luminex Corporation
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the genetic testing market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on the global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the genetic testing market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insight about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and also to identify the regions that are still untapped.
Table of Contents
- 1.1. Study Deliverables
- 1.2. Market Definition
- 1.3. Sizing Units
- 1.4. Base Currency
- 1.5. Review and Forecast Period Years
- 1.6. General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
- 2.1. Introduction
- 2.2. Analysis Methodology
- 2.3. Econometric Forecast Model
- 2.4. Research Assumptions
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Inferences
5. Market Overview and Industry trends
- 5.1. Current Market Scenario
- 5.2. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 5.2.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
- 5.2.2. Bargaining Power of Consumers
- 5.2.3. Threat of New Entrants
- 5.2.4. Threat of Substitute Products and Services
- 5.2.5. Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
6. Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, and Challenges (DROC) Analysis
- 6.1. Market Drivers
- 6.1.1. Emphasis on Early Disease Detection and Prevention
- 6.1.2. Growing Demand for Personalized Medicine
- 6.1.3. Increasing Application of Genetic Testing in Oncology
- 6.2. Market Restraints
- 6.2.1. High Costs of Genetic Testing Market
- 6.2.2. Potentially Adverse Personal or Societal Consequences
- 6.3. Market Opportunities
- 6.3.1. Genetic Counseling
- 6.3.2. Genetic Nursing
- 6.4. Market Challenges
- 6.4.1. Lack of Regulation
7. Global Genetic Testing Market Segmentation
- 7.1. By Type
- 7.1.1. Carrier Testing
- 7.1.2. Diagnostic Testing
- 7.1.3. New Born Screening
- 7.1.4. Predictive & Presymptomatic Testing
- 7.1.5. Prenatal Testing
- 7.2. By Diseases
- 7.2.1. Alzheimer's Diseases
- 7.2.2. Cancer
- 7.2.3. Cystic Fibrosis
- 7.2.4. Sickle Cell Anemia
- 7.2.5. Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy
- 7.2.6. Thalassemia
- 7.2.7. Huntington's disease
- 7.2.8. Others
- 7.3. By Technology
- 7.3.1. Cytogenetic testing
- 7.3.2. Biochemical testing
- 7.3.3. Molecular Testing
- 7.4. By Geography
- 7.4.1. North America
- 22.214.171.124. USA
- 126.96.36.199. Canada
- 188.8.131.52. Mexico
- 7.4.2. Europe
- 184.108.40.206. Germany
- 220.127.116.11. UK
- 18.104.22.168. France
- 22.214.171.124. Italy
- 126.96.36.199. Spain
- 188.8.131.52. BENELUX
- 184.108.40.206. Scandinavia
- 7.4.3. Asia-Pacific
- 220.127.116.11. China
- 18.104.22.168. India
- 22.214.171.124. Japan
- 126.96.36.199. Australia & New Zealand
- 188.8.131.52. South Korea
- 184.108.40.206. Rest of APAC
- 7.4.4. Middle East & Africa
- 220.127.116.11. GCC
- 18.104.22.168. Egypt
- 22.214.171.124. South Africa
- 126.96.36.199. Rest of Middle East & Africa
- 7.4.5. Latin America
- 188.8.131.52. Brazil
- 184.108.40.206. Argentina
- 220.127.116.11. Rest of Latin America
8. Competitive Landscape
- 8.1. Mergers & Acquisitions
- 8.2. Agreements, Collaborations & Partnerships
- 8.3. New Product Launches
9. Company Profiles
- 9.1. 23 & me
- 9.2. Abbott Molecular
- 9.3. Ariosa Diagnostics, Inc.
- 9.4. Biocartis Sa
- 9.5. Cepheid
- 9.6. Illumina, Inc
- 9.7. Luminex Corporation
- 9.8. Sequenom, Inc
- 9.9. Transgenomic, Inc
10. Analyst Outlook for Investment Opportunities
11. Future Outlook of the Market
Download Free Sample Now.