Hardware products in Internet of Things (IoT) typically include middleware such as microcontrollers, microprocessors, embedded systems, sensors, gateway devices and allied materials such as amplifiers, step down converters, batteries, fixtures, etc. OEM Hardware in "embedded things" will play an important role in the emerging IoT ecosystem and will be characterized by real-time computing, low power consumption, low maintenance, and high availability.
IoT hardware and CPE manufacturers are one the first beneficiaries of developments in the IoT business. Internet enabled hardware, chips, edge devices and such other hardware used in IoT will constitute 30% market of total revenue generated in the year 2020. The revenue generated in 2015 of $336 billion will reach to $453 billion through 2020 with a CAGR of 6.2%.
This research identifies opportunities for embedded hardware in IoT including Other Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) providers. Mind Commerce also evaluates the market opportunities and outlook for OEM channels and quantifies the markets and business for IoT hardware. The report includes detailed forecasts for 2015 to 2020. All purchases of Mind Commerce reports includes time with an expert analyst who will help you link key findings in the report to the business issues you're addressing. This needs to be used within three months of purchasing the report.
- OEM hardware developers
- IoT service and app developers
- Network operators and other CSPs
- Big Data and data management companies
- IoT hardware, platform, and infrastructure providers
- ISV, SI, and VAR channels for software implementation
Table of Contents
- 1.1. Scope of Study
- 1.2. Intended Audience
- 1.3. Companies in Report
2. Executive Summary
- 2.1. Regional Markets for IoT Hardware 2015 - 2020
- 2.2. Market Leaders for IoT Hardware 2015 - 2020
- 3.1. Internet of Things (IoT)
- 3.1. Consumer IoT
- 220.127.116.11. Connected Home Entertainment Devices
- 18.104.22.168. Connected Home Security and Monitoring Devices
- 22.214.171.124. Connected Home Energy Conservation Devices
- 126.96.36.199. Connected Home Utility Monitoring Devices
- 188.8.131.52. Connected Car
- 184.108.40.206. Wearables
- 3.2. Industrial IoT (IIoT)
- 220.127.116.11. Smart Manufacturing
- 18.104.22.168. Smart Utilities
- 22.214.171.124. Smart Tracking
- 126.96.36.199. Smart Instrumentation in Oil & Gas Industry
- 188.8.131.52. Smart Healthcare
- 3.3. Overall Market for IoT 2015-2020
4. IoT Ecosystem
- 4.1. Global Forecast for IoT Ecosystem by Segment
- 4.2. Regional Markets for IoT Ecosystem 2015 - 2020
- 5. Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in IoT
- 5.1. OEM Hardware in IoT
- 5.1.1. IoT uses Low Power, Short-range, Embedded Systems
- 5.1.2. OEM Hardware used in IoT
- 184.108.40.206. Sensors
- 220.127.116.11. Short Range Low Power Radio Devices
- 18.104.22.168. Network Devices: Gateway / Hub / Router / Bridges
- 22.214.171.124. Edge devices
- 5.1.3. Role of OEM Hardware (Things) in IoT
- 5.1.4. Next Generation Chips are in Development to Meet Anticipated IoT Needs
- 5.1.5. Focus will be to Develop Small Devices
6. OEM Hardware Global Market 2015 - 2020
- 6.1. Global IoT Hardware Market 2015 - 2020
- 6.2. Regional Markets for IoT Hardware 2015 - 2020
7. OEM Hardware / Hardware Platform Manufacturers
- 7.1.1. 365 Agile Limited (365 Agile Group Plc)
- 7.1.2. Ambiq Micro
- 7.1.3. ARM Holdings
- 7.1.4. B+B SmartWorx
- 7.2.1. Digi International
- 7.2.2. Echelon's IzoT platform
- 7.2.3. Elecsys Corporation
- 7.2.4. Entropic
- 7.2.5. Fairchild Semiconductors International
- 7.2.6. Infineon Technologies AG
- 7.2.7. Intel Security Group (McAfee)
- 7.2.8. LeddarTech Inc.
- 7.2.9. Marvell
- 7.2.10. Nanjing IoT Sensor Technology Co., Ltd.
- 7.2.11. Nest Labs.
- 7.2.12. Netgear
- 7.2.13. Symantec
- 7.2.14. Technicolor
- 7.2.15. Qualcomm Atheros Inc.
- 7.2.16. Sensata Technologies
- 7.2.17. Seraphim Sense Ltd.
- 7.2.18. Silicon Laboratories, Inc.
- 7.2.19. Texas Instruments Inc.
- 7.2.20. Worldsensing
- 7.2.21. Wovyn LLC.
- 7.3. End to End Solution Providers
- 7.3.1. AT&T Inc.
- 7.3.2. Cisco System Inc.
- 7.3.3. Netgem
- 7.4. IoT Vendor Alliances for Interoperability
- 7.4.1. ZigBee Alliance
- 7.4.2. Z-Wave Alliance
- 7.4.3. Insteon
- 7.4.4. Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA)
- 7.4.5. Thread
- 7.4.6. Object Management Group (OMG)
- Figure 1: Global IoT Markets 2015 - 2020
- Figure 2: IoT Vendor Ecosystem
- Figure 3: IoT Markets by Segment of Ecosystem
- Figure 4: IoT Ecosystem: Markets by Region 2015 - 2020
- Figure 5: Diagram of Mesh Network
- Figure 6: IoT Smart Sensor Functional Elements
- Figure 7: IoT Hardware Global Market
- Figure 8: Regional Markets for IoT Hardware
- Figure 9: Anatomy of the IzoT Platform
- Table 1: Global IoT Markets 2015 - 2020
- Table 2: IoT Markets by Segment of Ecosystem
- Table 3: IoT Ecosystem: Markets by Region 2015 - 2020
- Table 4: Global IoT Hardware Market
- Table 5: Regional Markets for IoT OEM Hardware