It is an exciting time in the field of ocular drug delivery, with a number of innovative delivery systems showing promise. The market is currently dominated by topical products such as drops and ointments which are inefficient and can be difficult to administer properly. Injectable formulations are available to a lesser extent and can be associated with serious side effects and require administration by a medical professional. Fortunately there are a record number of companies developing improved ocular delivery systems which provide benefits such as sustained release, accurate dosing, and ease of administration. These companies range from emerging start-ups with preclinical projects to established specialty companies with late-stage pipeline products. Collectively, these companies have more than 70 novel ocular formulations and products in various stages of development for indications such as glaucoma, uveitis, macular degeneration, and dry eye disease.
This 144 page report provides a comprehensive overview of the ocular drug delivery segment and includes detailed product and technology information, market data, DDS pipelines by therapeutic category, company profiles, and partnering opportunities.
- Eye Diseases
- Overview and prevalence data
- Marketed therapeutics by indication
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Macular edema
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Ophthalmic Market Overview
- Sales of top ten ophthalmic products, 2015-2016
- Key players by revenue
- Key players with drug delivery-enabled products
- Ocular Drug Delivery Landscape
- Non-invasive and invasive delivery technologies
- Approved ocular drug delivery formulations
- Ocular drug delivery pipeline by therapeutic category
- Future perspectives and development opportunities
- 46 Company Profiles by Technology Type
- Novel aerosol and eye drop devices
- Punctal plugs
- Topical delivery systems
- Injectables and implants
- Ocular inserts
- Drug-eluting lenses
For each company profiled, the following information is provided:
- Technology Description
- Development Status / Pipeline Products
- Patents and Publications
- Partnership Opportunities
- Business Development & Licensing Contact
Sample of Companies Profiled:
|EyeGate Pharma||Graybug Vision
|KMG Pharma||Leo Lens Technology
|Mati Therapeutics||Ocular Therapeutix
|Spindrift Therapeutics||ViSci, Ltd.
Reasons to Buy:
- Identify enabling delivery systems or devices for pipeline drugs
- Scout technologies for life cycle management of commercialized ophthalmic drugs
- Understand the key players and therapeutic segments
- Obtain product and technology information for launched ophthalmics
- View pipeline details for novel ocular formulations in development
- Discover product and technology licensing opportunities
Table of Contents
Chapter I: Eye Diseases
- Age Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
- Macular Edema and Diabetic Retinopathy
- Inflammatory Conditions
Chapter II: Market Overview
Chapter III: Ophthalmic Drug Delivery Landscape
- Non-Invasive Delivery Technologies
- Invasive Delivery Technologies
- Approved Ocular DDS Products
- Ocular DDS Pipeline
- Development Opportunities
- Future Perspectives
Chapter IV: Technology Profiles
- Novel Aerosol & Eye Drop Devices
- CIS Pharma
- Eyenovia, Inc.
- Mystic Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- SpinDrift Therapeutics
- Punctal Plugs
- Mati Therapeutics, Inc.
- Ocular Therapeutix., Inc.
- Topical Delivery Technologies
- Aciont, Inc.
- Amorphex Therapeutics, Inc.
- Apidel SA
- EyeCRO, LLC
- EyeGate Pharma
- EyeTrans Technologies, Inc.
- InSite Vision, Inc.
- Integral Ophthalmics, LLC
- Kala Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Novaliq GmbH
- Oculis Pharma
- Santen SAS
- Seagull Technologies Pty Ltd
- Injectables & Implants
- AsclepiX Therapeutics, LLC
- Clearside Biomedical, Inc.
- DelSiTech, Ltd
- Envisia Therapeutics, Inc.
- Glaukos Corporation
- Graybug Vision, Inc.
- Icon Bioscience, Inc.
- iVeena Delivery Systems
- KMG Pharma, LLC
- Layer Bio, Inc.
- Midatech Pharma, PlC
- Neurotech Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Ocuject, LLC
- Ohr Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- Peregrine Ophthalmic Pte Ltd
- PolyActiva Pty Ltd
- pSivida Corporation
- Replenish, Inc.
- Spinnaker Biosciences, Inc.
- Taiwan Liposome Company Limited
- TheraKine, Ltd
- Ocular Inserts
- Allergan plc
- ViSci Ltd. Visual Sciences
- Drug Eluting Lenses
- Leo Lens Technology, Inc.
- OcuMedic, Inc.
Tables & Figures
- Table 1: Eye Disease Prevalence
- Table 2: Wet AMD Therapeutics
- Table 3: Injectable Steroids for Macular Edema
- Table 4: Topical Glaucoma Products
- Table 5: Ocular Anti-Inflammatory Products
- Figure 1: Ophthalmic Products by Administration Route
- Table 6: Top-selling Prescription Ophthalmic Products 2015-2016
- Table 7: Ophthalmic Revenues of Key Players
- Table 8: Key Players with Ocular DDS Products
- Table 9: Comparison of Non-Invasive Ocular DDS
- Table 10: Comparison of Invasive Ocular DDS
- Figure 2: Timeline for Sustained Release Ocular Implant Products
- Table 11: Approved Ophthalmic Drug Delivery Products
- Table 12: Topical Glaucoma DDS Pipeline
- Table 13: Sustained Release Glaucoma Pipeline
- Table 14: Uveitis and Macular Edema DDS Pipeline
- Table 15: Ocular Pain and Inflammation DDS Pipeline
- Table 16: Macular Degeneration DDS Pipeline
- Table 17: Dry Eye DDS Pipeline
- Table 18: Ocular Pipeline Products with Drug Delivery Technology Needs
- Table 19: Eyenovia Pipeline
- Table 20: Mati Therapeutics Pipeline
- Table 21: Ocular Therapeutix Pipeline
- Table 22: Aciont Pipeline
- Table 23: Amorphex Pipeline
- Table 24: EyeGate Pipeline
- Table 25: InSite Vision Pipeline
- Table 26: Kala Pipeline
- Table 27: Novaliq Pipeline
- Table 28: Oculis Pipeline
- Table 29: Santen Pipeline
- Table 30: Advantages of AsclepiX Peptide Formulations vs Competitors
- Table 31: Clearside Bio Pipeline
- Table 32: Envisia Pipeline
- Table 33: Highlights of Graybug GB-102
- Table 34: Graybug Vision Pipeline
- Table 35: Icon Bioscience Pipeline
- Table 36: iVeena Pipeline
- Table 37: KMG Intravitreal and Subconjunctival Microneedle Injectors
- Table 38: KMG Intravitreal and Subconjunctival Needleless Injectors
- Table 39: KMG Submucosal Needleless Injectors
- Table 40: KMG Semi-Automated and Manual Intravitreal Injectors
- Table 41: Neurotech Pipeline
- Table 42: Leo Lens Technology Advantages