This new expanded 2016 edition of the study has never been more in demand and relevant as it is today.This new expanded 2016 edition of the study has never been more in demand and relevant as it is today.
Given the lack of reliable market information, Metal Bulletin Research (MBR) now offers the most comprehensive and accurate database of historic, current and future market data on production, trade, consumption and pricing for steel and steel raw materials in the Middle East.
Regional steel output growth continues to grow from both existing and new capacity. Projects continue to be put forward and while some have made good progress, others have been subject to delays or disruptions. Backward integration into steelmaking remains the focus of regional capital investment and this will continue - albeit with delays. This trend highlights the need for raw materials. Without iron ore (except Iran) and with limited scrap, the region will become increasingly dependent on international supplies of scrap and iron ore going forward.
Yet there are now ever more challenges trends from geo-political tensions, raw material prices, energy and steelmaking cost implications, new regional steel capacity growth, the changing structure and role of the Turkish steel industry and the threat of cheap imports undermining domestic regional steel producers.
These are some of the many questions that the latest update of our "A Strategic Market Outlook for the Middle East Steel Industry out to 2020" looks to answer.
The study also includes:
- Current, historic and forecast capacity, production, net trade and consumption for each product in each country out to 2020 - Full data provided in the report and MS excel
- By company analysis on planned production rates, cost structures, product mix, capacity expansions and target geographic markets - Detailed profiling of key steel and steel raw material companies and their future plans out to 2020
- Economic/end-user background by-sector forecasts out to 2020 by country
- Raw material availability (scrap and DRI) and options
- Comprehensive steel and steel raw material historic, current and forecast prices, by product out to 2020
A Strategic Market Outlook for the Middle East Steel Industry out to 2020 is a timely study providing crucial analysis and long-term forecasts in answering the key questions facing the industry today.
The impact of steel exports on the Middle East market
- Detailed statistics of Chinese exports by volume entering each market country by product, and forecasts out to 2020
- How global-scale threats such as surging Chinese steel exports will impact GCC producer market share and final sales prices through to 2020?
- What Middle East steel companies can do to protect themselves and protect margins
- How will these dynamics change out to 2020 and what will this mean to each market and major companies?
Other new features now included in the 2016 edition
- Comprehensive and updated market statistics for full year 2014 to include production, trade and consumption by each market, by major product
- Fully updated market forecasts by country and steel product out to 2020
- Fully year production rates by each steel company in each G.C.C market, and Turkey.
- Detailed breakdown of Chinese imports by steel product for each country
- Expanded and updated coverage of Iran to provide a comprehensive assessment of the economic and steel industry impact of the ending of economic sanctions
- New data on ferrous scrap by type consumption data by GCC country and forecast out to 2020.
- Expanded profiles of regional steel companies as well as details of major scrap suppliers operating in each market
- New market data on steel sections with consumption by G.C.C country split by section type (e.g. I-beams, H-beams, angles etc.)
- Expanded analysis of the Impact of the oil price on gulf states and its transmission mechanism to steel consumption
Critical and timely business intelligence source on the Middle East now expanded for 2016 edition
A Strategic Market Outlook for the Middle East Steel Industry out to 2020 gives unique access to the following:
- By country market analysis including: Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen.
- Product analysis including raw materials, long and flat steel products:
- By company analysis with regards to production, strategic plans, expansions, facilities, costs of production and raw material availability, including Emirates Iron and Steel, Hadeed, Jindal, South Steel, Qatar Steel, Unisteel, Jordan Steel, Habas, Erdemir, Colakoglu among others.
For every country included in this study, (Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and Yemen), MBR provides:
- Economic outlook - historic and forecast data from 2006-2020
2016 edition includes expanded coverage and new data
- Examination of the relationship between GDP growth per capita and steel consumption growth per capital
- Steel consuming sectors analysis
- Historic and forecast data on production, imports, exports and consumption over 2006-2020 for :
- Iron Ore, DRI/HBI, Scrap, Billet, Slab, HR Coil, CR Coil, Galvanised, Plate, Tinplate, Sections, Rebar, Wire Rod, other long products
- Summary chapters on each product, highlighting latest production, trade and consumption statistics
- Historic and forecast raw material flows
- Steel production cost analysis, as well as benchmarks against global parameters
- Re-roller vs. integrated cost analysis
- Database of all regional steel producers, capacity, technology and expansion plans
- Database of regional raw material and steel product prices, forecast out to 2020
- Expanded steel and raw material price forecasts by key markets and products out to 2020
The key questions the study answers include:
- How much impact have Chinese steel exports have had in Middle East markets and likely to have out to 2020?
- Will anticipated MENA steel demand growth meet expectations amid the current oil price ?
- What are the future prospects for Turkish rebar and wire rod sales out to 2020?
- What are steelmaker costs of production relative to selling prices by finished steel product?
- What are regional steelmaker operating costs and what cost challenges will there be out to 2020?
- What are the prospects for Turkish long product exports, aimed at GCC (Gulf Co-operation Council) markets, likely to be in the future?
- Who, if anyone at all, could join them in posing a significant threat to your regional domestic and export markets?
- What are the latest developments and insights into Iran and within the next five years?
- To what extent will the Middle East's iron metallic mix evolve?
- Where will be the next projects in the region?
- What is the transaction price outlook by steel and raw material product out to 2020?
- Should the GCC markets develop effective strategies against cheap imports? If so, how?
- What is the impact of Samarco's closure on Middle East DR pellet supply and prices/premiums to the region?
The 200+ page study includes comprehensive SWOT analysis for the following major steel producers, among others: