Product Code: BT 4114
Antimicrobial coatings are layered onto medical devices intended to interact with biological systems. Incessant research globally for developing highly biocompatible coatings to reduce the risk of infections is a pivotal factor stimulating the growth of the global antimicrobial coatings market for medical devices. This has led to the development of metallic (including silver, copper, and zinc) and non-metallic coatings (polymers and organic coatings, among others).
The market is marked by the presence of well-established as well as smaller companies. Some of the prominent players in the global antimicrobial coatings market include BASF SE (Germany), AST Products, Inc. (U.S.), BioInteractions LTD (U.K.), Covalon Technologies LTD (Canada), Sciessent LLC (U.S.), Royal DSM (Netherlands), Specialty Coating Systems, Inc. (U.S.), The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.), Hydromer, Inc. (U.S.), and PPG Industries, Inc. (U.S.).
A business model on some of these players is likely to serve as a blueprint for success in the antimicrobial coatings for medical devices market.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to stay abreast with competitor developments. It will also allow companies to reassess their present strategies vis-a-vis industry norms, and in turn provide cues as to how to remain competitive in the market and garner a greater market share.
Below is the list of some of the benefits of the business model analysis:
BENEFITS TO MANUFACTURERS
- The business model can help well-established/leading players and manufacturers in the industry to gauge competitor moves, align or re-align its business strategies to combat competition, or to create new growth engines. It also aids the development of a new model by altering the current business model in four broad categories-by changing the mix of products or services, postponing decisions, changing the decision-makers, and changing incentives in the value chain.
BENEFITS TO START-UP FIRMS/ENTREPRENEURS
- Start-ups companies/entrepreneurs can utilize business models to benchmark their offerings/services vis-a-vis competitors/leading players. It gives them a direction as to how to plan their business, and whether to enter a contested or uncontested space. By following the business models of leading players, start-up companies/entrepreneurs can make strategic/tactical decisions on whether to follow the "Blue Ocean Strategy or Red Ocean Strategy or Purple Ocean Strategy" to sustain in the market and to garner market share.
BENEFITS TO RESELLERS/CHANNEL PARTNERS/DISTRIBUTORS
- Business models can incentivize resellers/channel partners/distributors who are eyeing backward integration to gain dominance in their businesses.
BENEFITS TO MARKET RESEARCH & BUSINESS CONSULTING FIRMS
- Market research & business consulting firms can use these business models for validation of their research findings, and for consultation to third parties.
BENEFITS TO VENTURE CAPITALISTS/INVESTMENT FIRMS
- Venture capital is invested in exchange for an equity stake in the business. Depending on the growth and profitability of a business, the return of the venture capitalist as a shareholder is determined. Hence, venture capitalists/investment firms are usually very selective in deciding their investments. In-depth evaluations of companies/businesses are usually carried out before zeroing down on any company/business for investment. Evaluation parameters such as financial performance of the company, background and experience in the industry, company unique selling proposition (USP), innovative technology, effective business model, and lucrativeness of the market (adjudged by market size) are some of the indicative parameters that venture capitalists/investors look at before making an investment decision. A business model may serve as a stepping stone in ascertaining which companies (operating in particular market) would be ideal for investing.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. BUSINESS MODEL ANALYSIS IN ANTIMICROBIAL COATINGS FOR MEDICAL DEVICES MARKET
- 1.1. ANTIMICROBIAL COATINGS FOR MEDICAL DEVICE MARKET
- 1.1.1. INTRODUCTION
- 1.1.2. PROMINENT PLAYERS
- 1.2. BUSINESS MODEL
- 1.2.1. INTRODUCTION
- 1.2.2. ESSENCE OF BUSINESS MODEL
- 1.3. BUSINESS MODEL ANALYSIS BY COMPANIES
- 1.3.1. SPECIALTY COATING SYSTEMS, INC. (SCS) (U.S.)
- 126.96.36.199. Key Partners
- 188.8.131.52. Key Activities
- 184.108.40.206. Key Resources
- 220.127.116.11. Value Propositions
- 18.104.22.168. Channels
- 22.214.171.124. Customer Segments
- 126.96.36.199. Customer Relationships
- 188.8.131.52. Revenue Streams
- 184.108.40.206. Competitive Strategy
- 1.3.2. ROYAL DSM (THE NETHERLANDS)
- 220.127.116.11. Key Partners
- 18.104.22.168. Key Activities
- 22.214.171.124. Key Resources
- 126.96.36.199. Value Propositions
- 188.8.131.52. Channels
- 184.108.40.206. Customer Segments
- 220.127.116.11. Customer Relationships
- 18.104.22.168. Revenue Streams
- 22.214.171.124. Competitive Strategy
- 1.3.3. HYDROMER, INC. (U.S.)
- 126.96.36.199. Key Partners
- 188.8.131.52. Key Activities
- 184.108.40.206. Key Resources
- 220.127.116.11. Customer Segments
- 18.104.22.168. Value Propositions
- 22.214.171.124. Customer Relationship
- 126.96.36.199. Channels
- 188.8.131.52. Revenue Streams
- 184.108.40.206. Competitive Strategy
- 1.3.4. PPG INDUSTRIES, INC. (U.S.)
- 220.127.116.11. Key Partners
- 18.104.22.168. Key Activities
- 22.214.171.124. Key Resources
- 126.96.36.199. Value Propositions/ Revenue Streams
- 188.8.131.52. Channels
- 184.108.40.206. Customer Segments
- 220.127.116.11. Customer Relationships
- 18.104.22.168. Competitive Strategy
- 1.3.5. BASF SE (U.S.)
- 22.214.171.124. Key Partners
- 126.96.36.199. Key Activities
- 188.8.131.52. Key Resources
- 184.108.40.206. Value Propositions/Revenue Streams
- 220.127.116.11. Channels
- 18.104.22.168. Customer Relationships
- 22.214.171.124. Competitive Strategy
LIST OF TABLES
- TABLE 1: INDICATIVE LIST OF SUPPLIERS/DISTRIBUTORS OF FINAL PRODUCTS OF SCS
- TABLE 2: LIST OF UPCOMING TRADE SHOWS (2015) WHERE SCS WILL PARTICIPATE
- TABLE 3: LIST OF WEBINARS/CONFERENCES/EXHIBITIONS (2015) WHERE SCS WILL PARTICIPATE & HAS PARTICIPATED
- TABLE 4: LIST OF PARYLENE APPLICATIONS, BY INDUSTRY
- TABLE 5: LIST OF COMFORCOAT APPLICATIONS
- TABLE 6: INDICATIVE LIST OF HYDROMER'S DEALERS
- TABLE 7: INDICATIVE LIST OF SUPPLIERS FOR PPG INDUSTRIES, INC. (INDUSTRIAL COATINGS BUSINESS)
- TABLE 8: LIST OF HYGENTIC RANGE OF COMPOUNDS APPLICATIONS
- TABLE 9: R&D LANDSCAPE OF BASF IN 2014
LIST OF FIGURES
- FIGURE 1: PARAMETERS FOR STUDING BUSINESS MODEL
- FIGURE 2: BUSINESS MODEL: SPECIALTY COATING SYSTEMS, INC.
- FIGURE 3: ORGANIC & INORGANIC GROWTH STRATEGIES: INDUSTRY VS. SPECIALTY COATING SYSTEMS, INC.
- FIGURE 4: BUSINESS MODEL: ROYAL DSM
- FIGURE 5: ORGANIC & INORGANIC GROWTH STRATEGIES: INDUSTRY VS. ROYAL DSM
- FIGURE 6: BUSINESS MODEL: HYDROMER, INC.
- FIGURE 7: INDICATIVE LIST OF HYDROMER'S CLIENTELE
- FIGURE 8: ORGANIC & INORGANIC GROWTH STRATEGIES: INDUSTRY VS. HYDROMER
- FIGURE 9: BUSINESS MODEL: PPG INDUSTRIES, INC.
- FIGURE 10: ORGANIC & INORGANIC GROWTH STRATEGIES: INDUSTRY VS. PPG INDUSTRIES, INC.
- FIGURE 11: BUSINESS MODEL: BASF SE
- FIGURE 12: ORGANIC & INORGANIC GROWTH STRATEGIES: INDUSTRY VS. BASF SE