Report Description :
This is the fourth dedicated report on the market for NFC from IHS. The report
provides a comprehensive analysis of the key constraints, drivers and
challenges affecting the market for NFC.
The report identifies the NFC stakeholders and examines how NFC deployment
will affect existing value chains. The report's objective is to determine the
outlook for mass volume deployment in NFC ticketing, financial and other
applications. Key questions that the report tries and address include:
- How will the TSM space develop over the next twelve months?
- Where will the secure element be located?
- Which applications will drive the NFC market over the next five years?
- When will combo ICs start to be incorporated into NFC-enabled phones?
- Which phone manufacturers have NFC-enabled phones or plan to launch them
in the near future?
This report provides market data on NFC for the period 2011 to 2017. Market
- NFC modem and NFC secure element shipments from 2011 to 2017 split be
device type, operating system and geography.
- Market splits by smartphone operating system (Android, Blackberry OS,
Windows, iOS and Others).
- Analysis of NFC attach rates in cellular handsets.
- Breakdowns of NFC modem implementation methodology into cellular handsets.
- The number of secure elements incorporated into an NFC device is also
- Market share estimates for the leading suppliers of NFC modems and NFC
secure elements for 2011 and 2012.
Page Count : 125 (including 39 tables and 10 figures)
Deliverable : PDF file by e-mail
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 - Introduction, Scope and Methodology
- 1.0 Introduction
- 1.1 Scope
- 1.2 Methodology
- 1.3 Exchange Rates
Chapter 2 - NFC Technical Status and NFC Ecosystem Analysis
- 2.0 The Current Status of NFC and Technical Outlook
- 2.1 NFC Technology
- 2.2 The NFC Forum
- 2.3 NFC and ISO 18092 Standards
- 2.4 ETSI Specifications
- 2.5 ISO 15693
- 2.6 ISO 14443 & MIFARE
- 2.7 FeliCa
- 2.8 Location of the Secure Element
- 2.9 Competitive Technologies with NFC
- 2.10 NFC-enabled Cellular Handsets
- 2.11 NFC Ecosystem and Stakeholder Analysis
- 2.12 Semiconductor Manufacturers
- 2.13 Smart Card Suppliers
- 2.14 Mobile Phone Manufacturers
- 2.15 Mobile Network Operators (MNOs)
- 2.16 Hardware Acceptance Suppliers
- 2.17 Banks
- 2.18 Payment Processors (Credit Card/Debit Card/Payment Card)
- 2.19 Retailers (Merchants)
- 2.20 Consumers
- 2.21 Trusted Service Manager (TSM)
- 2.22 NFC in Applications other than Payment and Ticketing & Access
- 2.23 NFC & Other Wireless Technologies Combined
- 2.23 NFC & Bluetooth Combined
- 2.24 Use Case Scenarios of NFC Combined with Bluetooth
- 2.25 NFC & UWB Combined Functionality
- 2.26 NFC & WLAN Combined Functionality
- 2.27 Other NFC Applications
- 2.28 Strategic Business Situation
Chapter 3 - Market Forecasts and Analysis
- 3.0 Market for NFC Modems and NFC Secure Elements
- 3.1 World NFC Modem Shipments & Revenues by Device Type
- 3.2 World Shipments of NFC-enabled Cellular Handsets
- 3.3 NFC-enabled Smartphones by Operating System
- 3.4 Implementation Mode of NFC Modems Shipped into Cellular Handsets
- 3.5 World NFC Modem Shipments by Geographic Region
- 3.6 World NFC Secure Element Shipments & Revenues by Device Type
- 3.7 NFC Secure Elements by Cellular Handset Type
- 3.8 Implementation Mode of NFC Secure Elements Shipped into Cellular
- 3.9 World NFC Secure Elements into Cellular Handsets by Geographic Region
- 3.10 Number of NFC Secure Elements Incorporated into NFC-enabled Cellular
Chapter 4 - The Competitive Environment
- 4.0 Introduction
- 4.1 Notable NFC Projects