The present review is the study of the market of table salt (sodium chloride) in the world.
The purpose of the study - an analysis of world market of salt.
The research object is technical salt and brine produced by chemical and potash companies. All data on volumes of brine are based on a solid product.
This work is a Desk study. As sources was used information of the State of the U.S. Geological survey (USGS), of the database UNdata, Eurostat, sectoral and regional press, annual and quarterly reports of issuers of securities, and also Internet-sites of manufacturers of salt.
The chronological scope of the study: 2007-2015; Outlook 2016-2020
Study geography: the world.
The survey consists of 7 sections, contains 76 pages, including 23 tables, 11 figures and 2 appendices.
In the first Chapter of the review presents brief characteristics of world reserves and deposits of table salt.
The second Chapter is devoted to the methods of production, types and quality characteristics of salt.
The third Chapter describes the mining and production of sodium chloride in the world in 2007-2015 Presents dynamics of production volume by country, given the production capacity of major companies, gives a brief description of the major regional markets of the products, as well as a description of the largest companies-manufacturers.
The fourth Chapter of the review describes foreign trade operations with table salt for the period 2012-2015 Provides statistical data about the volume of foreign trade, the regional structure of exports and imports of sodium chloride.
The fifth Chapter presents a price analysis of the market, including considered price depending on the destination of the investigated product submitted export and import prices in 2008-2015, the price forecast for the period up to 2020.
The sixth Chapter examines the structure of consumption of salt in the world, describes the main areas of its application.
The seventh Chapter presents forecast of development of world market of salt until 2020
The Appendix presents a list and websites of major world companies-producers of salt by country, as well as provide addresses and contact information of the leading companies extracting salt.
Target audience research:
- participants of the market of table salt - producers, consumers, traders;
- potential investors.
The proposed study claims the role of reference for marketing services and professionals working in the market of salt.
Table of Contents
I. Reserves and deposits of table salt in the world
II. The main methods of production, types and quality characteristics of mined salt in the world
- II.1. The main methods of salt production
- II.2. Types and quality characteristics salt
- II.3. The use of additives for quality improvement of salt
III. Mining and production of salt in the world
- III.1. Volumes and regional structure of world production of salt in 2007-2015
- III.2. Global capacity for the extraction and production of salt
- III.3 description of the largest countries-manufacturers of salt
- III.3.1. China
- III.3.2. USA
- III.3.3. Europe
- III.3.4. India
- III.4. Description of major companies-manufacturers of salt
- III.4.1. Akzo Nobel Salt Inc. (Netherlands)
- III.4.2. Cargill, Inc. (USA)
- III.4.3. Compass Minerals (USA)
- III.4.4. K+S Salz GmbH, ESCO (Germany)
- III.4.5. Salins (France)
- III.4.6. Südwestdeutsche Salzwerke (Germany)
- III.4.7. Salinen Austria (Austria)
- III.4.8. British Salt Company (UK)
- III.4.9. Dampier Salt (Australia)
IV. Foreign trade operations with common salt in the world in 2012-2015.
- IV.1. Export
- IV.2. Import
- IV.3. Commercial restrictions on the trading of salt
V. Price of table salt in 2008-2015
- V. 1. World prices for table salt, depending on its purpose
- V. 2. The average world prices of export and import of salt in 2008-2014
- V. 3. The forecast of world prices for industrial salt for the period up to 2020.
VI. The consumption of salt in 2012-2015.
- VI.1. Structure of consumption of salt in the world
- VI.2. The main end-consumers of salt in the world
- VI.2.1. Chemical industry
- VI.2.2. Food industry and agriculture
- VI.2.3. Roads (de-icing roads)
- VI.2.4. Water treatment and purification
- VI.2.5. Oil and gas production (the production of drilling chemicals)
- VI.2.6. Other branches
VII. Forecast of development of world market of salt until 2020
Appendix 1. A list of the world's largest companies-manufacturers of salt by country
Appendix 2. Contact information world's leading companies engaged in the extraction of salt
List of Tables
- Table 1. The presence and concentration of impurities in common salt of different proishojdeniya
- Table 2. The salt production in the world in 2007-2015, mln t
- Table 3. Power the world's largest salt-mining companies in 2013-2014, mln t
- Table 4. The balance of production-consumption of salt in China in 2012-2015, mln t
- Table 5. Key indicators of the salt market in the US 2011-2015
- Table 6. Producer prices for various types of salt in the U.S. in 2012-2013, $/t
- Table 7. The prices of export and import of salt in USA 2012-2015, $/t
- Table 8. Structure of the sales of salt in the US by product and consuming industries in 2012-2013, kt
- Table 9. Structure of the sales of salt depending on the type and the commodity form of the product in the U.S. in 2012-2013, thousand t, thousand $
- Table 10. Specific structure of salt production in some European countries in 2008-2013, t
- Table 11. The main directions of export and average export prices of salt in Europe in 2012-2014, kt, mln $, $/t
- Table 12. The volume of exports and average prices for salt, with a breakdown by eight-digit HS codes in Europe in 2012-2014, kt, €/t
- Table 13. The main directions of import and average import prices of salt in Europe in 2012-2014, kt, mln $, $/t
- Table 14. Import volumes and average prices for salt, with a breakdown by eight-digit HS codes in Europe in 2012-2014, kt, €/t
- Table 15. The balance of production-consumption of salt in India in the period of 2012-2015, mln t, %
- Table 16. Technical characteristics of additives to salt for de-icing of the road surface produced by the company Akzo Nobel
- Table 17. Technical characteristics of salt production of Salt by the British Company
- Table 18. Technical characteristics of salt production Dampier Salt Limited
- Table 19. The salt in the world export in 2012-2015, kt, %
- Table 20. The imports of salt in the world in 2012-2015, tons
- Table 21. Sectoral structure of consumption of salt in the world in 2015, mln t, %
- Table 22. The practice of winter road maintenance (the use of fixed anti-icing components) in Europe in 2002, kt
- Table 23. Physical and chemical properties of the standard tablet salt for water treatment
List of Figures
- Figure 1. Dynamics of mining of salt in the world in 2007-2015, mln t
- Figure 2. Leading producing countries of salt in 2012 and 2015, %
- Figure 3. Sectoral structure of consumption of salt in China in 2015, %
- Figure 4. Structure of consumption of salt by types of products in the United States in 2015, %
- Figure 5. Sectoral structure of consumption of salt in the U.S. in 2015, %
- Figure 6. Average annual prices of exports of the largest exporters of salt in 2008-2014, $/ton
- Figure 7. The average prices of imports the largest importers of salt in 2008-2014, $/ton
- Figure 8. Sectoral structure of consumption of technical salt in the world in 2015, %
- Figure 9. Regional structure of consumption of technical salt in the world in 2015, %
- Figure 10: Dynamics of production of soda ash in the world in 1998-2015., mln t
- Figure 11: World production of salt in 2012-2015, and forecast for 2020, mln t