This report is the 12th edition of the tungsten market research in Russia and the CIS.
Market monitoring has been conducted since 1999.
The purpose of the study is to analyze the market of tungsten concentrates, tungsten anhydride and ammonium paratungstate, ferrotungsten and tungsten metal from the CIS countries, as well as their redistribution chains in non-ferrous metallurgy, ferrous metallurgy, lighting industry. The situation in the world market of tungsten and its raw materials is briefly considered.
The objects of investigation are tungsten ores, tungsten concentrates (scheelite and wolframite), paratungstate, tungsten anhydride, ferrovolphram and metallic tungsten.
This work is a desk study. As sources of information were used the data of the Federal State Statistics Service, the Federal Customs Service of the Russian Federation, the statistics of railway transportations of the Russian Federation, the Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan on Statistics, the State Customs Service of Ukraine; The materials of the US State Geological Service (USGS), the data of the UNdata database, the sectoral and regional press, annual and quarterly reports of securities issuers, as well as Internet sites of producers of tungsten raw materials, ferrotungsten and tungsten metal are used.
Chronological framework of the study: 1999-2016; forecast - 2017-2025.
Geography of the study: The Russian Federation - a comprehensive detailed analysis of the market; Republic of Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Belarus, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan - general retrospective analysis of the market; The rest of the world - general information about the dynamics and characteristics of the market.
The report consists of 9 parts, contains 276 pages, including 70 figures, 112 tables and 1 appendix.
In the first chapter of the report, a brief description of the world market of tungsten raw materials and metallic tungsten (reserves, production, production, exports and imports of concentrate and metallic tungsten by country, prices) is given.
The second chapter of the report contains information on the tungsten mineral base in the CIS countries (in more detail in Russia), the structure of reserves and the characteristics of the main deposits.
In the third chapter, the dynamics of the production of W concentrate in Russia in 1996-2016, Uzbekistan, and Kazakhstan was considered. The current state of Russian and foreign GOKs producing tungsten concentrates is described. In addition, this chapter contains information on exports and imports of W concentrate in Russia, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan. The balance of production and consumption of concentrates in Russia in 1999-2016 is separately examined.
The fourth chapter is devoted to the market of ammonium paratungstate (PVA) and tungsten anhydride. Data on production of this raw material in Russia and Uzbekistan are given. Details of Russian foreign trade operations with tungstates in 1999-2016. As well as the balance of production-consumption in this period.
The fifth chapter of the report describes the current state of industries that consume tungsten raw materials:
- production of ferrotungsten (major Russian producers, detailed analysis of Russian exports and imports of FeW);
- production, export and import of metallic tungsten in the CIS (description of the main Russian and Ukrainian producers, analysis of Russian and Ukrainian foreign trade operations with various tungsten products).
The sixth chapter is devoted to Russian export-import prices for tungsten concentrate, anhydride, ferrovolphram, metallic tungsten in 1999-2016.
In the seventh chapter, brief characteristics of industries that consume ferrovolphram and metallic tungsten are given.
The eighth chapter reviews projects and investments in the tungsten industry of Russia and the CIS countries.
The ninth chapter - the forecast of production and consumption of tungsten raw materials (concentrate and anhydride) in Russia until 2025.
The annexes provide the address and contact information of the main enterprises that produce and consume tungsten raw materials.
The target audience of the study:
- participants in the market of tungsten concentrate and chains of its further consumption - producers, consumers, traders;
- potential investors.
The proposed study claims to be a reference tool for marketing services and specialists who make managerial decisions on the market of tungsten raw materials.
Table of Contents
1. Brief description of the state of the world market of tungsten raw materials (stocks, production, prices)
2. Mineral and raw materials base of tungsten in the CIS
3. Market of tungsten concentrate in the CIS
- 3.1. Requirements for the quality of tungsten concentrate, its production technology
- 3.2. Russia
- 3.2.1. Production of tungsten concentrate in Russia in 1996-2016
- 3.2.2. Current status of tungsten concentrate manufacturing enterprises in Russia
- JSC "Primorskiy GOK" (JSC "GC" AIR ", Primorsky Territory)
- LLC Lermontovsky GOK (Primorsky Krai)
- CJSC Novorolovsky GOK (Zabaikalsky Krai)
- JSC "Zakamensk" (R. Buryatia)
- LLC "Staratelskaya Artel" Quartz "(Transbaikalian Territory)
- LLC "Pravoormyskoe" (Khabarovsk Territory)
- Enterprises that discontinued production
- 3.2.3. Export-import of tungsten concentrate in Russia in 2000-2016
- 3.2.4. Consumption of tungsten concentrate in Russia in 1999-2016 Production-consumption balance
- 3.3. Production of tungsten concentrate in Kazakhstan
- 3.4. Production of tungsten concentrate in Uzbekistan
- 3.5. Production of tungsten concentrate in Kyrgyzstan
- 3.6. Production of tungsten concentrate in Tajikistan
4. Market of tungsten anhydride and ammonium paratungstate in Russia and the CIS
- 4.1. Russia
- 4.1.1. Production of tungsten anhydride and ammonium paratungstate in 1999-2016
- 4.1.2. Current status of the enterprises producing ammonium and tungsten anhydride paratungstate
- JSC "Hydrometallurg" (CBD, Nalchik)
- OAO Kirovgrad Hard Alloys Plant (Russia, Sverdlovsk Region)
- Enterprises that ceased production of PVA
- 4.1.3. Export-import of tungsten anhydride, ammonium paratungstate, other tungstates in Russia in 1999-2016
- Export-import of RF tungsten anhydride in 1999-2016
- Export-import of ammonium paratungstate in Russia in 1999-2016
- RF exports of lead tungstate in 2007-2016
- Export-import of other tungstates in Russia in 2012-2016
- 4.1.4. The balance of production and consumption of PVA and tungsten anhydride (in terms of WO3) in Russia in 1999-2016
- 4.2. Uzbekistan
- 4.2.1. Current status of PVA and tungsten anhydride manufacturing enterprises in Uzbekistan
- OJSC "Uzbek Combine of Refractory and Heat-Resistant Metals"
5. State of the industries that consume tungsten-containing raw materials in the CIS
- 5.1. Production, export-import of ferrotungsten in the CIS
- 5.1.1. Ferro-tungsten production in Russia in 2009-2016 The main Russian producers
- LLC Moliren (Russia, Moscow region)
- LLC "Unechsky plant of refractory metals" - UZTM (Russia, Bryansk region)
- LLC "Buruktal Nickel Plant" (Russia, Orenburg region)
- LLC "Enterprise" Kristall "(Russia, Kostroma region)
- Zubtsovsky Machine-Building Plant LLC (Russia, Tver Region)
- PJSC "Kluchevsky Ferroalloy Plant" (Russia, Sverdlovsk Region)
- LLC "Vishnevogorsk metallurgical plant" Northern niobium "(Russia)
- Other producers in Russia
- Enterprises of Russia ceased production of ferro tungsten
- 5.1.2. Enterprises of Ukraine
- 5.1.3. Export-import of ferrotungsten in the CIS in 1999-2016
- 5.2. Production, export-import of metal tungsten in the CIS
- 5.2.1. Current status of the enterprises producing tungsten metal and its products in the CIS
- OJSC "Pobedit" (Russia, S. Ossetia)
- OJSC "Polema" (Russia, Tula region)
- OJSC Kirovgrad Hard Alloys Plant (Russia, Sverdlovsk Region)
- LLC "Unechsky plant of refractory metals (Russia, Bryansk region, Unecha)
- OJSC "Uzbek Combine of Refractory and Heat-Resistant Metals" (Uzbekistan)
- OJSC "Torezverdosplav" (Ukraine)
- SSPP "Alcon-hard-alloy" (Ukraine, Kiev)
- Enterprises that have stopped working (Ukraine)
- 5.2.2. Export-import of metallic tungsten in the CIS in 1999-2016
- Other countries
6. Export-import prices for tungsten products in Russia in 1999-2016
- 6.1. Tungsten Concentrate
- 6.2. Ferrotungsten
- 6.3. Tungsten compounds
- 6.4. Metallic tungsten and articles thereof
7. Brief description of industries consuming metallic tungsten
- 7.1. Manufacture of tungsten carbide and hard alloys
- OJSC Kirovgrad Hard Alloys Plant
- OJSC Pobedit
- OJSC Sandvik-MKTS
- LLC "Unech factory of refractory metals" / ZAO "Company" Wolfram "
- 7.2. Production of high-speed steels
- 7.3. Manufacture of corrosion-resistant, heat-resistant steels and alloys. Production of heavy alloys
- 7.4. Lighting industry
- 7.5. Electronics
- 7.6. Other
8. Projects and investments in the tungsten industry of the CIS countries
- 8.1. Projects in the tungsten industry of Russia
- 8.1.1. Russian projects to develop new deposits
- 8.1.2. Russian projects for the construction of new facilities for the processing of tungsten concentrates
- 8.1.3. Russian projects for the production of ferro tungsten
- 8.2. Project on the resumption of extraction and processing of tungsten in Uzbekistan
- 8.3. Projects on the recovery of tungsten production in Kazakhstan
- 8.4. Projects to resume tungsten production in Tajikistan
- 8.5. Project for the extraction of tungsten in Kyrgyzstan
9. Status and forecast of production and consumption of tungsten raw materials in Russia up to 2025
Application. Address book of producers of tungsten products