This report is the 10th edition of the market research rare earth elements (metals) in the CIS countries.
The purpose of research - market analysis of rare earth elements (metals) in the CIS and forecast of its development up to 2020-2025.
This work is a Desk study. As sources of information on the world market, we used data UNdata, USGS, Lynas, IMCOA, SMM, Molycorp, TMR, BGS and other foreign companies.
For analysis of the CIS market was based on data IATS "Mineral", Rosstat, the State statistics Committee of the CIS, Goskomstat of Ukraine, the State customs service of Ukraine, the statistics Agency of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Federal customs service of Russia, sectoral and regional press, annual and quarterly reports of emitters of securities, Internet-sites of company-producers and consumers of rare-earth metals, materials foreign publications, scientific and technical literature. There were several interviews with experts in this field.
The chronological scope of the study: 1997-2015. (some figures from 1993); forecast - 2020 and 2025.
Geography research: Russian Federation - a comprehensive detailed analysis of the market; the world, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and other CIS countries - overall market analysis.
The volume of research: report consists of 8 sections, contains 186 pages, including 57 figures and 53 tables.
In the first Chapter of the report presents brief characteristics of world market of rare earth metals, data on world reserves, production (2002-2015), consumption, and prices for certain types of rare earth metals (2006-2015). Described in detail the situation in the production and export of rare earth in China.
In the second Chapter of the report describes in detail the mineral resources base of rare earth metals in the CIS. Shows the characteristics of the existing fields in the CIS (Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Ukraine), data on the potential reserves of rare earth metals in the CIS.
The third Chapter is devoted to projects in the CIS associated with mining and processing of rare earth raw materials. The most promising projects, given their characteristics.
The fourth Chapter presents data on the mining and milling of ores containing REE. The detailed description of the basic enterprises-manufacturers of given production in the CIS countries, the main of which is OOO "Lovozersky GOK".
The fifth Chapter is devoted to the production of rare earth products in the CIS. It shows the range of rare earth products in the CIS, a detailed description of company-producers of rare earth products, shows the dynamics of production and supply.
The sixth Chapter presents data on exports and imports of Russian REE in 1997-2015. the distribution by destinations of supplies and products. It also gives the dynamics of prices of various types of supply of rare earth metals (compounds and metals). Chapter is supplemented by description of the foreign trade operations REM Kazakhstan, Ukraine and other CIS countries.
The seventh Chapter describes in detail the consumption of rare earth products in Russia. In this Chapter the dynamics of consumption of REE in Russia (2000-2015), the structure of consumption by individual REE, the main company-consumers. Also the characteristic areas of consumption of rare earth products in Russia.
The eighth Chapter is devoted to forecast of production and consumption of rare earth products in Russia/CIS up to 2020 and 2025, it presents various options for the development of the situation on the market of rare earth metals in Russia.
The Appendix contains the data as the main rare earth products Molycorp Silmet (AS Silmet), as well as addresses and contact information on the main companies producing, supplying and consuming rare earth products.
Target audience research:
- participants of the market of rare earth products - producers, consumers, traders;
- potential investors.
The proposed study claims the role of reference for professionals working in the market of REE and make management decisions.
Table of Contents
1. The world market for REE
- 1.1 Mineral reserves and production of rare earth metals
- 1.2 Production of REE in China
- 1.3 Export of rare earth in China (2003-2015)
- 1.4 Company-producers of rare earth outside China and new projects
- 1.5 Consumption of REE
- 1.5.1 Key areas and trends in the use of REE
- 1.5.2 the Main country-consumers of REE
- 1.6 Prices of REE
2. Mineral resources base of rare-earth elements in CIS
- 2.1 Russia
- 2.2 Kyrgyzstan
- 2.3 Ukraine
- 2.4 Kazakhstan
- 2.5 Potential reserves of rare earth metals in the CIS
3. Projects in the CIS associated with mining rare earth materials processing
- 3.1 Tatarsky project
- 3.2 Project on processing of technogenic raw materials (monazite concentrate)
- 3.3 Projects to extract rare earth metals from products of processing of Apatite-nepheline ores of the Khibiny group
- 3.4 Project development area eudialyte-loparite ores Alluaiv
- 3.5 Other projects
4. Extraction and beneficiation of ores containing rare earth (1997-2015)
- 4.1 Enterprises engaged in the extraction and processing of ores containing REE
- 4.2 companies that have stopped processing of ores containing REE
- 4.2.1 JSC "Kyrgyz chemical-metallurgical plant" (Kyrgyzstan)
- 4.2.2 MMC Caspian (Kazakhstan)
5. The production of rare earth products in the CIS and Estonia
- 5.1 Dynamics of production of rare earth products and their range in 2002-2013
- 5.2. Current status of company-producers of rare earth products in the CIS
- 5.2.1 Enterprises engaged in the production of REE
- JSC "Solikamsk magnesium plant" (Russia)
- Molycorp Silmet (Estonia)
- LLP "Irtysh rare-earth company" (Kazakhstan)
- SARECO (Kazakhstan)
- 5.2.2 Enterprises have stopped production of REE
- JSC "Kyrgyz chemical-metallurgical plant" (Kyrgyzstan)
- OJSC "Moscow plant of polymetals" (Russia)
- JSC "Siberian chemical combine" (Russia)
- JSC "Chepetsky mechanical plant" (Russia)
- JSC "Uralredmet" (Russia)
- JSC "pilot chemical and metallurgical plant Giredmet" (Russia)
- Other companies
6. Export-import of rare earth products in the CIS 1997-2015
- 6.1 Russia
- Compounds of rare earth metals
- Metals and alloys REE
- 6.2 Kazakhstan
- 6.3 Ukraine
- 6.4 Other CIS countries
7. Consumption of rare earth products in Russia, 2000-2015
- Production of glassware, optics and phosphors
- Catalysts for oil refining
- Manufacture of autocatalysts
- Catalysts for the production of rubber
- Production of rare earth magnets
- Crystal growing
- Other areas
8. Forecast of production and consumption of REE in Russia/CIS until 2020-2025
Appendix 1: the Quality of major rare earth products Molycorp Silmet
- The concentrate of rare earth oxides
- REE nitrate solution
- The concentrate of REM fluorides
- The cerium dioxide
- Cerium carbonate 45
- Cerium carbonate 60
- Lanthanum oxide
- Oxide praseodymium
- Neodymium metal
- The alloy neodymium-iron-boron
- A concentrate of oxides of samarium-europium-gadolinium
- Polishing powder
Appendix 2: Contact information on main producers, consumers and importers of rare earth metals in the CIS
List of Tables
- Table 1: Characteristics of rare earth deposits of China
- Table 2: Ratio of individual REE in a number of Chinese ore deposits, %
- Table 3: Global mine production in concentrates) in terms of rare earth oxides in 2002-2015, t
- Table 4: Production quotas for rare earth metals in the provinces of China in 2011-2015, MT
- Table 5: Planned capacity in the REM Chinese companies to eliminate
- Table 6: Export quotas for rare earth in China in 2011-2014, kt
- Table 7: Volumes and structure of export of separate types of export supplies of rare earth metals by China in 2012-2015, t, %
- Table 8: the Main country-importers of rare earth metals from China in 2011-2015, kt
- Table 9: Financial and operating performance of the company Molycorp in 2011-2014
- Table 10: Stated and ongoing projects for the extraction of rare earth resources in the world outside China
- Table 11: Forecast of world production of rare earth metals to 2020 and 2030
- Table 12: Use of different rare earth metals in the production process, %
- Table 13: Structure of consumption of rare earth metals calculated as oxides are in the world in 2013, 2015, and 2020, 2030 (forecast), kt
- Table 14: Consumption of selected rare earth metals in 2012 and in 2020, 2030 (forecast), kt
- Table 15: Main directions and trends in the consumption of rare earth metals in the world
- Table 16: capacities on production of rare-earth magnets from Chinese companies, kt
- Table 17: Share of Japan in China supply different kinds of rare earth products in 2012-2015, %
- Table 18: Dynamics of world imports of compounds and metals of rare earth metals in main areas of supply in 2005-2015, kt
- Table 19: Average prices of oxides of rare earth elements Chinese manufacturers FOB in 2005-2015, dollars./kg
- Table 20: characteristics of the main deposits of rare earth metals in Russia
- Table 21: Content and distribution of REE oxides in industrial sources in the CIS, %
- Table 22: Indicators of activity of LLC "Lovozero GOK" in 2006-2014, mln.
- Table 23: Volumes of production of rare earth metals in the CIS (in equivalent of oxides) in 1999-2015, t
- Table 24: Range of REE in the enterprises of the former USSR
- Table 25: Characteristics of carbonates of OJSC "Solikamsk magnesium plant"
- Table 26: supplies of JSC "SMZ" separated REE for export in 2013-2015, t
- Table 27: Financial results of JSC "Solikamsk magnesium plant" in the 2002-2015 period, mln.
- Table 28: Directions of supplies of rare earth products Molycorp Silmet in 2010-2015, t
- Table 29: Nomenclature and characteristics of production RZM production LLP "Irtysh rare-earth company"
- Table 30: requirements for the quality of nitrates REE production IRSC
- Table 31: Exports REE compounds from Russia by recipient countries in 1999-2015, t (in kind)
- Table 32: Import of REE compounds to Russia by country-suppliers in 1999-2015, t (in kind)
- Table 33: Major companies-suppliers to Russia of rare earth compounds in 2004-2015, t
- Table 34: Structure of supplies of rare earth compounds on the types of products and items in 2007-2015, %
- Table 35: prices of rare earth compounds of various suppliers in Russia in 2004-2015, $ /kg
- Table 36: Export of rare-earth metals from Russia by countries in 1999-2015, kg
- Table 37: Imports of rare earth metals and alloys Russia by countries of origin in 1999-2015, kg
- Table 38: suppliers of rare earth metals and alloys to Russia in 2004-2015, t
- Table 39: prices of imported Russian rare-earth metals and alloys in 2004-2015, $ /t
- Table 40: Kazakhstan's Exports of rare earth compounds (tonnes and thousand dollars) and prices on them ($/kg) 2001-2015
- Table 41: Import of REE compounds to Ukraine by countries of origin in 2001-2015, t, thousand$.
- Table 42: Import of rare earth metals and alloys Ukraine by countries of origin in 2001-2015, kg, USD
- Table 43: Balance of production and consumption of rare earth metals (calculated as oxides) in Russia in 2000-2015, kt
- Table 44: the Main company-consumers of compounds of rare earth metals (calculated as oxides) in Russia in 2006-2015, tonnes (excluding traders)
- Table 45: Indicators of quality polishing powders produced by JSC "Chepetsk mechanical plant"
- Table 46: Technical characteristics of anti-Stokes luminophors manufactured by CJSC NPF "Phosphor"
- Table 47: Technical characteristics of rare earth cracking catalysts of the Russian enterprises-manufacturers
- Table 48: Dynamics of production of synthetic rubber SKD brand in Russia in 2003-2015, kt
- Table 49: composition of the modifier for the treatment of steel production INSTEEL "SPE Technology", %
- Table 50: typical composition of rare earth alloys in JSC "Klyuchevskoy Ferroalloy plant"
- Table 51: Composition of modifiers (ligatures) based on iron production of LLC "Complex modifiers"
- Table 52: Forecast demand in rare earth metals of atomic energy of Russia until 2050, t
- Table 53: Scenarios and indicators for the development of rare earth industry Ministry of industry and trade of the Russian Federation
List of Figures
- Figure 1: Geographical structure of proven reserves of rare earth metals in the world, %
- Figure 2: Distribution of REE in confirmed mineral resources of the world, %
- Figure 3: the Provinces of China, producing REE "light" and "heavy" group
- Figure 4: China Export REE compounds, metals and rare-earth magnets in 2003-2015, kt
- Figure 5: Exports of China rare earth products in 2005 to 2015, thousand t, mln$.
- Figure 6: Structure of exports of rare earth in China by types of products in 2012-2015, %
- Figure 7: Production of REE (t) and selling price (us $ /kg) company Lynas in 2013-2016
- Figure 8: the Main use of rare earth metals
- Figure 9: Dynamics (2011-2015) and forecast (2025) sales of hybrid and electric vehicles (PHEV+EV) , thousand pieces
- Figure 10: Dynamics of the global wind energy market in 1997-2015 and 2020 (prediction), GW
- Figure 11: Consumption of rare earth in China and other countries of the world in 2005-2015 and 2020 (forecast), kt
- Figure 12: Consumption of rare earth in China in some areas (kt) and share of global use (%)
- Figure 13: Imports of REE Japan and China's share in 2005-2015, thousand t, %
- Figure 14: Dynamics of average prices of rare earth oxides (basket) Lynas in 2001-2014, $ /kg
- Figure 15: Dynamics of prices for NdPr in 2014-2016 (the domestic prices of China with a VAT), $ /kg
- Figure 16: Dynamics of average prices of carbonates of REE production SMZ, $ /kg
- Figure 17: Distribution of reserves of rare earth metals in the Russian regions
- Figure 18: Production of REE in loparite concentrate by LLC "Lovozero GOK" in 1997-2015, kt
- Figure 19: Dynamics of processing of loparite concentrate by JSC "SMZ" in 1999-2015, kt
- Figure 20: Dynamics of rare-earth shipments of products of JSC "Solikamsk magnesium plant" in 1993-2015 (in terms of oxides), t
- Figure 21: Distribution of supplies of carbonates REE production SMZ by importers in 2006-2015, %
- Figure 22: Structure of supplies of JSC "SMZ" separated REE for export in 2014-2015, %
- Figure 23: Dynamics of supplies of rare earth compounds Solikamsk magnesium plant in the domestic market in 2009-2015., t
- Figure 24: Dynamics of imports of Silmet melt chlorides and carbonates of REE with OJSC "Solikamsk magnesium plant" in 1997-2015, t
- Figure 25: Dynamics of export Silmet REE compounds to Russia in 1997-2015, t
- Figure 26: Dynamics of the Estonian exports of rare earth compounds Silmet in 2001-2015, kt
- Figure 27: flows of supplies of raw materials for production of rare earth products Molycorp Silmet in 2010-2015, %
- Figure 28: Dynamics of imports of REE compounds LLP "Irtysh rare-earth company" in 2004-2015, t
- Figure 29: Dynamics of production of REE LLP "Irtysh rare-earth company" in 1997-2015, t (in recalculation on oxides)
- Figure 30: Dynamics of export supplies of REE compounds LLP "Irtysh rare-earth company" in 2000-2015, t (in kind)
- Figure 31: Dynamics of production of rare earth products of JSC "Kyrgyz hmz" in 1999-2007, t
- Figure 32: Dynamics of REE supplies from Kirgizia to Russian market in 2004-2007, t
- Figure 33: Dynamics of export and import of REE compounds of JSC "Uralredmet" in 1998-2004, tonnes
- Figure 34: Exports and imports of rare earth compounds of Russia in 1999-2015, t (in kind)
- Figure 35: Dynamics of export of REE compounds from Russia in 1999-2015, thousand t, mln$.
- Figure 36: Dynamics of imports of REE compounds to Russia in 1999-2015, thousand t, mln$.
- Figure 37: Dynamics of export and import of rare-earth metals in Russia in 1999-2015
- Figure 38: Dynamics of export and import of rare earth metals and alloys in terms of money in 1999-2015, thous.
- Figure 39: Structure of imports of rare earth metals and alloys Russia in 2006-2015, %
- Figure 40: Structure of REE import by Russia in 2004-2013, and in 2014-2015, %
- Figure 41: Dynamics of import supplies of the Russian Federation other metal products containing REE, 2007-2015, t
- Figure 42: Dynamics of imports of rare earth compounds of Kazakhstan in 2001-2015, t
- Figure 43: Dynamics of export of rare earth compounds of Kazakhstan 2001-2015, t, thousand$.
- Figure 44: Dynamics of imports of REE compounds, rare earth metals and alloys Ukraine in 2001-2015, t, thousand$.
- Figure 45: Dynamics of imports of Belarus REE compounds in 2001-2015, t
- Figure 46: Dynamics of REE consumption (in terms of oxides) in Russia in 2000-2015, kt
- Figure 47: Estimated structure of consumption of REE in Russia in 2004-2015 (in terms of oxides), %
- Figure 48: Estimated structure of use of REE in Russia (in terms of oxides) in 2010-2015, %
- Figure 49: Dynamics of production of phosphors NPF "Phosphor" in 1999-2015, t
- Figure 50: Dynamics of production of cracking catalysts in Russia in 2002-2015, t
- Figure 51: Dynamics of production of catalysts of JSC "Ural electrochemical plant"/"Ekoalyans" in 1998-2015, thousand pieces
- Figure 52: Dynamics of Russian imports of mischmetal in 2005-2015, t
- Figure 53: Dynamics of imports of mischmetall LLC "New Perspective Products Technology" in 2005-2015, t
- Figure 54: Imports of rare earth magnets by Russia in 2007-2014, t, mln.
- Figure 55: Forecast of production of rare earth metals (calculated as oxides) in Russia until 2020 and 2025, kt
- Figure 56: use of REE in various types of military equipment
- Figure 57: Forecast of REE consumption (in terms of oxides) in Russia until 2020, kt